Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Extreme Silliness Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Inspired by the linked threads of yesteryear, which made me laugh out loud - I want to see if I/We can inject a bit of levity into proceedings....as we could certainly be doing with it.

The only rules are that it a) Has to be on the preposterous side of ridiculous; and b) It has to be (tangentially) related to skiing. The productive use of small mammals is actively encouraged.

It can be anything, from tips that are completely useless or "out there" eg. attaching a small Metronome to the top of your helmet to help with timing; to how often you can (mistakenly) pee into your own gloves, before you have to replace them.

What is the funniest way of falling?

What music would completely disable your ability to ski competently?

If your idea is so stupid, that you would be castigated on Dragon's Den (but make it onto the Apprentice) - I want to hear about it!

We could, of course, be all so depressed that this thread dies on its feet....but if you all channel your inner Monte Python, we might be able to crack a collective smile.

The stage is yours...so make of it what you will.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Old Fartbag, I think what worked well in those two threads which have just been unearthed was a single theme in each case, which 'growed like Topsy', feeding people's imaginations as they took up the baton from one another. Lots of individual ideas in one thread would perhaps not be so funny? Or are you asking ideas for starting new threads?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hurtle, I suspect you are right.....These things can seldom be forced.

If anyone wants to start a "Ridiculous Thread", I'm certainly up for it, as I'm in need of a laugh. Being Irish, banter is in my DNA.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Old Fartbag, well, why don't you start one on completely useless skiing tips? I like the sound of that. Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle wrote:
@Old Fartbag, well, why don't you start one on completely useless skiing tips? I like the sound of that. Smile

I think I just might.

Started here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158300#4911074
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy