Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VeriFly problems

Poster: A snowHead
Trying to check in for a BA flight tomorrow to Switzerland but VeriFly won't allow it. The App hasn't been updated to reflect the Swiss Govt rule change dropping the requirement for a pre arrival Covid test.
Anyone else had this problem?
Hopefully check-in staff will have been informed of the change.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Verifly is better than it was when it first came out but is still pretty useless IME
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DCG, I just checked in for my flight to geneva without using verifly... I just clicked through/ignored the request for verifly and was able to check in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Arno, that. Wouldn't work for us at all.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Minion1980, Was that a BA flight?
When I try online check-in it says
Covid documents required. Add documents or check your verification with VeriFLY Check in unavailable

There is no way to proceed by ignoring VeriFly.
Maybe this is because I had signed up for the App
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@DCG, yes BA, I just scrolled down and pressed what ever I needed to press to ignore that message, I didn't supply any covid test details or anything, all checked in... This is on the website not the BA App
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
Verifly is better than it was when it first came out but is still pretty useless IME

From this experience, i would say worse than useless - it's actually detrimental
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Minion1980, Had you signed up for the VeriFly App?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DCG, I downloaded it but I haven't entered any flight details onto it, after reading all the reviews I decided I wouldn't bother and just try my luck online and if that didn't work check in at the airport.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name,
Strange. I checked in on the BA app last week and it didn’t ask for any Covid details.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name,
Worked for me last week. Strange
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had the same issue with Verifly but my friend was able to check in without going through this.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Having same problem. Verifly IS crap, wouldn't even take the selfie as camera locked in normal mode on their app. Tried to book in on BA website but kept going round in circles as couldn't proceed without uploading test documents - not needed now for Geneva - and all the site did was push Verifly at me.

Wish I'd booked Swissair!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yikes! We used the Verifly app for our trip last week, and it all went really smoothly. In fact, our group commented how nice it was not to need to check documents at the airport (unlike two in the group that were travelling with easyjet). I guess we must have got lucky.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DCG wrote:
Trying to check in for a BA flight tomorrow to Switzerland but VeriFly won't allow it. The App hasn't been updated to reflect the Swiss Govt rule change dropping the requirement for a pre arrival Covid test.
Anyone else had this problem?
Hopefully check-in staff will have been informed of the change.

Don't you need to do a pre-departure test from the UK anyway?
ski holidays
OK have run into the same problem. BA wont let me check in unless I complete VeriFly, which wont happen until I take my Covid Test, which I wont be doing until 10pm tonight. Also makes getting the Swiss form hard since they are asking for a Seat Number
ski holidays
FrediKanoute wrote:
OK have run into the same problem. BA wont let me check in unless I complete VeriFly, which wont happen until I take my Covid Test, which I wont be doing until 10pm tonight. Also makes getting the Swiss form hard since they are asking for a Seat Number

Really? I checked in on the Friday morning before my Saturday flight, but didn't take my covid test until the evening without any issues at all. I assume you've downloaded verifly, added your trip in, and updated the parts that you can do (i.e. vaccination status)
snow report
Sure have. Wont let me proceed to check in until Verifly is complete
ski holidays
FrediKanoute wrote:
Sure have. Wont let me proceed to check in until Verifly is complete

That is bizarre - I guess our group got lucky. Good luck, hope it sorts itself out.
snow report
How comfortable is everyone here with the amount of personal data they are uploading to a 3rd party, which is based in USA (so not subject to GDPR), with all your photos and information sent to India for someone to approve +/- screenshot? And why don't IAG have their own app? Hardly so they won't be responsible for data breach when that occurs.
snow conditions
Seemed to have all sorted themselves out. Checking early this morning!
latest report
@FrediKanoute, excellent news!!
snow report
peanuthead wrote:
How comfortable is everyone here with the amount of personal data they are uploading to a 3rd party, which is based in USA (so not subject to GDPR), with all your photos and information sent to India for someone to approve +/- screenshot? And why don't IAG have their own app? Hardly so they won't be responsible for data breach when that occurs.

Very good point. I expect it was all about money and therefore they used an existing app.
They did not choose wisely - I've just read the reviews on Trustpilot Shocked
snow conditions
Thanks for all the replies. Sorry not to have responded earlier but have been out in the snow.
One final twist to add insult to injury:
When I arrived at T5 early on Saturday morning there was an almighty queue for check in even exec club line. BUT there was a Verifly priority lane. Grrrrr
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy