Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK > Geneva > France - Entry Requirements

Poster: A snowHead
Richie_S wrote:
@Roscoe, No he did not. Sounds like nothing was particularly checked enroute into France, just on entry to switzerland. FWIW, he took the Easybus transfer service from GVA to Chamonix. French Gov website here https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from4a

Says : "The rules that apply from Friday January 14, 2022 for travel between the UK and France are as follows

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.
For vaccinated travelers, there is no longer any obligation to justify a compelling reason for coming to France, nor any obligation to respect a period of isolation upon arrival on national territory. As such, the need to register, prior to travel, on the "passenger eOS" digital platform has been lifted. Arrival screenings may be conducted at the places of arrival. If the result is positive, the traveler will be placed in isolation."

I am travelling a week Friday, just tried to order a 2 day return test set from C19 - and their website has a statement that they are not currently taking orders for return tests for arrival after the 30th Jan in anticipation of rule change.

Sounds like it could be good news all round then!!! :fingerscorssed:
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the spirit of complete speculation when do folks think the French will follow suit?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
James77 wrote:
In the spirit of complete speculation when do folks think the French will follow suit?

When our PM resigns.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LaForet, Could be any day then! Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arrived in GVA on BA and got bused round to the big arrivals desks by C gates, which were empty apart from us. 5 desks for non-EU working very efficiently, no major wait. The only thing checked in the airport on arrival was passports - not interested in PLF or anything else.

Border into France was deserted, nobody checking anything.

All very easy……
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, Indeed.
I felt incredibly smug, as all the people who pushed past and jostled to get off the plane, and the airside bus first, joined a huge snaking queue, whilst I just calmly went straight to the booth and through.
So far the only benefit of Brexit I've experienced.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad to hear everyone is getting through - It'll be interesting to see if there's any change in the French border with the new Swiss rules tomorrow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
plasmastorm wrote:
Glad to hear everyone is getting through - It'll be interesting to see if there's any change in the French border with the new Swiss rules tomorrow.

Agreed, this will be interesting to keep an eye on! Could go either way really!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I heard this morning the French may follow suit from 2nd february
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mikeelsa wrote:
I heard this morning the French may follow suit from 2nd february

My brother would be pleased as he fly's on the 3rd! Assuming that's the potential restriction lift date and not the announcement date.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plasmastorm wrote:

Will let you know as I'll be crossing it in just over 24hrs...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you want to be 100% thorough for a CH>F transit, then as things stand (21.1.22) you could complete the «Déclaration sur l'honneur for a Green List Country» for entering France from Switzerland (which at present is 'green' status). Of course, the odds of being asked for this seem to be extremely small, but you'd be covered.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
is a PCR test required if going to Geneva but then transiting to France the next day?

We arrive in Geneva late Thursday 10th Feb and staying the night, then travelling on to France the next morning.

Can't work out if a test is required or how we would get it done
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MrPink22 wrote:
is a PCR test required if going to Geneva but then transiting to France the next day?

We arrive in Geneva late Thursday 10th Feb and staying the night, then travelling on to France the next morning.

Can't work out if a test is required or how we would get it done

It seems as though you will not need a PCR or LFT. Just be fully vaccinated (with proof via NHS app or French version) and sign the declaration stating that you will have a test if requested by the French "authorities".

Though if you wanted to be belt and braces regarding it, a cheap (£10-£20) online certified LFT test will cover you.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sweet!
latest report
slightly out of date as travelled out 16/01 and back 20/01, sorry, went to Morzine via GVA.

On the way out we had Vax Certs, Swiss PLF, 24hr (C19) Antigen Self Tests** and French Attestation. All printed plus loaded to Verifly. On Line Check in and no queue at T5. BA only interested in Docs for Switzerland***. We are boostered so no need for French PLF. Small queue at GVA and they checked everything but the attestation and seemed to appreciate paper docs over squinting at phone screens. Transfer with Skiidy, no-one at the border

**One test meets the requirements of both Swiss and French authorities
***Can understand if you are on a package then the T/O may have a duty to check you are documented all the way through

Coming home, completed the UK PLF, loaded with Vax Certs into Verifly and checked in on line. No one at the border and no queue at the BA desk. Bought chocolate, came home, E Gates at T5 and a bus to the Long Stay.

Oh and apologies for cross-threading but we put our boots in our carry-ons

We did take spare C19 self tests with us in case but didnt use
snow report
Hi. I fly out to GVA at 1345 on Friday. Arrive at 1625 and get and Easybus onto Chamonix. Leaving GVA at 1830

I have a pre-departure test to take to get into France.

When should I take it?

24 hours pre departure says UK gove website. French gov website is inconclusive saying “less than 24 hours old”

I am weighing up between 2pm ie 24 hours before I fly to GVA or thursday or 7pm / 8pm Thursday. 24 hours before I should be crossing the border on the bus.

The latter is probably safest… I am testing with C19 but it’s not clear if that is a ‘24 hour’ service and I am concerned my result will be delayed over night and I won’t recipes before I fly.

Anyone had any further experience?
snow report
It is taken 'within' 24 hours of departure (could be 1 hour or 10 or whatever - but less than 24)

Some testers are giving results within minutes ; Excalibur, Randox to name just two ; not sure about C19 (have a look around the forum..)
snow conditions
Right. For anyone doing similar. I successfully made it to Chamonix via Luton and Geneva today.

I took pre departure LFT from C19. My flight was at 1345, and I took the test at 4pm yesterday. The certificate arrived around 9pm.

All very smooth through Luton. Only needed to present NHS vax passport at easjet desk.

Arrival in GVA only needed passport and NHS vax passport. I asked about PLF, she said it was ok and waved me through.

I transferred on an Easybus. No further paperwork, no need at all to present my covid test cert - since we did not stop at the French border.

Since arriving in Cham, have had dinner in restaurant, was not asked for pass Sanitaire. Went to a pub, and had to present my pass Sanitaire QR code.

I used the Tous covid QR code, my friend just presented his NHS pass.
snow report
We arrived yesterday from Manchester through GVA and on to 3V - similar experience to @Richie_S, with LFTs done just in case.

Was asked for PLF and Vax proof at the bag drop at Manchester, then just passport in Geneva - although the PLF is linked to the passport number so probably comes up on the system when the border guard scans it.

We drove through the border to France with no stopping to present anything.

We've not had to present our pass sanitaire/NHS QR codes yet but we ate in the hotel last night.

Me and Mrs plasma realised we both had clear-backed phone cases, so printed an extra copy of the NHS QR code and slipped it in there for quick scanning. We could also export them to Google Wallet to enable us to produce them without the faff of having to sign into the NHS app, if the paper one doesnt work.
ski holidays
Hi does anyone know if we need to complete any forms to land in Geneva and travel to france. We are tested and complete the French declaration but just want to check we are not missing anything.
snow conditions
Swiss passenger Form
Signed sworn statement
LFT for France
latest report
Thank you, its so confusing with the rules keep changing:) fingers crossed tomorrow it will all be worth it!
ski holidays
Coming back you need the UK passenger info form x

I am wondering if France will drop it’s testing for entering the country?
latest report
Omg really? Such a faff!!

I hope so but we got ours today and now for the daily lft testing as we only managed to get teen vaccinated once. Will be worth it im sure x
ski holidays
Busymum wrote:
Coming back you need the UK passenger info form x

I am wondering if France will drop it’s testing for entering the country?

I read a thread on Twitter from travel journo who seemed to be saying EU will drop testing requirements for fully vaxxed from 1 Feb, but not seen it confirmed anywhere.
snow conditions
@andy from embsay, The EU Council has advised EU countries to stop testing requirements for EU citizens who are full vaccinated from 1st Feb. Most EU nations have chosen to do so. This advice ONLY applies to EU citizens, and so far EU nations have only made announcements lifting the requirement for citizens of other EU countries. That is probably what the journalist was referring to.

There is hope that this will be extended to the UK and others, but as far as I can see it is only hope and not substantiated.

It does make a bit of a nonsense of the requirement to test coming form the UK, as that will be a small percentage of the people crossing borders in the EU. That said, we have chosen to leave the EU so we can't really complain if they want to give preferential treatment to their own citizens.
ski holidays
@zikomo, this was Paul Charles (who usually knows his onions) and he was suggesting the same would apply to third countries as well - though not seen it confirmed anywhere. https://twitter.com/ppaulcharles/status/1486992901452271616?s=21
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all thought i would update as it may help others. Gatwick they checked almost everything, vac cert, antigen, Switzerland form .They did not give us a safe to fly piece of paper so we then had to show everything again 2 more times through Gatwick. We then had to show all paperwork minus the French form (no one asked for this at all anywhere) In Geneva.
latest report
Currently in Avoriaz

Flew BA from Heathrow to Geneva yesterday.

Had everything printed and did C19 LFT

Boarding card only to check in

Passport and boarding card shown to get on plane

Passport only at Geneva

Private transfer to Avoriaz, nothing shown to enter France

Out to dinner last night and breakfast this morning, nothing asked for or shown

Bought ski pass from ticket machine, nothing asked for or shown

Skied all day, no mask required in lift queue or on lifts

Makes you wonder why we have to jump through so many hoops
ski holidays
@Willithappen How has the daily testing been? Any tips?
snow conditions
Willit happen wrote:
Hi all thought i would update as it may help others. Gatwick they checked almost everything, vac cert, antigen, Switzerland form .They did not give us a safe to fly piece of paper so we then had to show everything again 2 more times through Gatwick. We then had to show all paperwork minus the French form (no one asked for this at all anywhere) In Geneva.
Soory, probably should have quoted. How has the daily testing been (going to be in a similar position).
ski holidays
We have had to show proof of vaccine going into the bar but have used the NHS one. No masks on ski lifts but are a must in bars and restaurants. The lft is unpleasant for the 13yr old as they stick it very far up the nose but very quick and friendly.
snow conditions
Willit happen wrote:
We have had to show proof of vaccine going into the bar but have used the NHS one. No masks on ski lifts but are a must in bars and restaurants. The lft is unpleasant for the 13yr old as they stick it very far up the nose but very quick and friendly.
Has it been easy to upload the result to the Pass Sanitaire etc?
ski holidays
@Newbie72 it has been fine we have done it twice today to try and get in the routine to get up the mountain early but i have to say im not sure why as my son has not been checked. He does have autism so if challenged i say that but my other 2 kids are not and dont get checked either. The pharmacy are quick and efficient but are not open Sunday's.
snow report
@Newbie72 yes although we have not had to use the french app yet, they accept the NHS qr code. The kids one they sent to our phone, no one has checked yet we are only day 1.
ski holidays
Thank you thats really useful
snow conditions
Travelled to PDS on the weekend flying BA to GVA. Only requirement was to upload Swiss locator form and proof of vaccination info the VeriFly app which BA uses as a automated Pre-departure check. I only had hand luggage and as such there were no checks of paperwork at LHR. There is nowhere to upload French docs using the BA process that relies on VeriFly.

Upon arrival at GVA we we asked to show printed or electronic proof of vaccine but not the Swiss locator form.

My travelling companion was held up for not having paid a historical Swiss speeding ticket (from a rental car which he ignored at the time) that delayed us by about 30 mins. The choice was CH120 or a night in prison!! He chose to pay and were kind enough to waive the interest charges and other penalties.

We had a French private taxi booked and we were not stopped (as anticipated) at the main French border. The driver advised us that he is never stopped. All restaurants on both sides were checking vax passes (NHS in iphone wallet). Never checked to ride the lift. Mask wearing was vouluntary but minimal on chair lifts but mostly worn in gondolas.

We are going again this weekend using BA and looking at the rules I could take the view that I am entering from CH and therefore can ignore the French requirements as it applies only applies to those entering from the U.K. This would only save my £20 by not having to do a LFT. I will probably test as I would hate to have my weekend or that of my mates (who are testing) ruined if for some unlikely reason we were stopped. Let’s hope everyone in this group have paid there speeding tickets. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ozboy wrote:
Travelled to PDS on the weekend flying BA to GVA. Only requirement was to upload Swiss locator form and proof of vaccination info the VeriFly app which BA uses as a automated Pre-departure check. I only had hand luggage and as such there were no checks of paperwork at LHR. There is nowhere to upload French docs using the BA process that relies on VeriFly.

Upon arrival at GVA we we asked to show printed or electronic proof of vaccine but not the Swiss locator form.

My travelling companion was held up for not having paid a historical Swiss speeding ticket (from a rental car which he ignored at the time) that delayed us by about 30 mins. The choice was CH120 or a night in prison!! He chose to pay and were kind enough to waive the interest charges and other penalties.

We had a French private taxi booked and we were not stopped (as anticipated) at the main French border. The driver advised us that he is never stopped. All restaurants on both sides were checking vax passes (NHS in iphone wallet). Never checked to ride the lift. Mask wearing was vouluntary but minimal on chair lifts but mostly worn in gondolas.

We are going again this weekend using BA and looking at the rules I could take the view that I am entering from CH and therefore can ignore the French requirements as it applies only applies to those entering from the U.K. This would only save my £20 by not having to do a LFT. I will probably test as I would hate to have my weekend or that of my mates (who are testing) ruined if for some unlikely reason we were stopped. Let’s hope everyone in this group have paid there speeding tickets. Toofy Grin

Back in 2018 I was certain that I got flashed coming down the final stretch of motorway crossing back into Switzerland. The speed limit drops drastically in only a few meters with not much warning. Fully expecting a fine, but received nothing. Each time I’ve flown into GVA since, I’ve been expecting a similar experience as your friend! Will be there again next month so this could be the time!
ski holidays
We got back from the 3Vs last night, quick summary...

On the way out, Easyjet bag drop checked that we had Swiss PLFs (but didn't scan them)
Easyjet boarding also had a cursory look at the Swiss PLFs.
Swiss passport control didn't ask for the PLF

We weren't stopped going into France and didn't have to show our LFTs or declarations of honour

Once in resort, we got asked for the NHS QR code to sit inside restaurants, but not outside. Our hotel didn't ask for it at all.
Printing it out and sticking it in the phone case worked perfectly each time (clear case obv)
We also got asked once for it getting onto the Saulire bubble in the centre of Meribel.

Some lift queues had lifties asking people to wear their masks properly. Mask wearing was pretty well observed across the area, certainly in lift queues and inside bubbles.

On the way home, we werent stopped going back into Switzerland.

Easyjet checkin at GVA asked for the UK PLF, and checked all the details.
UK passport control didn't ask for it.

Anyway, all the faff was totally worth it to be able to participate in the miracle of human flight and ski an empty Jerusalem in the sunshine Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy