Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK > Geneva > France - Entry Requirements

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

We're heading out to the 3V next friday through Geneva, and I'm working out what we need for the borders. Both of us are triple jabbed.

I've seen today's announcement that fully vaccinated no longer need a test to get into Switzerland - great news!

However I'm not so sure on what happens with getting from CH into FR. We've got a hire car on the swiss side so will be heading down the motorway towards Annecy from the airport.

Are we classed by France as arriving from a green country as we're (technically) arriving from Switzerland? i.e. We don't need to test before setting off, but need sworn statements that we will test if asked to?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@plasmastorm, it is where you began your journey, not the last place you drove through.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Nadenoodlee, yes but who is going to check your negative test. I'm all for sticking to the rules but not so much for adding to the profits of these testing pirates
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems like people off skiing/boarding last week of Jan/1st week of Feb are on the cusp of "do we do this or do we do that", which is frustrating.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks - will get some tests ordered. Wishful thinking on my part then Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
yes but who is going to check your negative test.


I did wonder that - but I've not crossed that bit of the border since pre-covid times
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm heading to Morzine via Geneva in March and now don't plan to get a pre-flight test. I've crossed the border a number of times in the past heading into France and never once had to stop and show documentation. This has been on private transfers, car hire, etc. But as mentioned above, that was all pre-covid times.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We travel next Saturday and are having a similar confusion. We know we don’t have physical border checks between Switzerland and France but can the hotel ask for travel info?

I’ve already booked the LFT tests so thinking of just getting them done and that being that!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonny996, that is a wholly separate question. There is a legal requirement that relies on self policing. Getting caught is moot.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anyone actually experienced it for real returning France - Geneva - UK this past weekend since the rules changed? What checks were there in reality between France and boarding the plan home for someone getting on transfer bus in French resort and getting out at Geneva airport? Im going Jet2, but presume airline doesnt make a difference
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just been trying to do some investigation into this. No real conclusions! Seems that potentially two separate "Passenger Locator forms" will need to be completed, one to get into Switzerland from UK and then another from Switzerland into France. Also still a bit confusing about needing a certified LFT completed. Its now (from 22nd Jan) not needed to enter Switzerland but still could be needed to get into France (regardless of the open border) when transiting. Assume the Pass Sanitaire is then still needed with all the documentation uploaded, including the LFT certificate? But if I stay in Geneva for 24 hours, then I wont need a LFT to enter France??

I go in March so hopefully the France restrictions a lifted by then!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Austria just announced the same as Switzerland. Will France follow suit anyone's guess
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
James77 wrote:
Austria just announced the same as Switzerland. Will France follow suit anyone's guess


Lets hope so! Its all a bit confusing!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A friend of mine travelled to Chamonix today via GVA.

He followed the guidance and had no issues.

Pre departure test, Swiss plf, French declaration etc.

He had no issues. I think that’s all that matters.

I follow him next week, and plan to do same. Despite the change to Swiss rules , I plan to take predeparture LFT test to ensure no issues getting into France. It’s £20 - I can forego a couple of beers to cover the cost. Although I probably won’t…
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I came back to France via GVA last night.
Pre-flight, BA checked the stuff on the VeriFly APP ( Neg Covid LFT, Some QR code from a relevant vaccination jab recording app, and the CHPLF).
On the way to UK only 2/6 (A & F) of the seats were in use on each row, last night it was 6/6 so there were the full complement of 186 pax.
Most seemed to be Brits / non-EEA as the non EU queue for passport control in GVA was huge.
I was told that if you have a FR CdS you can scoot through the CH / EU queue by presenting your UK passport and CdS. This was great as there were 3 staffed booths and precisely zero people in front of me.
Other than the passport, the only thing they were interested in was the Cert for the NEG LFT ( Testing For All printed copy was fine ), and they didn't even look at the CHPLF.
I did not have a French Declaration, and was never asked for one by the airline, or the Swiss immigration service, even though they knew I was going to France - it's not their concern.
Driving from GVA to France, the border was unstaffed (this is the default).


Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 20-01-22 8:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you have a flight to Switzerland it's not the airlines obligation to check your final destination only the flight destination.
I'm not sure how the French can control this you can exit immigration into Switzerland pick up a hire car and drive across the soft border with no check at all same for private transfer co.'s etc.
I can't see airlines checking negative tests for long particularly on scheduled flights to Geneva it's not their responsibility as landing your destination doesn't require it that's the job of the French at their border (which we know is impossible).
I think this is going to be a bit of a nightmare for France.
I'm not suggesting anyone test this out certainly just yet.

Desperately hoping the French change their rules in next few weeks but probably just fantasy.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richie_S wrote:
A friend of mine travelled to Chamonix today via GVA.

He followed the guidance and had no issues.

Pre departure test, Swiss plf, French declaration etc.

He had no issues. I think that’s all that matters.

I follow him next week, and plan to do same. Despite the change to Swiss rules , I plan to take predeparture LFT test to ensure no issues getting into France. It’s £20 - I can forego a couple of beers to cover the cost. Although I probably won’t…


This is probably the sensible approach given your time until journey, and the one I'll take, unless France lift their current restrictions. Time is on my side with this one, though with the current Anglo-French relations a bit strained, who knows what France will do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the French sworn statement it states

Quote:

I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination that may be conducted on arrival in metropolitan France (


Does that mean you are WILLING IF ASKED or that you HAVE TO take one ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ringingmaster, It means you agree to take a further test if requested as you go through the French border.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
James77 wrote:
@ringingmaster, It means you agree to take a further test if requested as you go through the French border.


So no previous certified LFT prior to entering France???
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Roscoe, No, you still need to arrive with a test ; I think they are just doing random testing (or they don't like the look of proof provided by the Tourist).

Anyway, by March we will be in a different world....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
albob wrote:
@Roscoe, No, you still need to arrive with a test ; I think they are just doing random testing (or they don't like the look of proof provided by the Tourist).

Anyway, by March we will be in a different world....


That's what I'm hoping for! Its not the cost of doing the LFT, but the additional hassle added to what should be a fun trip. My brother is going in 3 weeks so I'm checking for him as well
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richie_S wrote:
A friend of mine travelled to Chamonix today via GVA.

He followed the guidance and had no issues.

Pre departure test, Swiss plf, French declaration etc.

He had no issues. I think that’s all that matters.

I follow him next week, and plan to do same. Despite the change to Swiss rules , I plan to take predeparture LFT test to ensure no issues getting into France. It’s £20 - I can forego a couple of beers to cover the cost. Although I probably won’t…


Hey @"Richie S" - Did your friend have to complete a separate "passenger locator form" for entry into France, as well as the one for Switzerland?

I've just had a quick look at the Swiss form and it asks for details of where you will be staying in Switzerland, which I wont be able to complete, as I'm staying in France?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the Swiss form, there is a box to click if you are in Transit.
I just clicked that.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
WindOfChange wrote:
On the Swiss form, there is a box to click if you are in Transit.
I just clicked that.


Thanks, didnt see that. So you didn't bother doing a French one?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No, but there's a bunch of reasons (some of which may apply to you).

1: the Swiss don't care, so long as you satisfy the requirements for entry to CH.
2: the CH-FR border I use is never staffed
3: transiting to départements neighbouring GVA is frictionless (Schengen)
4: I have entered a neighbouring department (Haute Savoie) from CH which is permitted
5: my car has local French plates so won't get stopped unless it looks like I am smuggling a car load of Lucky Strike
6: I have a cross border work permit that allows me to come and go between CH-FR as I please

There'll be a point working down that list where it may not apply to you, but the top 3 will apply in most cases
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WindOfChange wrote:
No, but there's a bunch of reasons (some of which may apply to you).

1: the Swiss don't care, so long as you satisfy the requirements for entry to CH.
2: the CH-FR border I use is never staffed
3: transiting to départements neighbouring GVA is frictionless (Schengen)
4: I have entered a neighbouring department (Haute Savoie) from CH which is permitted
5: my car has local French plates so won't get stopped unless it looks like I am smuggling a car load of Lucky Strike
6: I have a cross border work permit that allows me to come and go between CH-FR as I please

There'll be a point working down that list where it may not apply to you, but the top 3 will apply in most cases


Thanks for the useful info.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roscoe wrote:
WindOfChange wrote:
On the Swiss form, there is a box to click if you are in Transit.
I just clicked that.


Thanks, didnt see that. So you didn't bother doing a French one?


Fully vaccinated travellers from the UK don't need to complete a French PLF, whether or not they arrive via Switzerland.

Just a negative test & the declaration form to print and sign.

The rules will have changed by March anyway, I won't be surprised if France doesn't need a test to enter by then.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@musehead, Thanks for confirmation. As you say, hopefully no tests will be needed by March.

Do you have a link to the declaration form? Also, will I need to download the PS app?? Or is the NHS one accepted in France?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would add that if you are going over a staffed border such as Bardonex or St Gingolphe for the sake of filling out the form, it's worth doing, as there is no cost for filling the form.
To my knowledge ( and I know a lot of people that come and go) absolutely zero people of the ones I know have had to do another Test in France on the basis of the Declaration, and the only people who have shown the Declaration are those who have offered it up without being asked.
You might be super-unlucky and get the customs officer having a bad day, so its worth doing a bit like taking out an insurance policy you won't use, but I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of poo-poo that you won't need it.
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've got tests ordered for our jaunt next friday, figured it better safe than sorry.

It's possible that regardless of Shengen they may start doing spot checks on the main GVA motorway border in the short term (under the guise of looking for CHFs and cigarettes and co-incidentally, Oh! Monsieur, you've just come from the UK?) once they work out that UK travellers are entering without having had to present tests at the airport.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WindOfChange wrote:
I would add that if you are going over a staffed border such as Bardonex or St Gingolphe for the sake of filling out the form, it's worth doing, as there is no cost for filling the form.
To my knowledge ( and I know a lot of people that come and go) absolutely zero people of the ones I know have had to do another Test in France on the basis of the Declaration, and the only people who have shown the Declaration are those who have offered it up without being asked.
You might be super-unlucky and get the customs officer having a bad day, so its worth doing a bit like taking out an insurance policy you won't use, but I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of poo-poo that you won't need it.


I've booked a private transfer so not sure which route they'll take over the border. I'll contact them to see what their stance is on matter.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When it says 'from 22nd January' does that mean from 00.01 on 22nd January? We are travelling to GVA on 22nd at 07.45.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roscoe wrote:
@musehead, Thanks for confirmation. As you say, hopefully no tests will be needed by March.

Do you have a link to the declaration form? Also, will I need to download the PS app?? Or is the NHS one accepted in France?


There's a link to it on here, and the page will be updated with the latest requirements

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really useful, thanks. But whats a FR CdS? Thanks

WindOfChange wrote:
I came back to France via GVA last night.
Pre-flight, BA checked the stuff on the VeriFly APP ( Neg Covid LFT, Some QR code from a relevant vaccination jab recording app, and the CHPLF).
On the way to UK only 2/6 (A & F) of the seats were in use on each row, last night it was 6/6 so there were the full complement of 186 pax.
Most seemed to be Brits / non-EEA as the non EU queue for passport control in GVA was huge.
I was told that if you have a FR CdS you can scoot through the CH / EU queue by presenting your UK passport and CdS. This was great as there were 3 staffed booths and precisely zero people in front of me.
Other than the passport, the only thing they were interested in was the Cert for the NEG LFT ( Testing For All printed copy was fine ), and they didn't even look at the CHPLF.
I did not have a French Declaration, and was never asked for one by the airline, or the Swiss immigration service, even though they knew I was going to France - it's not their concern.
Driving from GVA to France, the border was unstaffed (this is the default).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bitoffluff, French carte de séjour
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bitoffluff, Carte de Sejour (Residency, but not Citizenship Permit).
@Roscoe, Unless you're going to Chatel, then your transfer will very likely go via Bardonnex which IS staffed, so to be safe I would fill out and print the declaration even if you don't need it ( you won't ).
It's not a waste of paper as it can be re-purposed first for writing your shopping list, and then for making roaches / or other origami animals.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WindOfChange, so we can use the EU lane? Brilliant!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Roscoe, No he did not. Sounds like nothing was particularly checked enroute into France, just on entry to switzerland. FWIW, he took the Easybus transfer service from GVA to Chamonix. French Gov website here https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from4a

Says : "The rules that apply from Friday January 14, 2022 for travel between the UK and France are as follows

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.
For vaccinated travelers, there is no longer any obligation to justify a compelling reason for coming to France, nor any obligation to respect a period of isolation upon arrival on national territory. As such, the need to register, prior to travel, on the "passenger eOS" digital platform has been lifted. Arrival screenings may be conducted at the places of arrival. If the result is positive, the traveler will be placed in isolation."

I am travelling a week Friday, just tried to order a 2 day return test set from C19 - and their website has a statement that they are not currently taking orders for return tests for arrival after the 30th Jan in anticipation of rule change.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll be crossing tonight at the crossing on the way to Douvaine on the Rte de Thonon. Will report back but would guess it will be as quiet as usual.

Flying into GVA so have a test for that anyway and the form took 30 seconds - I figure it pays to be prepared!
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy