Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I’m a skier but am learning to board, been given a board by a friend he said it’s perfect for a beginner he’s same height and weight but he’s got no spare bindings, I go on Tuesday so does anyone know where I can grab some cheap bindings quickly, based in Coventry.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have some bindings in London

Even if you could get them in time .....knowing your boot size and brand would help with what binding sizes are needed to fit your boots .
If you dont have any snowbrd boots then foot lenghts or shoe size would be a start.

It also helps to know if the boards a 4x4 bolt or Burton 3D or Burton channel so you get the right mounting hardware
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tirol 164 wrote:
I have some bindings in London

Even if you could get them in time .....knowing your boot size and brand would help with what binding sizes are needed to fit your boots .
If you dont have any snowbrd boots then foot lenghts or shoe size would be a start.

It also helps to know if the boards a 4x4 bolt or Burton 3D or Burton channel so you get the right mounting hardware

Thank you very much that’s very kind, I did actually mean could anyone recommend a shop I wasn’t on the scrounge, I know nothing about the board I was going to take it to the shop with me.

My local shop is ski only and anything else I can find is snow and rock type place which don’t usually have stock.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Cov_lad, Where are you heading to? You can probably pick some up in resort, though maybe not so cheap. Is there not a shop attached to the snowdome at Tamworth?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ellis Brigham has bindings in the £90-160 range although sizing and stock may be limited at certain stores .
Is that cheap ....well its probably the only choice one day out from traveling and in resort will be full cost and/or could be limited stock.

Often when buying lower cost bindings new in a hurry, depending on your weight ,you end up with very soft flexing entry bindings .
So Id look at the a pair with a suitable flex if you have a choice .

https://www.ellis-brigham.com/snowboard-bindings

Otherwise you could forget taking the board/bindings and rent a setup in resort .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dude, just rent a board / bindings / boots in resort.
If you're learning to board and hate it the shop will probably let you switch to skis.
If you're intent on buying then take your deck and boots with you to make sure there aren't issues with mounting / overhang etc.
Oh, and enjoy the ride!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most rental places will let you rent just a pair of bindings too if you are set on taking your own board. I had to when I forgot to take my own bindings when we drove to Val Thorens once. Or, Decathlon Coventry may have some - call them first though or order to collect in branch
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you everyone for the great advice, i went to boardwise Cannock and bought a pair from there, £110 wasn’t bad as the board was free so at least I’m set up now.

Board on the roof with my skis and I’m away tomorrow.

Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cov_lad wrote:
Thank you everyone for the great advice, i went to boardwise Cannock and bought a pair from there, £110 wasn’t bad as the board was free so at least I’m set up now.

Board on the roof with my skis and I’m away tomorrow.

Eh oh! Eh oh!

Boardwise was going to be where I recommended. What did you buy in the end? And what board is it that he gave you?!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy