Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard Lessons Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello.

Wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully ok here...

Heading out to stay in Morzine with an experienced group of boarders and skiers, however we have one effectively beginner boarder with us who will be needing lessons.

The rest of us like to slide up in Avoriaz so it would be perfect if the beginner could get lessons up there so that we can collect her easily afterwards, however group lessons generally start at 09.00 up by the Folie so I can't see any way of getting her up there in time. Even first lift on Prodains would require that slooow-ass chair out of the village and a slide/walk over.

Anyone come up against this issue that can recommend a company who offer morning lessons from like 09.30? Or lessons from 09.00 that meet at the top of Prodains?

Could get private lessons to start at whatever time is convenient obviously, but trying to keep the cost down for 5 or 6 days lessons at 2 hrs each.

Any advice much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Paxo,
It's worth looking at the various providers.
We have used ESF, Evo2, Mint & Switch5 in Avoriaz, all of whom have been great.
But even if you can't get away from the 9:00 start, then you can get the Tour lift up to the plateau instead of the slow-ass one (Bd de Skieurs).
Prodains opens at 8:45 for skiers, so you could be at the top by 8:50 (it takes 4 minutes).
This allows 10 minutes for either of the 2 lift options, which would be enough.
Also on the first day they normally allow a few minutes faff time, so they wont be leaving the plateau until probably 8-10 minutes after the start time.
Advise them also that you may arrive a couple of minutes late on day one.
Subsequent days, it may be possible to meet them at the "old meeting place" which is at the top of the Prodains lift.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure about timings but I can heartily recommend Mint for snowboarding lessons. I had a couple of private lessons with Tammy a couple of years ago and she brought me on no end.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

heartily recommend Mint for snowboarding lessons

This. Mint are excellent for snowboarding tuition.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. The issue is that she's a rank beginner and therefore can't take Tour and slide down. As such, stuck with the slow (foot passenger) chair to the plateau.

ESF are out - they start at 09.00 on the plateau and have already said they won't wait. Will perhaps give Mint a try.

Thanks again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Might be worth speaking with Mint direct - we had booked 9am lessons (for Morzine) and Mint dropped us an email a few weeks ago advising they had moved them to start at 11.15 so they may have done something similar for Avoriaz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy