Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feedback on Covid enforcement experience - useful info.

Poster: A snowHead
Might be worth posting up, if it helps people to choose an easier holiday experience. I was in Passo last week. 'Green pass required' signs on every lift. Never saw one checked once. I know a guy who was in Austria last week. He said there was some sort of checking going on what felt like pretty much everywhere. Maybe the cultural difference between the Italians and their Germanic brethren. I know which I'd prefer, and it wouldn't be showing my papers to ze mini-Gestapo every 5 minutes! I'm off to France in a few days, so we'll see what it's like there.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Courmayeur: Wed 12.1 - FFP2s required on cabines and cable cars, kids masked too. Not controlled on chairs. PS checked on readers at base.

Chamonix, yesterday, masks on lowest bubble, about 50% on BrevFleg cable, not on chairs (not very busy tho'j
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@greengriff, you do not need to show any paper in Austria. It is better if you have an app with your vaccination information. This is only necessary for buying the lift ticket and for using shops, hotel and gastronomy. You also need to wear a mask FFP2 in these places and using the ski lifts and public transports. There is no Gestapo in my country now. Racist comment. rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dover to Valais 17 12 21:
Handed mystery blue square at French immigration booth at Dover, gratefully taken by staff at P&O booth. Weird.
No documents checked at any stage - not even passports, waved through border into CH at Jougne. Surprised.

In CH in town and on hill:
Easy to get Swiss COVID Cert - 30chf. Checked in all restaurants on hill and in town. Enforcement of mask wearing, but in a nice way, by pisteurs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mankei wrote:
@greengriff, you do not need to show any paper in Austria. It is better if you have an app with your vaccination information. This is only necessary for buying the lift ticket and for using shops, hotel and gastronomy. You also need to wear a mask FFP2 in these places and using the ski lifts and public transports. There is no Gestapo in my country now. Racist comment. rolling eyes

Chill out. We all love Austria here! Jokes about the war are standard British fare I'm afraid. We rip it out of ourselves too. Also, as a serious aside, a country that won't let the unvaccinated leave their homes deserves having the wee wee taking out of it!

Anyway, back on topic. Am I to believe you, or the guy who told me what he saw? Also, check this out: Holiday Ninja Pass Quite sinister, especially trying to make it look child-like and 'fun'!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
valais2 wrote:
Dover to Valais 17 12 21:
Handed mystery blue square at French immigration booth at Dover, gratefully taken by staff at P&O booth. Weird.

You've stoked my curiosity now. Does anyone else know what it is?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@greengriff, please do not visit Austria. We do not want you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We had a yellow one at Eurotunnel that signified the Dog had been checked... HtH
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mankei wrote:
@greengriff, please do not visit Austria. We do not want you.
That's very good of you to speak for the entire country. I thought it was supposed to be the Germans who were stiff and humourless? Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
We had a yellow one at Eurotunnel that signified the Dog had been checked... HtH
Checked for what?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
greengriff wrote:
Mankei wrote:

Chill out. We all love Austria here! Jokes about the war are standard British fare I'm afraid. We rip it out of ourselves too. Also, as a serious aside, a country that won't let the unvaccinated leave their homes deserves having the wee wee taking out of it!

The unvaccinated are allowed to leave their homes though. Frankly what the world needs more of right now is accurate information referenced with sources rather than spreading anecdotal rubbish from 'a guy I know' and xenophobic tropes*.

I got back to Austria on the 8th Jan and have been skiing 5 times since. I registered my vaccine status and lift pass online. No one at any of the 3 resorts I've been to has asked to see my papers or covid app. At one resort I saw a lifty have to remind someone** to put his mask on in the lift queue. It's pretty great over here right now tbh.

*War jokes really aren't standard British fare anymore. Only really from a certain demographic of 50+ British male.
**Funnily enough that someone was also of a similar demographic, though not British.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@greengriff, Not funny at all, Germans & Austrians have a perfectly good sense of humour. If those are your views probably best not visit Germany either. The Basil Fawlty sketch might have been funny 50 years ago but is now just embarrassing along with the crass football chant.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
greengriff wrote:
Mankei wrote:

Anyway, back on topic. Am I to believe you, or the guy who told me what he saw? Also, check this out: Holiday Ninja Pass Quite sinister, especially trying to make it look child-like and 'fun'!

Jokes about Gestapo are not funny especially to Germans and Austrians. At the least you display an extraordinary ignorance of other cultures by making light of your original gaff. And a complete lack of sensitivity. The better course of action would have been to apologise for the offence.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:

The unvaccinated are allowed to leave their homes though. Frankly what the world needs more of right now is accurate information referenced with sources rather than spreading anecdotal rubbish from 'a guy I know' and xenophobic tropes*.

*War jokes really aren't standard British fare anymore. Only really from a certain demographic of 50+ British male.
**Funnily enough that someone was also of a similar demographic, though not British.

Disinformation? Austria Lockdown

I'm not over 50, but I appreciate good humour. Who would not laugh at this?
The Gestapo Dance
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
munich_irish wrote:
@greengriff, Not funny at all, Germans & Austrians have a perfectly good sense of humour. If those are your views probably best not visit Germany either. The Basil Fawlty sketch might have been funny 50 years ago but is now just embarrassing along with the crass football chant.
Whilst humour is obviously subjective, I would say that being able to laugh at oneself and one's fellow countrymen and their culture is a good sign of psychological health. Read into that what you will.
snow report
zikomo wrote:

Jokes about Gestapo are not funny especially to Germans and Austrians. At the least you display an extraordinary ignorance of other cultures by making light of your original gaff. And a complete lack of sensitivity. The better course of action would have been to apologise for the offence.

Man you guys are trying really hard to prove me right, aren't you?
snow report
@greengriff, please could you amend the heading to this thread, as the information in it is very far from useful. Thank you.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
@greengriff, please could you amend the heading to this thread, as the information in it is very far from useful. Thank you.
Yes, it's gone far off topic unfortunately. Hopefully we can bring it back to it's original purpose.
snow report
greengriff wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

Disinformation? Austria Lockdown

Yes, disinformation. Nomatter how British media choose to portray it, 'lockdown' in Austria does not mean people cannot leave their homes. Rightly or wrongly unvaccinated people are perfectly to go, for one example, ski touring whenever they wish.
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:

Yes, disinformation. Nomatter how British media choose to portray it, 'lockdown' in Austria does not mean people cannot leave their homes. Rightly or wrongly unvaccinated people are perfectly to go, for one example, ski touring whenever they wish.

The foreign press too. Are you in PR for the Austrian government or something? Sugar coating such an outrageous abuse of human rights that makes 2nd class citizens out of a whole group of people? Hmm, that sounds strangely familiar doesn't it!?

Bloomberg
Politico
Euractiv
Kolbe Report
Unherd
latest report
Keep your inflammatory political trolling to other forums.

A skiing forum isn't the place for it.
latest report
@greengriff, you are obviously a @stanton, sock. Thought you had been quiet for a few days.
ski holidays
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
Keep your inflammatory political trolling to other forums.

A skiing forum isn't the place for it.

I am just responding in order to defend myself. I'm quite happy for this thread to return to its original purpose.
ski holidays
Can you tell me how are restrictions for unvaccinated people abuse of human rights?
snow conditions
greengriff wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

The foreign press too. Are you in PR for the Austrian government or something? Sugar coating such an outrageous abuse of human rights that makes 2nd class citizens out of a whole group of people? Hmm, that sounds strangely familiar doesn't it!?

Bloomberg
Politico
Euractiv
Kolbe Report
Unherd

You're getting a bit hysterical mate. And should probably try to think a bit more critically rather than believe everything you read on the internet wink

You said, quote, "a country that won't let the unvaccinated leave their homes". Whatever the press decide to publish in order to generate their revenue, that's patently false. Are there restrictions on unvaccinated people in Austria? Yes. They're not allowed into restaurants etc. Are they allowed to leave their houses to go shopping, or to go and have fun in the mountains? Also Yes.

Given you included "useful info" in the title of this thread presumably you intended it to contain genuine information that would actually be useful, so it might be an idea to skip the over-the-top hyperbole and fake news that just confuse the situation, and get back to the actual facts.
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@greengriff, you are obviously a @stanton, sock. Thought you had been quiet for a few days.

I am very definitely not. I only have one account on this site, and this is it.
ski holidays
matejp wrote:
Can you tell me how are restrictions for unvaccinated people abuse of human rights?

Are you actually serious? You don't think that trying to coerce people into an unwanted medical procedure is an abuse of human rights? Or you just want me to lay out my position more clearly?
latest report
clarky999 wrote:
greengriff wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

Bloomberg
Politico
Euractiv
Kolbe Report
Unherd

You're getting a bit hysterical mate. And should probably try to think a bit more critically rather than believe everything you read on the internet wink

You said, quote, "a country that won't let the unvaccinated leave their homes". Whatever the press decide to publish in order to generate their revenue, that's patently false. Are there restrictions on unvaccinated people in Austria? Yes. They're not allowed into restaurants etc. Are they allowed to leave their houses to go shopping, or to go and have fun in the mountains? Also Yes.

Given you included "useful info" in the title of this thread presumably you intended it to contain genuine information that would actually be useful, so it might be an idea to skip the over-the-top hyperbole and fake news that just confuse the situation, and get back to the actual facts.

I'm not hysterical. Perhaps guilty of not going into sufficient depth. So how about this?

A country that won't let the unvaccinated leave their homes unless it's for work, an emergency, for essential shopping, or for a small amount of exercise to help their 'mental health', so legally making them second class citizens.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
greengriff wrote:

I'm not hysterical. Perhaps guilty of not going into sufficient depth. So how about this?

A country that won't let the unvaccinated leave their homes unless it's for work, an emergency, for essential shopping, or for a small amount of exercise to help their 'mental health', so legally making them second class citizens.

I don't think there's any limit on the amount/duration of exercise, but otherwise that's about right. The 'Second class citizen' bit based on people's own voluntary decisions does seem to me to be more of a political catchphrase than a genuine human rights abuse, but obviously that's just my opinion.
snow report
clarky999 wrote:

I don't think there's any limit on the amount/duration of exercise, but otherwise that's about right. The 'Second class citizen' bit based on people's own voluntary decisions does seem to me to be more of a political catchphrase than a genuine human rights abuse, but obviously that's just my opinion.

Thank you. It's perfectly possible to discuss even contentious issues cordially. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not (and I don't), with the advent of Covid politics has inserted itself deeply into our sport.
snow report
We are in Maria Alm at the moment, so reporting what we are experiencing and not what someone has told us.
Our NHS Covid pass for travel was loaded with our lift pass a few days before we arrived and that has worked perfectly today. I asked the guy at the hutte where we enjoyed lunch today if he wished to see the pass and he said no, it’s on your lift pass so that is fine. The owner of our apartment looked at it when we arrived on Saturday evening. She is wearing a mask in the building and so are we. We wore masks when we went to local hotel for dinner Saturday evening, and to another place for coffee yesterday morning, and then when we went to Mpreis in the afternoon to do a bit of shopping. Put our masks on to go on the lift and gondola this morning as did the other people around.
And there was no one at the border to inspect our negative PCR test results when we drove Puzzled in from Germany Saturday afternoon. We had shown our passes when we stayed at an Ibis in France Saturday evening and at a restaurant that evening.
It really is no problem and I am happy to comply with what is required locally.
ski holidays
@greengriff, But you are the one who has not been cordial, and doubled down on one offensive comment with several more (and a video).
latest report
zikomo wrote:
@greengriff, But you are the one who has not been cordial, and doubled down on one offensive comment with several more (and a video).

In response to being insulted and called names. Having literally stood at the graves and looked at the picture of relatives (both British and German actually) that I never got to meet, young men in their teens and twenties who died because of back bottom politicians having the power to make them fight, I am averse to my very core of government power and overreach, and of people who go along with it.
ski holidays
Pamski's post shows how useful this thread could be but I, for one, shall not be opening it again.
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
Pamski's post shows how useful this thread could be but I, for one, shall not be opening it again.

Maybe mods could purge it of the irrelevant content?
latest report
Was asked for ours in a restaurant in reims and at the bettex bubble in st Gervais, drove round to les contamines today and nobody asked for it once.
snow report
Haven’t been asked for pass at either liftpass office or either restaurant we used in the two sides of La Chapelle d’Abondance.

Masks (or pulled up buff) at around 80% for those walking about in restaurants, pretty much 100% in shops, 50% in lift pass queues, 20% in ski lift queues (not that there have been any to speak of) and I haven’t seen any attempt at enforcement.
ski holidays
In 3V. I would say bubbles pretty much 100% mask wearing. A lot a bit floppy/mouth only. Chair lift queues a bit less
I’ve found queues longer than usual but that’s because mostly people are travelling with just their party and not sharing. On larger chairs we as a 2 shared maybe 3 times with one or two others and at least 2 seats between. Bubbles were better yesterday in courcheval in Meribel today we ended up sharing 3 times. Even though we tried not to!!

Pass sanitiere checked before one
Lift today. So it seems they are doing ad hoc moving checks, so you could avoid. Personally I’m happy the more
Checking the better!!
snow report
I live largely in the Vorarlberg in Austria & can confirm that for those of us with proof of a booster saved on our phones there is minimal additional interference in our lives. (Skiing and otherwise). I’m old enough to remember the Polio vaccine being effectively compulsory for youngsters in the UK (& elsewhere - eg West Germany when I lived there at the end of the 1970s). Hence I just don’t “get” the objection to compulsory vaccination as a basis for partaking normally in society during a global pandemic..
ski holidays
greengriff wrote:
matejp wrote:

Are you actually serious? You don't think that trying to coerce people into an unwanted medical procedure is an abuse of human rights? Or you just want me to lay out my position more clearly?

So let me understand you... When you go to Africa and you have to take vaccine against various diseases is this abuse of your human rights? Are compulsory vaccinations for children diseases also abuse of your human rights?

Or you just spew out nonsense (...unwanted medical procedure...) just to create some kind of battle between personal freedom and "tyranny" in a sociaety?

Does mandate to use seat belts also violate your freedom and human rights?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy