Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France with one VACCINE plus RECOVERY cert? Is Gov.Uk advice correct?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry to start a new thread when I’ve mentioned this issue previously but this specific issue seems to warrant a thread in its own right.

Does anyone know if the following quote on this link is correct from https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Vaccination status
The French Government recognises the following vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson (the vaccines recognised by the European Medical Agency). “Fully vaccinated” is defined by the completion of a vaccination schedule, specifically:

1 week after the second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca
4 weeks after the single and only dose of Johnson & Johnson
1 week after the single dose of any of the above vaccines if you have previously tested positive for COVID-19

It’s the last bullet point that I’m interested. I can’t find a French government source that addresses the issue and tallies with the UK guidance.

So …is one (Pfizer) dose plus recovery okay for an ADULT entering France or not?

If anyone can help me find the answer then that’d be amazing!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Noo72, no.

You probably need a booster by now as well. and it's not clear even to us that they are counting infection + 2 as boosted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.

So...are you talking about entry to France or Vaccine Pass?

If you are talking Vaccine Pass then are you saying that the advice below does not apply to UK based travellers, either?

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Health-pass-and-vaccination-in-the-UK

It would seem that the seven month point (reducing to four months on Feb 15) is the main issue. You are fully vaccinated if you meet one of these requirements:

"From 15 January 2022, anyone aged 18 and over will have to have a booster jab seven months after their last injection or infection, to extend their active health pass.

At this stage, a booster jab is not obligatory for the travel health pass. In this respect, anyone travelling may, for the moment, use their health pass to return to France without having had a booster jab.

Reminder of the requirements for a full course of vaccination and for the necessary delay following the final dose:

1 week after the 2nd injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);

28 days after the injection for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen);

1 weeks after the injection for people who have previously had COVID-19 (only 1 injection needed);"

I had assumed my 19yr old was fine for the vacc pass but was more confused by the rules for entry to France.

Maybe I'm wrong about that!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It would seem that the seven month point (reducing to four months on Feb 15) is the main issue.

Where did you see the bit about it reducing to four months on Feb 15? I haven't seen that anywhere
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Noo72, a bit of googling and I found this: https://www.france24.com/en/france/20220117-health-pass-becomes-vaccine-pass-details-of-france-s-tough-new-anti-pandemic-bill

Glad you mentioned the four-month thing as it makes a difference to some in our group who are travelling at the end of Feb
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, @Alicb, I read that too. Glad it was of some use to your group!

Frustratingly, my family member qualifies for the health pass but not entry to the country itself!

We are gutted as our group trip in Feb cannot take place unless a miracle happens and the guidance changes (I have had an email back from the French authorities and the final bullet point from my OP does not seem to apply to UK tourists).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@@Noo72, so a recovery in the UK does not apply in France to tourists?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rara1989 wrote:
@@Noo72, so a recovery in the UK does not apply in France to tourists?

Seems so - I can find nothing on various pages about 'Recovered'

Except here :: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements :: (google will translate)

".The European Union's digital Covid certificate may incorporate proof of vaccination, a negative test result or proof of recovery from Covid less than 6 months old. States may also establish additional health measures if they are necessary and proportionate (for example: test, quarantine, etc.)..."
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@albob, that link is very interesting indeed...I had just about given up hope!

It seems to match the UK advice in my OP indication that one does of Pfizer +Recovery Cert is ok:

Quelle preuve de vaccination fournir ?
Les vaccins admis par la France sont ceux reconnus par l’Agence européenne du médicament (EMA) : Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield et Johnson & Johnson.

Le certificat de vaccination n’est valable qu’à la condition qu’il permette d’attester la réalisation d’un schéma vaccinal complet, soit :

7 jours après la 2e injection pour les vaccins à double injection (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield) ;
4 semaines après l'injection pour les vaccins avec une seule injection (Johnson & Johnson) ;
7 jours après l'injection pour les vaccins chez les personnes ayant eu un antécédent de Covid-19 (1 seule injection nécessaire).

HOWEVER, this page seems to contradict the above, as it does not mention recovery:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2As of Friday January 14, 2022, the rules for travel to and from the UK will change.

"The applicable rules depend on the traveler's vaccination status.

The vaccination schedule is considered complete 28 days after the administration of a dose for the Janssen vaccine, 7 days after the administration of a second dose for the other vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (Pfizer / Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria / Covishield) and, for people who have received all the required doses of a vaccine authorized by the WHO and not recognized by the European Medicines Agency, 7 days after administration of a complementary dose of a messenger RNA vaccine benefiting from such recognition.

The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors, whether or not they are vaccinated.

Controls will be organized to ensure the proper implementation of these measures."

Very confusing.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm wondering if they are classing 'vaccinated' as including recovered?

There is a post elsewhere by someone has 4 QR codes (one being Recovered) ; would a scan of a NHS 4th QR code pass to French requirements??

When are you going? -- Switzerland have just changed their regulations, France may follow in a couple of weeks.. (Or just go to a different country..?)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes @albob, they seem to be classing recovered as vaccinated- but only in the French page...not on the English page of the same website!!

When did Switzerland change their rules? We were going to France via Geneva but have been told NO via email when I clarified this with the Swiss authorities about two days ago.

Changing country isn't that simple. The only countries we can go to are Bulgaria, Slovenia or Slovakia. Bulgaria is the only one of those with viable flight options. also, we are keen to go with a large family group who are set on driving to France.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here (not sure if the changes would apply to your situation)

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-86839.html

"..Amended rules on testing to enter Switzerland
From Saturday, 22 January, persons who have been vaccinated or who have recovered from COVID-19 will no longer be required to present a negative PCR or rapid antigen test before entering Switzerland. Persons who are not vaccinated or who have not recovered from COVID-19 will
still have to take the tests to enter the country. However, due to limited testing capacity, travellers will no longer be required to take follow-up tests four to seven days after arriving, meaning that the '3G' rule applies to enter Switzerland. The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) will only have to be completed by those travelling to Switzerland by plane or on a long-distance bus service..."

====
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@albob, no that won't impact us. But thanks anyway.

I was told via email that the key requirement is to be deemed fully vaccinated by one's own country. So... as my daughter has one dose+ recovery she cannot enter Switzerland, despite the fact that she meets Swiss criteria for full vacc ( as she is not deemed fully vac in UK). Therefore, she doesn't tick the right boxes on the link below.

You couldn't make it up!

https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, the French rules are about to change in the next few days as they are switching over to the vaccination pass. With regards to recovery certificates: they are equivalent to a jab, meaning you would need a vaccine + a recovery + a booster for a full vaccination schema and a vaccination pass. There can be up to 6 months between a recovery and the next jab. If your recovery certificate is not older than 6 months, you should be fine for a vaccination pass without having had a booster jab.
You can download the app used in France to scan QR codes in restaurants, skilifts, bars, … and check your certificate / QR for eligibility in France. It’s called TAC Verif in the App Store. There will likely be updates to the app the next few days.
https://www.linternaute.com/actualite/guide-vie-quotidienne/2595099-certificat-de-retablissement-covid-compte-dans-le-pass-vaccinal-comment-l-obtenir/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Huplu, I think your post may be incorrect and that recovery and one vaccine alone is enough, for the first few months at least after recovery:

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Health-pass-and-vaccination-in-the-UK

Anyway, that's all irrelevant if you can't get into the country in the first place!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy