Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 17-24/2/07

Poster: A snowHead
Who else is going there for the (second) half-term week?
We will be staying at les Cimes Blanches with some non- snowHead friends
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be there on the 17th... going Sunday-Sunday for the first half-term week
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

going Sunday-Sunday for the first half-term week

Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, I thin that he means that he will be skiing 17/2/07 he leaves on the Sunday.

TallTone, I also hope to be skiing 17/2/07 as I intend to go by Eurostar. Meet up - l'Ancolie in the evening?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick L, no no no Very Happy I thought 11/12th was the first week of the 2 week half term spread in the UK
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, yes yes yes. I think that TallTone understood me perfectly and that the skiing in his holiday is 12-17/2/07 inclusive.
Because I should have 8 days, my skiing days are 17-24/2/07 inclusive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick L, I think I understand now wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, so are you going there again (I read your reports in Resorts section)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick L, We tried to book for Easter with Ski Olympic, but due to delays by our group we had to let the chalet go back on the market. We are now off to Reberty 2000 with Silver Ski 1st April (we do like SO and SS).

Kids are desperate to go back to La Ros, and if the snow is any good we may well try for 17th Dec with a late ish booking. Our half term is w/c 12 which is the more expensive of the 2 weeks and I dont think we can justify both. What age groups are you with? Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Children ages 18 to 6 I think, adults a bit older wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick L, you'll have to forgive Frosty the Snowman, he's a bit slow at times wink

I've not been to La Rosiere before but I expect I should know where you mean by the time you get there Smile

Do you still have my mobile number from the EoSB list? PM me if not
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TallTone, I was not at EOSB... though hopefully next year...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick L, d'oh, of course not... too many Nicks... bit like the England cricket team (of old) Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Our half term is w/c 12 which is the more expensive of the 2 weeks and I dont think we can justify both.

Well thanks to Easyjet flight of £52 pp and a family room and 5% Snowheads discount from Tracks Vacations we have managed to afford another holiday. All booked up 11th-18th Feb. So looks like we could have a SnowHeads mini meet on Saturday 17th. Kids are over the moon at going back to their fave place, can't say that me and the boss are that upset about it either. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, I'll be in Montsomewhere that week (17/24) pencil me in for a meet, can always drive over to La Roswhere 'cos have never been there, so a good excuse!
snow report
boredsurfin, Excellent Very Happy snowHead , We can meet at the very bottom Ecudets lift ( 5 mins from BSM) and play at keeping up with the Frostlets. Shall PM you my mobile in due course. Best not get my hopes up too high as you will probably be babysitting for your neighbour wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, uh-oh, you'd better take your spare stomach with you - Emma's meals are fab Toofy Grin
snow report
samharris, I suspect I shall manage with the one I have got Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked Laughing
latest report
samharris, it's large enough to take on allcomers. And if, by some incredible chance, it does reach capacity, there's always room in the 'tache to store things for later Shocked
snow conditions
TallTone,
Quote:
there's always room in the 'tache to store things for later

OMG Shocked Messy Laughing
snow report
samharris, Only if I have a bad cold or hayfever.

TallTone, BTW if you couuld manage the 4th valley, you can do Italy no trouble
latest report
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

Best not get my hopes up too high as you will probably be babysitting for your neighbour

B***ger forgot that Toofy Grin
Maybe Mouth will bring her new skier over to see you Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, sorry to be a bit slow to reply to your PM but looks like Sat 17th could be a meet-up with TallTone, the Frostlets and us. Ecudets lift sounds good since we're staying at Les Cimes Blanches - the only thing I have not sorted is a hire shop (for whichever of the younger L's are coming with their parents). Will that require a trip into the main village?
snow report
Nick L, Yes, but it's only 1 mile away and there is a regular navette, we recommend Twinner but there's Arpin's, Intersport, Evo2, Colette sport and a couple of others, so loads of choice. You can book and reserve online with Twinner, there's a link from our website, which may be advisable at 1/2 term.
ski holidays
Nick L, Dont leave the ski hire till the last minute. I would do it as the season opens. We did it online with Twinners and they were even sending us a smart card for the hire in advance, very efficient. Theski bus stops right opposite Twinners. The Ecudets was for Boredsurfin as he would be coming up the valley. Us lot already there could meet anywhere.
ski holidays
OK if we are around count me in for sure Razz Razz Razz
ski holidays
Mouth Top news. Apart from the nightmare on the roads it will be lovely and quiet on the slopes on the Saturday
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Looks like I'm not babysiting see you there Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Looks like I'm not babysiting see you there Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who said you weren't?!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Guess who else isn't either Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, have now received my Eurostar tickets, so will definitely be arriving on the Saturday morning. Gosh, it's only 7 1/2 months away wink
Are we sad or what? rolling eyes
latest report
I thought I would resurrect this thread to see if any other snowHead s have made plans to be in la Ros in the mean time.
ski holidays
Nick L, What time does your train arrive?
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, too early Sad (7am I think).
Have booked a taxi up to Cimes Blanches. Have checked that there is a baggage room there to leave stuff. Had arranged my sons' rental skis at le Grange a Skis which was the nearest to les Cimes but have since found out that Grange have opened up a second shop in les Cimes itself so have e-mailed them yesterday and hopefully won't have to trail into the village and back again with two pairs of skis and boots. Ski passes are supposed to be in the post...

So with a bit of luck we should be available to ski as the lifts open Very Happy
ski holidays
Nick L, Saturday is the most wonderful day on the slopes, eerily quite. Certainly worth the bleery eyes. I have to warn you that We shall be rested and full of breakfast Very Happy but on our last day Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, yes, an early stop for some refuelling may be required.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, that's 'cos most punters are Saturday-Saturday. We will be up for it too!
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, the lift passes arrived this morning Very Happy
ski holidays
Nick L, I did mine online last night but forgot to bring in the kids passports this morning for the family pass. I got 3v passes online last year and there system was much better. Am I rIght in thinking I follow up my booking and payment with a letter? rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy