Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving To Ireland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Granted this should possibly be in “off topic”, but the reason for posting here is i imagine the rules will be similar to many skiers driving into France.

Next weekend I am making a delivery for work to Ireland. The vehicle will have the company graphics on, and I will be taking over electrical equipment for an upcoming job in a few weeks time.

1) What do I need to clear customs regarding the stock in the van?
2) Do I need any documents relating to the vehicle?

Also is there anything else I should be thinking of before setting off? I am triple jabbed so all good on the covid front, I just need to submit a passenger locator form 72hrs prior to arriving in Dublin.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ricklovesthepowder, you will need to fill in various customs paperwork and almost certainly have to pay Irish VAT on the items you are importing. You would be best employing a customs agent to handle all this. In all probability you would be better paying for the items to be shipped rather than doing it yourself. If you are taking tools etc you will need a carnet for them, again you really need to employ a customs agent to do this. If it is electrical equipment you will need to ensure that the equipment conforms to EU regulations. Do not simply turn up at the port in Dublin and hope for the best!

I dont believe there are any issues with driving a UK registered vehicle, even a commercial one, in Ireland. There has been a recent change that any sort of UK commercial vehicle, which I believe is any vehicle over 3.5t mvw but might be wrong, requires an "operator's licence" when driving in the EU (the sort of thing transport companies have). Not sure if this includes Ireland simply because of the issues with Northern Ireland.

Covid minor issue!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@munich_irish, thank you. We will have all the commercial invoices filled in which state who is buying the stock, who is paying the VAT etc. shipping the goods wouldn’t work, the transit time can take weeks and we don’t have the luxury of sending it and their being an issue.

Thanks for clearing up the van aspect. It will be a transit van so MGW 3.5t so hopefully we will be ok on that front.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm. Further googling has resulted in a PBN being required. Not really sure who needs to fill this in rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ricklovesthepowder, its not just the commercial invoices, there is now a mound of paperwork that has to be completed (part of the reason shipping takes so long). I would really suggest you contact a customs agent otherwise you (personally) could end up with a big bill. Normally you need an entity in the country you are exporting to who takes legal responsibility for paying any customs charges due. This usually requires having an account with the customs of the country in question, a VAT registered business could easily do so. I would check the van thing as I might have got the detail wrong.

You should also carry a CMR form with you, this has to be filled out by the company from whom you receive the goods. It can be used as evidence that you are legally in possesion of the goods if you get stopped by the police.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’m going to call the ferry company and Dublin customs first thing in the morning. Thanks for your help
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish, bit of an update, we used a customs agent. What an absolute mess and gaff that turned out to be! There was me thinking you could just book the ferry and turn up. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ricklovesthepowder, not any more!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy