Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK > Geneva > France - Entry Requirements

Poster: A snowHead
@Jonny996, me too. I'll look out for a bloke with a suitcase sticker "my other car is a Porsche" Happy

Geneva airport website says the French side is open for car rental and access via the French road. It's the airport operations - check in, baggage etc. that are closed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LFTs done and certs received
Swiss forms done
French sworn statements done
Adults boosted, child double jabbed
NHS QRs on phone lock screens
Transfers confirmed
API info done
EasyJet Checked in
Airport security fast track booked

Half a tree of paperwork to take….

Can I go now… please ?!?! Very Happy

Actually I better pack first wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hire car picked up from French side & no one asked to see LFT results
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just to check - based on the latest update from the Swiss govt we no longer need to do Swiss PLF as of the 17th ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Vessigaud, Yep, that's how read it.

Also France scrapping the pre-flight test means that, if fully vaxxed and an adult, you have to do nothing if flying to Geneva from UK and transiting into France!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Vessigaud, yes

"..Changes to entry rules
Health-related measures for persons entering the country are to be lifted. It will no longer be necessary to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test or complete an entry form..."

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-87216.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I see you don't need a Swiss PLF but will i need to do a french PLF to travel into France and a uk PLF to come home? thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As I understand it you don’t now need either if flying into Switzerland and then transfer by bus or car to France would be grateful for someone who actually knows to confirm!

Also - do we need to download French covid app to get into any venues or does our nhs (Scotland) covid status app suffice?

Thanks very much in advance!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Johnov wrote:
I see you don't need a Swiss PLF but will i need to do a french PLF to travel into France and a uk PLF to come home? thanks

No PLF for France (just Sworn Statement : UK PLF on return (this may change shortly).

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great, thanks, can i do the UK one before i go or does it need to be done just before i return? cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Johnov, You can 'pre-fill' the form online, but cannot finish it off until you are within 48 hours of arrival in the UK
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

You can 'pre-fill' the form online, but cannot finish it off until you are within 48 hours of arrival in the UK

Great
Thank you
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi can anyone assist with - do we need to download French covid app to get into any venues or does our nhs (Scotland) covid status app suffice?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So we went belt and braces and have both the TAC and NHS ones - arrived in Morzine today and so far haven't been asked anywhere to scan it -

However you should be ok with just the NHS one - although it does need a data connection whereas the TAC app doesn't - although loads of ideas of how to show the QR code on many threads (add as wallpaper on phone / print & laminate)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vessigaud wrote:
So we went belt and braces and have both the TAC and NHS ones - arrived in Morzine today and so far haven't been asked anywhere to scan it -

However you should be ok with just the NHS one - although it does need a data connection whereas the TAC app doesn't - although loads of ideas of how to show the QR code on many threads (add as wallpaper on phone / print & laminate)

Thanks,!
latest report
frank20 wrote:
Vessigaud wrote:

Thanks,!

Used NHS one exclusively last week (5 - 13) in AdH. Keep a copy on your phone (files,walllet, lock screen photo) and you don't need a data connection. Was asked to show it in most bars and restaurants and some lift queues.
snow report
As per @halfhand, we have been using NHS QR code in iPhone wallet on numerous trips to PDS this season and never an issue. It works offline as all the info is contained in the QR code itself. Also a good idea to have others in group to send a screen shot of theirs to the trips WhatsApp group so they can access via another phone in the party in case of flat battery or forgotten / lost phone.

Trimmed screenshot of iPhone wallet QR can also be uploaded to Swiss and U.K. locator forms as well as Eurotunnel .
latest report
Just returned from a long weekend to Morillon, going through Geneva and hiring a car from the French side of the airport (cheaper than the Swiss side, but with downsides: ours did not have winter tyres (not a problem), or satnav (slightly annoying), no Swiss vignette for the motorway (not a problem with planning) and had not been cleaned since the previous (smoker) renter - ugh).

Anyway, I've done this route a few times, though not for a few years (thanks covid). So I can't remember if it was required before, but in order to transfer from the Swiss side to the French side after collecting bags and clearing customs:

YOU NEED TO SHOW YOUR BOARDING CARD FROM THE FLIGHT YOU'VE JUST ARRIVED ON.

So, if you're travelling with a paper version, don't bin it until you're through to the car rental desks!

Hopefully this will be useful to someone.
snow conditions
Quote:

Also a good idea to have others in group to send a screen shot of theirs to the trips WhatsApp group so they can access via another phone in the party in case of flat battery or forgotten / lost phone.

This too. Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy