Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets easy/gentle pistes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice for a nervous intermediate who hates drop offs and anything steep! Any information gratefully received re the easiest, gentlest blues to be able to get around les gets itself and also to go from Les Gets to Morzine and back.
Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been there!
There are some nice blues and easy reds in the Ranfolly/Rosta bowl, which you can access from the main Chavannes lift out of Les Gets or from Les Perrieres lift, and you can then lap those slopes as you choose (honestly the reds are very similar to the blues but less tracked if you want to build some confidence, and you'll be able to see the bottom of the piste from the top, so you'll know that the red isn't too long). The pistes all merge in the middle to take the lifts out of the bowl. The long blue Gentiane piste will take you into Les Gets or you can change over to Bruyeres, which has a really flat part in the middle, which can be a pain, and an awkward little bit at the Folliets de Golf chair lift.
That Foillets de Golf lift takes you over to Morzine, where there may be a little pole-ing at the start, but you can take an easy route to the top of the Pleney gondola that accesses Morzine. But once you're at the top of the Foillets de Golf chair, it opens up the Morzine and Nyon sectors.
The easiest way to ski to Morzine is to take Piste B, which is nice and long with a couple of tricky bits, but wide enough to compensate. It is low lying so be prepared for snow cannon snow and some grassy bits.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, that’s really helpful. When returning from Morzine, what’s the easiest route back? Back up the Pleney lift and down Crocus maybe? Sorry to be a pain!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good info from @Rois1980, but a word of warning about a couple of the runs

Gentiane, when you get below the mid station (by the cafes) has a horrible section that is sheet ice all season. You can avoid this by going onto the red, Orchis, then immediately turning right. The next section is quite steep and gets mogully in the afternoon. The very final run down to the front de neige is wide, but very steep. The easy route is to the far left. My wife never does this section, so might want to avoid the bit below the mid section.

In the bowl there are some lovely blues, but watch out for Tulip. That has always been labelled a red and has a very steep and very icy top section. They regraded it to a blue when they installed a new lift. I personally love that run, but my wife would divorce me if I took her on it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@VWHITE1, Welcome to SH.
Unless you go out of your way, you'll struggle to find anything steep between Morzine and Les Gets other than the Taxi fare.
Crocus and Bruyere through the little arch is pretty flat most of the way, and Folliets the other direction.
Any snowboarders or better skiers that don't like pole-ing / skating / walking should avoid Folliets like hell, and go via Charniaz & Troncs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
probably best and easiest to tell what to avoid as most reds and blue are ok.

Stay away from the area around the Black Myrtilles & Yeti run, the blues are nice. I'd also stay away from the Chamossiere runs too as they're pretty steep for a nervous skier

All other should be ok
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy