Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving from 3V to Geneva airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
You guys seem to be quicker than google so here goes.

I’m currently in the 3V. Picking my son up from Geneva airport in a couple of weeks.
I’m in our UK car. We have a Emovis toll tag and the French Crit Air sticker.
Having done a quick google I think the sticker is all that is required for Swiss toll.
So I think I’m good to go. Can anyone confirm?

Also does anyone know what short term car park I should use once I’m there? With the roof box I’m sitting at around 2.2m high.

Cheers guys.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending on what route you take, you'll need a Swiss vignette for a very short part of the Swiss motorway
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking at google maps the A41 seems to be the most direct route.
Is there somewhere along this route to buy one?
Google was saying that if I had a French Crit air, I did not need a Swiss vignette?

Regarding vehicle height it looks like most car parks are 2m. So I’ll probably remove the roof box.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can buy the vignette at the border - in fact you probably won't have a choice, as they often have people checking cars as they drive through, on the motorway route. It's about £30.

If you want to save the money, then I _think_ you can go in via the D1201 and central Geneva instead, and add c. 30mins to your journey depending on time of day. Same again on the way out. If you value your time at more than £30/hour, then clearly the vignette becomes a no-brainer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can now buy an electronic virtual Swiss vignette online, registered against your UK vehicle reg no.

Beware intermediary sites that aren’t the official one and which charge a ‘fee’.

The official site is www.e-vignette.ch and this just charges the usual CHF 40. This will be valid through to 1st. Feb. 2025

If you have a French Crit’Air then you do not need the Geneva region equivalent clean air certificate, called a Stick’Air as it doubles as both. But it’s nothing to do with the motorway vignette.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 4-02-24 11:47; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers guys.
Just been doing some more googling.
I believe the French Crit air is ok for Geneva city as an air pollution sticker.

I found the E vignette website which replaces the need to pull off motorway to go and buy the sticker.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy