Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying to Munich and Transiting to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, Has anybody on here successfully managed to fly to Munich and then driven down to Austria in a rental car (same day) in the last few days?
If so, how did you handle the airline check-in process. The German rules say that transit is allowed and if you are doing this, then you are exempt from completing the German Digital Registration form. However the airlines (BA and LH) want you to complete the German Digital Registration before allowing you to check in. This requires a German address, which obviously we don't have, as our address will be in Austria.
There is a box to tick in which you can say you are exempt from completing the Digital Registration and you can write that you are transiting in less than 24 hours, but my friend who has done this, had it rejected by Lufthansa.
We are all fully vaccinated with booster.
Appreciate any first-hand experience any recent travelers can provide. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@StuartL, This question has been asked many times recently. As far as the form goes simply put in the address of Munich airport - Nordallee 25, 85356 München-Flughafen, (the key part is a valid German postcode, any address will do). Note uploading your vaccine certificate happens after you have filled in the form, you get an additional validation code. Form https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ . All you need for entry to Germany is 2 shots no test required. No need to try to convince the airline you dont need the form.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@StuartL,

I filled in the German Digital Registration as detailed by @munich_irish, (thank you for all your input - invaluable) today for myself and another traveller. Uploaded both. I have the confirmation documents to prove I have registered. I have uploaded these to Lufthansa and had confirmation that I am compliant with their requirements and able to fly. I used the address given above. We are travelling to Austria from Munich by train. Do the German digital registration first, then the Lufthansa document check.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munich_irish, Thanks for you answer. I saw this suggestion earlier, but was concerned it seemed like bit of a “dodge” that might get us in trouble.
Have you or has somebody else tried this in practice recently, and verified it works?
Thanks again.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@StuartL, See above
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@StuartL, Others have done this (I havent as I live here so have a German address Very Happy ) without an issue. You are not trying to dodge anything, you fulfil all the requirements for quarantine free entry into Germany (2 shots no test required). The issue is not the German government, as you are only transiting they dont require the form, but airline bureaucracy which says "travel to Germany, complete the arrival form". If you turn up at the check in desk I am sure if you make enough fuss and show you are travelling on to Austria they will let you on the plane but travel is painful enough at the moment without having avoidable grief.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish, Thank you very much.
Certainly we have lost hours trying to figure this out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy