Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dublin airport connecting flight- time needed?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a flight booked this Friday via Dublin with a very short (50mins) time between flights. It's two separate flights so assuming I'll have to go through security again in Dublin?
I'm traveling very light so no bags and I can use verifly for Aer Lingus.

Anyone with any recent experience of using Dublin?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's not a big airport so think you should be fine. The only issue is there can be queues at security, if you cannot connect directly. If that's the case, it's worth getting the fast track option.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is tight.

Here is Dublin Airport Info: https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/connections/connection-guide
https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/connections/self-connecting-passengers

It may be worthwhile ringing the Airport and asking them. You need to find out the Minimum Connection Time for Dublin Airport for the type of connections you are making.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 5-02-22 13:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alasdair.graham, You will probably be fine. Depends a bit where you are coming from/going to. Will be tight if transferring to a US flight.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are both flights Aer Lingus? Not having to change terminals will help. You can also buy fast track to go through security a little quicker. No reason why Friday should be overly busy.

As Zikomo says though, if you’re transferring to a US flight you may be in bother due to the immigration pre-clearance.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks so much for the responses. Coming in on a Ryanair and out on Lingus to Munich, I'll buy the fast track for security and hope for the best!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check that the Lingus to Munich flight dies not use Terminal 2, I am fairly sure RY use T1 only, if you need to go from t2 to 1, its no big deal , but just something to be aware of

Possibly 20 mins to get thru security:
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058224661/dublin-airport-mayhem/p5
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As a regular Dublin Airport user I wouldn’t count on making your connection in 50 minutes.

At Dublin Aer Lingus typically uses Terminal 2. Ryanair uses Terminal 1. If you have a connecting flight you shouldn’t need to exit Terminal 1, just follow signs for Terminal 2 Flight Connections, but the transit walk can still take time, up to 15 minutes depending on which gate you land in at. If you do need to go through Security expect lengthy queues at peak times.

Ryanair flights tend to land in a slightly more timely fashion than Aer Lingus (they don’t like to pay gate delay fees!). Aer Lingus tends to board flights early, and close gates prior to departure time.

Hope this helps and hope you make your connection, but my advice is to change one of your flights to give yourself an easier and more secure connection.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@5RED,
Thanks for that, really useful info. Ryanair usually do seem to land a bit earlier than the stated time. My two flights were less than £20 total and staying with friends out there so I think I'll just roll the dice. There is a later flight I could book if it becomes obvious I'm missing the second leg.
I will report back.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@alasdair.graham, Choose your seat wisely. When you are in a hurry, there can be a lot of ar$ing about by other passengers on disembarkation.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alasdair.graham wrote:
@5RED,
Thanks for that, really useful info. Ryanair usually do seem to land a bit earlier than the stated time. My two flights were less than £20 total and staying with friends out there so I think I'll just roll the dice. There is a later flight I could book if it becomes obvious I'm missing the second leg.
I will report back.

Best of luck. Hope you have good travels and great skiing!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@alasdair.graham, I've done a few (no hold luggage) Ryanair transits in Dublin. Typically Brest->Dublin, then Dublin->Bristol, although last time we did it was a few years ago.

There was no airside transfer from one arriving Ryanair to the second departing Ryanair. We had to exit through arrival/immigration, and then go back in again through departures and security.

As a safeguard against delays we bought the late night DUB->BRS and a backup early next morning DUB->BRS. IIRC Both flights were only £4.99, and we figured if it all went pear shaped there were worse places to be stuck overnight than Dublin Very Happy. As it turns out we did make the evening flight, but I don't think we would have done if the connection was only 50 minutes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I made it, as advised it was very tight, good mile or so through from T1 to T2 and I had to go through security in Dublin again. AerLingus flight gate closed about 15 mins before departure and Ryanair flight was a little early, prob 10 mins to spare in the end.

One thing to note for anyone else in a similar situation is that the 'flight connections' route through Dublin is closed- I followed the signs so far then they were covered up, not well signposted.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alasdair.graham wrote:
I made it, as advised it was very tight, good mile or so through from T1 to T2 and I had to go through security in Dublin again. AerLingus flight gate closed about 15 mins before departure and Ryanair flight was a little early, prob 10 mins to spare in the end.

One thing to note for anyone else in a similar situation is that the 'flight connections' route through Dublin is closed- I followed the signs so far then they were covered up, not well signposted.

Well done.

I hate a very tight connection - stress/sweat/adrenalin.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well done, glad you made it Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy