Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any French travel review dates coming up?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if the French are expecting to review travel restrictions before half term? Hopefully reducing the requirement to test before entry?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Their infections have hit 400,000 per day, so I very much doubt any good news will be forthcoming for a while...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm really hoping they don't remove the test before entry. It's such a cheap and simple thing to do, which reduces the likelihood of infectious individuals in airports, planes, buses, etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sugarmoma666, My thoughts too --- I will feel far more secure knowing everybody on the flight has tested -ve
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is a fair point! I would be the same!

When travelling in my own family bubble in the car via eurotunnel it is something we don’t need to worry about! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The problem is are people just spoofing the pre-departure test, in essence its just theatre.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chocksaway, Agreed. If you don't trust a triple vaccination ahead of an easily fudged test, you've got wonder whether travel is the right thing for you right now.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
The problem is are people just spoofing the pre-departure test, in essence its just theatre.

Some are, but many aren't.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowhound, Yip, travelling out was not a problem for me, I used the Altibus, so I was probably the only one who had done a pre departure test, as I only heard English spoken by 2 Latvians. Going home, I will have to test and have a few days on my own before mixing with the Chocks Seniors.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowhound wrote:
@chocksaway, Agreed. If you don't trust a triple vaccination ahead of an easily fudged test, you've got wonder whether travel is the right thing for you right now.

What a strange hyperbola. No-one in this thread has made any judgement about triple vaccination vs testing for travel. As pre travel testing is relatively cheap and easy to implement and has benefit, I'm assuming suggesting I'd prefer it stays.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sugarmoma666, My point was that if you are triple vaccinated, anything else on top of that is protective theatre and given how easy it is to evade, not something which people should need to 'feel safe'.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’m triple vaxed and currently have Covid, trust me you don’t want to feel like I have when you are on a ski holiday. I agree with those who think a test before travel is a good idea to limit the chance of catching Covid
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@blacksheep, But it doesn't because the tests can be so easily faked! If you want/need a test to 'feel safe' then you should be insisting on laboratory PCRs, not LFTs which can be run under the tap.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you are travelling To France from the UK you are going from an infection rate of around 85,000 a day in the UK to a rate of over 400,000 infections a day in France.
Following recent logic the UK should be banning arrivals from France Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ford wrote:
If you are travelling To France from the UK you are going from an infection rate of around 85,000 a day in the UK to a rate of over 400,000 infections a day in France.
Following recent logic the UK should be banning arrivals from France Shocked Shocked

I did think this. We'll have more chance catching covid in France than we would bringing it in from the UK. Hence, why the need to continue the practice of a pre-flight LFT?? Especially for fully vaccinated travellers??
ski holidays
@snowhound, don't LFTs have a mechanism to check it's actually being used with a sample?
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@snowhound, don't LFTs have a mechanism to check it's actually being used with a sample?

Still doesn't stop the user just quickly popping the swab up their nose for a fraction of a second (if at all) and then doing the usual with the solution provided.

I recently travelled to Dubai and our plane was "randomly" selected for an arrival PCR testing at the airport. The nurse/test operative literally did the above and our results were back within 3 hours of landing. The pre-flight PRC test was a thorough exam, with nose and throat swopped for some time! I suppose what I'm getting at is that even a administered PCR test will only be as conclusive as the quality of the administer.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 24-01-22 12:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:

Nope. There are zero checks. I have used a couple of LFT and PCR services. One LFT website issued me with the negative certificate in 1 second. Photo of test uploaded and there it was, my travel certificate. Another service at least took around 30 mins and the certificate stated the result was checked by Mr XXXXX.

Either way, both could be faked if you were inclined to do so.
snow report
I'm hoping the French remove entry tests for fully vaccinated very soon as Austria, Switzerland and shortly the UK.

I'm not concerned about travel at all if you're concerned question if you should be going.

UK may report c100k cases a day but I'm sure it's far higher.

Tests for travel are a pointless exercise at this stage and just lining pockets of those cashing in.
latest report
In my experience the LFTs are a bit rubbish at detecting omicron. I've seen them only showing +ve on the third day of symptoms -- you could be sat next to someone on a flight who is certified 'fit to fly' but is clearly ill (with Covid).
snow report
@under a new name, It would appear not. A friend did a trial, just squeeze the fluid into the receptacle, negative result in 15 mins.

As folks have said, if logic was involved politicians Brits should be testing on return from France given relative case rates.

The plane is the last place to worry about in a ski holiday in terms of risk assessment, I would say crowded bars, transfer buses, low ceiling restaurants, long gondolas with Windows shut, shops, airport terminals, plane. Happy to move ant item one ir two places either way.
snow report
snowhound wrote:
@blacksheep, But it doesn't because the tests can be so easily faked! If you want/need a test to 'feel safe' then you should be insisting on laboratory PCRs, not LFTs which can be run under the tap.

I know they can be faked, I did think they had to detect something produced by the human body when healthy to show the control line but seemingly not. I guess you're right, people would look for a way to travel even if they had covid although I'm sure some have tested positive and not done so as a result.
snow report
@Ford, The cases metric really isn't relevant anymore and suspect real cases in UK are significantly higher than c100k a day.

Border controls make zero sense now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy