Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France travel review before half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Apologies for cluttering up the forum with more Covid boring admin.

I have ordered lateral flows for everyone for going to France on 13th Feb. However I now hear muttering that this test be be got rid of? Like in Switzerland.

Anyone heard anything? I can get a refund on my tests £90 for 6. But then may cut it fine and need to reorder if there isn’t a review! rolling eyes

What are others doing? Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have ordered ours… but we are going into Switzerland, throw France and staying in Italy. I can’t see them BOTH dropping restrictions, it MIGHT happen but I decided not to take risk of delayed delivery as we get closer to the busy week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RosieL, mutterings from where?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just another forum. Also because Switzerland have dropped them. No formal mutterings though…
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It’s probably less stressful just to stick with it. Less than 3 weeks to go now…
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
France has already announced changes for 15th Feb where your 2nd Jab validity drops from 7 months to 4 months, to push people to get boosted.
I cant see them tightening entry in one way & then relaxing it in another in a single swoop.
However, thinking about it, it does put a lot of pressure on their current system of testing children during French Half Term, which will probably be quite disruptive.
Combination of more tests,while also having less testers who may be on vacation themselves.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mr.Egg, schoolchildren autotest so that pressure enormously, massively reduced to, err, zero …

Change Feb 15 follows changes Jan 15 and Dec 15 all aimed at encouraging domestic booster takeup.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/official-eu-to-introduce-new-individual-based-travel-restrictions-from-february-1/?fbclid=IwAR0D3WXvHZYo6uvNx0i2arIlw1NpXNS1DXBaKiYePRrSlsnzPdtKfY5vIQw

This might be of interest - not sure how reliable a source. I have some lateral flows left over from previous cancelled trips so won’t need to buy more. I have used c19 on several occasions who send by next day delivery - pretty reliable.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@Mr.Egg, schoolchildren autotest so that pressure enormously, massively reduced to, err, zero …

Change Feb 15 follows changes Jan 15 and Dec 15 all aimed at encouraging domestic booster takeup.

so French kids (& probably the whole EU) follow different testing rules?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Rookiescot, I get daily notifications from schengenvisainfo and it's really good - tend to find out what Europe are up to before it filters down to UK news - and it normally does affect us. Helps me stay one step ahead knowledge wise for travel!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mr.Egg, no they home test lfts
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
News from Brussels:

EU countries have agreed to make it easier for anyone with an EU Covid-19 certificate to travel within the bloc without having to face any further restrictions such as tests or quarantine.

That would mean those with an EU Covid certificate, which proves vaccination, recovery or a negative test would be allowed to travel freely within the EU or Schengen zone without the need for extra tests or quarantine, even if they were coming from a country with high Covid infection rates.

The recommendation is set to come into force on February 1st, but it is non-binding so individual EU countries would be free to impose whatever travel restrictions they wish if they feel the need.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wonder if that might apply to anyone with an EU-compatible covid certificate, such as the NHS one?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is what i am hoping is happening. Apart from the cost the amount of organising for our group of 15 to all do pre flight testing is a nightmare.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It will definitely come in as a rule. However, we're not in the EU anymore so won't benefit. I'd imagine each country will make up it's rule for us like last summer based on infection numbers. Easier to manage us this way as we've a hard border.
ski holidays
Hope my french covid pass with my nhs pass loaded qualifies as EU compatible covid pass Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en#who-can-get-the-eu-digital-covid-certificate
Looks like Uk may be acceptable or I may be reading it wrong s confusing
snow conditions
We are driving via France to Switzerland 18th Feb and haven't bought any covid tests yet. I'm really hoping that the entry requirements to enter France will be relaxed by then, but I haven't heard anything formal about it. This is the biggest element of stress at the moment, that someone in the family would test positive, which would mean we can't go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy