Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fit to Fly Antigen/LFD and PCR COVID Test Suppliers

Poster: A snowHead
Rookiescot wrote:
Now 48hrs prior to departure… phew!

For France. (Different countries have different requirements and it can be really confusing when statements like this are made without stating which country it applies to.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah yes … sorry… too France-centric here, I have edited to clarify.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has anybody found a C19testing discount code ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@midgetbiker Great, thanks for your reply. That's one less thing to worry about!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wondering if there are any more updates and experiences from those who have travelled this weekend?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
C19 2 day test on return took 15 minutes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@caughtanedge, that links to a different test which says at the top it’s not a day 2 test. I went through the gov.uk links & several of the “from £5” ones turned out to start at £15 so I kept going down the list until the Chemist Live link which turned out to be exactly £5 including delivery.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gordyjh, Yes but this thread is about Fit to Fly tests, not Day 2 return tests, which aren't needed from Feb 11?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@caughtanedge, my mistake - I don’t even know what a Fit to Fly test is as I didn’t need one to get to Austria! #confused.com Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chocksaway, Thanks, good to know.

I think there will be more interest in Fit to Fly (i.e. pre-departure) tests this week though, given half-term coming up and day 2 return tests being phased out on Friday. The problem is of course that those who have taken a fit to fly this weekend will be more focussed on enjoying their skiing than updating all of us!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@zikomo, thanks, we all have to contribute to make these threads work. You have to give to take. It will be interesting how the testing companies cope on Thu and Fri as the mass hordes go for their family holidays both on the snow and in the sun. I'd be timing it as early as poss. Doesn't help that some countries are timing from planned departure, others arrival.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@chocksaway, Hope you don't think I did not appreciate your post on day 2 tests. I did! It may well be useful to those coming back this week.

I many of us who are flying next weekend will be a bit nervous about how the testing suppliers stand up to the half-term rush. And agree it is a PITA with differing requirements. We have an evening flight to Milan on Friday arriving 11PM. Italy requires LFD within 24 hours of arrival, so the only option will be to test all the kids early Friday morning and hope it works as quickly as in the past. I am using Randox which seems to work well to date.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry if this has been asked already. Do kids age 6 need a LFT to travel (on Eurotunnel if that makes any difference) and do they need a negative test for ski lessons.
I m just about to order our LFT test at home tests so want to buy enough.
Shame Excalibur changed their market as they were really good when I went in January
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tommyw, I believe under 12s are exempt from testing for entry to France, but you do still have to complete a sworn statement.

You can check entry requirements for all foreign countries at gov.uk

I believe under 12s are also exempt from passe sanitaire/vaccinal requirements inc testing to participate in activities in France, but you might be wise to check with the ski school you are using.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I used Express Test for my Fit To Fly PCR for Canada. Cost was £59 I think.

Don't live terribly far from Birmingham, so went with their Drive Through option which is off-site and had results back within about 16 hours, about 10 hours before the "10pm next day" they say they'll get it back by.

Would use again.
ski holidays
I flew out of Luton and into Geneva on 03rd Feb we were travelling to Chatel in France. I used Randox for pre departure and it worked very easily, via the app. No one at Geneva was interested in the result and there were no checks at the French border.
ski holidays
@Tommyw, this link is very useful. I've not linked to the pdf directly as the link is date dependent and it tends to get updated every day or so:

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/entry-requirements/
snow report
Hi. With the removal of the day 2 test shortly…

Has anyone heard any whispering of France removing the need for the 24 pre-departure test?

I haven’t yet, but I can’t say I’ve looked particularly hard.

My next trip is in March, 8 of us travelling so £160 or so of additional cost which would be better spent giving back to the local resort community than to the testing providers.
snow report
I used a Randox home PCR test for a Fit to Fly certificate for £43 for Canada, took about 4 days to arrive.

Tested yesterday afternoon and dropped off at local collection point at 4pm. Results back at 6am this morning with certificate via email. Very happy.
snow report
@skanky, thanks, this is very useful. It is one of the best (i.e. most accurate) breakdowns of requirements for Italy in particular.

As I have said many airlines state on their websites that the last vaccine much have been at least 14 days ago. This is not the case, you are considered fully vaccinated IMMEDIATELY after the last dose which must have been less than 6 months ago.

This link also correctly states that either way, children under 18 are NOT required to be vaccinated to travel to Italy so long as their parent that they are travelling with is fully vaccinated. This is the ultimate get out of jail card for anyone who is questions about a child whose second dose was less than 14 days ago.

I checked my son's status on VerificaC19 the day after his second dose and it verified him for for the Super Green Pass, so a QR code from a second dose is definitely valid immediately after the dose has been given. Anyone worried about this should do the same (I posted instructions on how to do the check here). Just in case you are worried about the spurious 14 day rule, that would give you confidence that you can travel and your child will be able to ski/eat out etc.

I think it very likely that Italy will remove the requirement to test before travel quite soon, there is already some noise about this in Italy. I doubt that will be in time for those of us for whom the half-term break starts this weekend, but more likely for those travelling the following week. Worth keeping an eye on!
ski holidays
I ordered from Chronomics before Christmas:

Fit to fly
Test to Return
Day 2 PCR

And then because of the French ban we bailed at the last minute.

The Fit to fly were used so that's dead. But it seems I can reuse or repurpose the other tests. The test to return I was thinking I could use to do fit to fly for HT trip and the PCR ones I would have like to return. But it seems neither is possible with Chronomics. Can anyone confirm this?
ski holidays
Quick update, we are flying this evening to Milan so did Randox Fit to Fly for us. I had set up profiles for the kids in the app previously.

I did mine very early this morning as was up and got the certificate in 20 mins. Test certificates for the kids came back in about 35 minutes. This is a bit longer than previously where they were coming back in a few minutes.

Had a panic as after scanning and submitting the result, when you went into Certificates on the app it showed "0 pending". Previously it has showed results as pending between submitting and getting the result. Was just about to phone Randox to query this as was worried something had gone wrong when submitting but the certificates came through just then. Just in case this causes panic with anyone else using Randox!

Anyway all negative so Italy here we come!
ski holidays
@zikomo, Nice one, have a good week....
-----

I did a 'day2 return' Randox on Sunday ; result received within a minute -- never got the promised email tho'....!
snow conditions
@albob, thanks!

And yes I have never ever received the fabled email from Randox. They really should stop promising it, clearly the system is unable to send one!
snow conditions
@zikomo, enjoy your trip hoping for the same result tomorrow for our Milan flight Sunday.

Has anyone had any testing and results from Chronomics during the weekend, is there a reduced level of service or last timd for testing? We are hoping for an 18.00 UK test for 15.00 Italian arrival giving us a couple of hours to get off the plane or flight delay.
ski holidays
@Uncle Rico, Chronomics results are almost immediate, with the cert available from your account within about 15 mins.
snow report
@Chuckles3, cheers fingers crossed for the right results
snow conditions
@Uncle Rico, I’m just glad I’m not off again for three more weeks. 9 days since testing positive here & still getting positive LFT results rolling eyes

Have a great trip! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chuckles3, hope that you're in the clear soon
snow conditions
@Uncle Rico, Thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
Fit to fly antigens…

Eurofins - tests received in a couple of days ( we repurposed unused day2 tests)
- results back in portal within 1hr
C19 - tests received next day
- results back within 3hrs from upload
Done yesterday evening around 7pm.
ski holidays
Just done the C19 antigens.

Ordered last Sunday. Arrived Monday morning.
Did tests at about 7pm this evening, got results before 8:30pm.

Printed off certificates.

Note: while this is probably irrelevant now, in case they do come back in, the Finentry system didn't recognise the QR code, so we couldn't scan them in. They should accept the certificate manually though and the Trip entry was happy to know we have them.
latest report
Couldn’t find the other thread on this so may be wrong place to ask, but - finally going to instigate a chargeback on my CC, as Chronomics have been completely unresponsive to my request to cancel (bought 4x fit to return /day 2 pcr kits before Xmas, and then cancelled two hours later after my daughter tested +ve - Chronomics ignored and sent out the kits regardless).

What s the legal jargon I cite for their failure to acknowledge/ allow a cancellation? And do I need to accept some cost for their admin / mailing the kits ? Or just request the whole amount to be in dispute?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy