Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train from Chambery Airport to Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all....1st post alert!

Has anyone taken the train from Chambery airport to Moutiers, then onto Meribel? Any tips?

Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@wendie23, It used to be a bus from the airport to Chambery station. Train from there to Moutiers and then bus up from there to Meribel.
I would have thought the altibus service from Chambery airport to Meribel would be the easier option.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tend to agree with @skichampcouk, altibus might be easier. It’s 10km from chambery airport to chambery train station, then you have to change at moutiers to go up the hill to meribel by bus. A quick check on altibus says it’s 75 euros from airport to meribel centre. If flight timings work with that then I’d more inclined to do that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys, unfortunately no altibus on Sunday 6th Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was planning this in reverse on a Sunday in March 2020 with a taxi between station & airport - only a 10 min drive so was expecting it would be reasonable with 2 of us. Unfortunately lockdown hit, everyone was trying to leave at once, and the announcer at Moutiers said the words "completement plein" and "les portes ne ouvriront pas" - so it was a 100e panic taxi all the way instead Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Getting from the airport to the station is the tricky bit. When my wife did it a couple years ago she had to get a taxi. There were no busses. If you plan to get a taxi back from the airport book it in advance since as my nephew discovered tere may not be a taxi at the station.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try https://www.facebook.com/groups/850771538271311 . 1st-lifts.com are offering a shared transfer from Chambery Airport to Moutier, next Sunday (30 Jan) for 60 €.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm doing this journey in March - 2 of us and we hope to pick up a taxi at Chambery airport to the station. I booked v cheap train tickets a few weeks ago on oui.sncf which has just been rebranded as sncf connect. EUR11 each in 1st class outbound, then will take a taxi from Moutier up to Meribel. Altibus would have been easier in terms of straight to Meribel, but longer journey time, EUR42 each.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy