Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wounded skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Let's see how ruthless you are with your equipment. Post a picture of your skis after a thrashing.

I'll kick off - here are my Tankers after a 1m drop to what looked like pristine snow...but had a sharp rock about 1 inch underneath Shocked

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ahhh, love well built skis. The Tonkers, like Volkl Explosives, have a sheet of metal under the base PTEX so when you hit a rock the unforgiving metal makes the rock scratch along the ski and do damage like that^. Also the PTEX doesn't stick to the metal very well, as you can see here. My skis aren't with me at the moment but I'll post a picture of my Explosives bases soon, there's more epxoy than PTEX in places. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oooooo that hurts Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice one.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Took a pair of Rossi 9X's from intersport and handed them back having proved that skiing down roads and then quickly onto kerbs when cars come is not the way forward. Peeled off a sizeable amount of petex back to whatever they use for the core.

I'll hand it to their repair staff tho!! With what must have been a considerable amount of petex and cursing, they fixed them and rented them to my mate the next week without a word to me!! Could be coincidence but they also downngraded them from 'VIP' to 'Normal' class that week...

You seem to have done a pretty good effort on your own skis..! Maybe you could send them back and say "a bit of the base fell off when I was waxing them".......? rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy