Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passport expiry within 6 months EU

Poster: A snowHead
Looking a HT holiday with my 15 year old who has a passport that expires in August

Conflicting information, does it need a full 6 months as other links suggest 3 months from day of departure?

I think I’d struggle to get a replacement passport by 18th February if I applied today
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is 3 months

"Your passport must meet 2 requirements. It must be:

less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the ‘date of issue’)
valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the ‘expiry date’)"

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@up4it, please check. My understanding is 6 months must be on at least on the day of return. For EU countries at least. This is to get back home not leave the UK
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ha, just what I didn’t want, another conflict of information Eh oh!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
twoodwar wrote:
@up4it, please check. My understanding is 6 months must be on at least on the day of return. For EU countries at least. This is to get back home not leave the UK

Any valid passport will allow you entry back into the UK, it matters not if it is the first or last day of validity for that passport.
The EU will not stop you leaving the EU if your passport has less than 3 months validity. But they would prevent you from entering the EU

The 6 months issue COULD happen. If for example, you planned on staying within the EU for the maximum allowed 90 days. As the validity period is calculated from the day you plan to leave LEAVE, this would mean you would need six months validity so that on your date of planned departure there is 3 months validity remaining.

I think you might have misunderstood this one.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 19-01-22 16:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would have thought the information on the Gov.uk website is correct ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@up4it, it is 3 months from the date you plan to leave the EU

@twoodwar, has got the wrong end of the stick (a bit!)

Don't, stress you will be fine!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@up4it, it is 3 months from the date you plan to leave the EU

@twoodwar, has got the wrong end of the stick (a bit!)

Don't, stress you will be fine!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From the cheval's bouche!

First bullet point.

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/your-arrival-in-france.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Charliegolf, Linky no Worky ????!! (error 404)

It does now (removed dot at end of line)!!!

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/your-arrival-in-france
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@albob, Cheers!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When I looked at this prior to our booked new year (didn’t happen) holiday I was told by multiple sources it had to be 6 months?

And the expiry date doesn’t matter it’s 6 months before the issued date (5yeArs of child)

I ended up at Liverpool passport office and had to pay £155!
Of course holiday was then cancelled hopefully April it will get used now
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rednat5 wrote:
When I looked at this prior to our booked new year (didn’t happen) holiday I was told by multiple sources it had to be 6 months?

And the expiry date doesn’t matter it’s 6 months before the issued date (5yeArs of child)
My passport expired October 2022 I was travelling Dec 21 but still had to Renew
As issue date was April
I ended up at Liverpool passport office and had to pay £155!
Of course holiday was then cancelled hopefully April it will get used now
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@zikomo, I phrased my response badly. The EU wants 6 months on the passport on the day of return to the UK. Not the UK
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@up4it, We were in exactly the same situation, discovered 14yo's PP expired less than 6mo before return from 1/2 term on Sat 8th Jan so we decided to renew it.
Applied for online for renewal, took a photo on phone etc, completed forms and posted the old one off all on that Sat (8th Jan)
New PP arrived Mon 17th Jan.
Based on my experience, you've got time to renew online if you choose to but I admit: It is getting a little twitchy now time-wise (And you have to send their old one in: They don't start the renewal process until the old one is received - they're very good with regular SMS/email updates about your progress though)
latest report
up4it wrote:

I think I’d struggle to get a replacement passport by 18th February if I applied today

There are fast track options...

For a (big) charge, obvs
snow conditions
twoodwar wrote:
@zikomo, I phrased my response badly. The EU wants 6 months on the passport on the day of return to the UK. Not the UK

I think you’re wrong - it’s 3 months, not 6.

Quote:
Passport validity

If you are planning to travel to an EU country (except Ireland), or Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City, you must meet the Schengen area rules.

Your passport must meet 2 requirements. It must be:

less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the ‘date of issue’)
valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the ‘expiry date’)

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements
snow report
As I posted yesterday, this is from the french government website!

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/your-arrival-in-france

They ought to know the rules for going into France.
snow conditions
twoodwar wrote:

N0 - it is 3 months from the date you plan on LEAVING the EU.

I explained the one scenario where you would need 6 month validity. IF you planned to stay in France for 3 months, then you would need 6 months remaining validity so that you had 3 months validity left on your planned departure date from France.

The rule is that you require 3 months validity after your planned departure date from the EU.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy