Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sworn Statement for France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
LaForet wrote:
1) Yes a PCR@72h validity, or a LFT@24h validity

That's not my understanding of the PCR validity for entry into France. According to the French rules I quoted above, it seems that a test of either sort has to be within 24 of departure. The Foreign Office agrees - it says at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements "Present a negative PCR or antigen test result taken within 24 hours pre-departure if aged 12 years and over". Another French government site also agrees - it says at https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements "Tous les voyageurs, vaccinés ou non, doivent présenter au départ un test négatif (PCR ou test antigénique) de moins de 24h".
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK - I stand corrected and have changed the original post. I was getting confused with Switzerland pre the current rules.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks to you Yak and to you LaForet.
I was quite concerned about this, but now I think I have a plan.

I've ordered two Lateral Flow tests, and will take them with me to Dover. They arrive tomorrow from officialrapidtests.com
I will do the first test on Saturday evening, when I stop near Cambridge. I'll get an email result for sailing on Sunday. I'll keep the other one as a backup.
I am not going to book the ferry until I get to Dover.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are just back from France. Flew in and out of Grenoble. Nobody was asked for a sworn statement on our flight!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just entered France through euro tunnel, wasn’t asked by the border official for them he asked for vaccine proof and let us through.

Interestingly as usual for some reason our phones wouldn’t load and I showed him a mish mash of screen shots for everyone and he wasn’t too bothered, could of all
Been photoshopped he didn’t scan it, If they are going to make these rules at least enforce them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SkiPresto, you probably already know this, but in the past few days (as mentioned on several threads here) the French rules have changed again. The UK is now a standard French orange/amber country, rather than being in a special category if its own, so now the test before boarding your ferry at Dover - whatever sort of test you use - only needs to be done 48h before departure (not 24h as previously).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cov_lad wrote:
Just entered France through euro tunnel, wasn’t asked by the border official for them he asked for vaccine proof and let us through.

Interestingly as usual for some reason our phones wouldn’t load and I showed him a mish mash of screen shots for everyone and he wasn’t too bothered, could of all
Been photoshopped he didn’t scan it, If they are going to make these rules at least enforce them.

Did you not upload your required documents via the eurotunnel website prior to travel?
It’s easy to do and removes any last minute chance of hassle
The french passport check we enjoyed due to his singing as he stamped passports!
No checking of screens by him but he did ask if we were vaccinated !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For those that have used eurotunnel, when have you uploaded the sworn statement, the day before? And have you used the same print out dated the day before to show at the border on the day of travel.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're crossing on 18/2, our statements are dated 18/2 even though we signed and uploaded them yesterday. They were accepted by the system.
Bit of a faff because the word doc is 2 pages...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@caughtanedge, Didn't realise you can do them this early we cross similar time. Though I just deleted a few lines on the page to get onto a single page of A4 no need for it to be 2 pages.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Uploaded night before travel ie within 24 hrs of arrival time
The dec of honour cannot be uploaded early we found as eurotunnel website will not allow also negative test result lft has to be timed within that 24 hr window anyway
Despite doing everything as specified I still wonder if anyone actually looked at the paperwork!! Maybe a bot?
Border guard not interested too busy preparing for auction for the voice!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am traveling at the ned of next week with 3 fully vaccinated people and 1 under 12 does the under 12 year old still fill in the fully vaccinated sworn statement?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bigsurfer, yes. The current sworn statement for orange countries (which includes the UK) says "The measures applied to vaccinated adults are extended under the same conditions to their accompanying minors, whether vaccinated or not", so you have to fill the same one in for your under 12 too. The British Embassy in Paris has also said this is the case - see the graphic at https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=308295577993576&set=a.293020536187747 (if you can't access that, you can see an older one at https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/covid-19-and-your-holiday-in-morzine-les-gets-or-avoriaz-this-winter/ but note that - although it doesn't affect the under-12 situation, the graphic reproduced there is out of date as regards timeframe for testing before departure for 12y+ and as regards pass sanitaire for 16y+).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@James77, Ah ok - I read on another thread someone tried that and it failed. But there may have been some other reason.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy