Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar arrival time at St Pancras

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On my tickets for the eurostar on Thursday (getting the 08:01) train, it suggest that I arrive 90-120 minutes before departure (gate closes 30 mins before). Whereas on the return, at Paris, it suggest we turn up 45-60 mins before departure.

Do we really need to get to St Pancras at 6am??! Anyone been on it recently to confirm what it is like?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tbh I’ve done it before and always arrived 90 mins before pre-covid. Yes that’s given plenty of time, to get coffee/breakfast etc. but max 30 ish mins of ‘hanging about’

But with extra checks I would deffo arrive 90 mins before.

I get your reasoning it seems excessive, and maybe it is. But 60 mins feels tight. What if you can’t get through the bag checks and passport control the queues can be long and that train is the busiest of the day.

In Paris we’ve arrived 60 mins before and taken so long in the queue the trains been boarding straight away. And we’ve had a 45 min hanging around wait. There’s less in the Paris side where in London there’s food places and shopping so you can get a nice brekkie before the train

When we originally booked we realised we’d have to leave at 5am to get to London even to make 90 mins. So we booked a cheap premier inn to avoid the ‘panic’ if you can do that for the Friday I think it’s worth the reduction in stress.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Lucywuk, thank you. I can't get to London before 8 from my village on the train, so we're staying in the premier inn the night before. Just wondering if I can get an extra half an hour in bed Laughing

Better safe than sorry I guess. We'll aim for 6.30 at the latest.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sensible. And I would say yes. My husband would say no!! He freaks out is we don’t go to the gate (flying) the second it comes up. I wait to final call.

He wants to murder me when getting the Eurostar as about 10-15 mins before boarding I like to queue for a coffee so it’s hot when I’m travelling!! Or maybe I like winding him up by going for one last wee

His promptness bit him on the bum this time, as we were going via Eurotunnel and arrived ‘at least an hour’ before. Took 3 mins to check in so grabbed a coffee whilst we waited. 10 mins later it suggested we get in line (or whatever it meant) so we were 4th car in the queue for Passport and the first 4 cars, guess what, were searched!!!! We had to get out and the car went though an enormous airline style scanner whilst we watched other cars sail past rolling eyes

First time I have ever been searched in my car in 30+ years.

Doubt he’s learnt his lesson.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Lucywuk, We really do marry our opposites don't we? My wife was late to our first date so at least she set the right expectation. Late for everything since. Always delays our departure from the house with some last minute thing of no import. AWOL at airports, more likely the closer to take-off time. Drives me nuts. Have taken to lying about departure times which seems to work as she never checks the timings.

I think the world will end if I am not 5 minutes early for everything! Which drives her nuts.

Been together 22 years with 4 kids so I guess it makes some sort of sense......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am always ‘on time’. Just. Not actually late.

But yea we do.

It works though. The balance of it all. I read the piste map, he goes by feel, I plan everything (holidays etc) he goes with the flow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lucywuk wrote:
Sensible. And I would say yes. My husband would say no!! He freaks out is we don’t go to the gate (flying) the second it comes up. I wait to final call.

He wants to murder me when getting the Eurostar as about 10-15 mins before boarding I like to queue for a coffee so it’s hot when I’m travelling!! Or maybe I like winding him up by going for one last wee

His promptness bit him on the bum this time, as we were going via Eurotunnel and arrived ‘at least an hour’ before. Took 3 mins to check in so grabbed a coffee whilst we waited. 10 mins later it suggested we get in line (or whatever it meant) so we were 4th car in the queue for Passport and the first 4 cars, guess what, were searched!!!! We had to get out and the car went though an enormous airline style scanner whilst we watched other cars sail past rolling eyes

First time I have ever been searched in my car in 30+ years.

Doubt he’s learnt his lesson.

Your husband sounds like a gentleman and a scholar.

I normally like to arrive at airports for when the baggage check opens (with an extra half an hour to spare in case there is traffic).

I do also like my kip. My anxiety about being late will overpower my love of sleep come Thursday morning though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zikomo wrote:
@Lucywuk, We really do marry our opposites don't we? My wife was late to our first date so at least she set the right expectation. Late for everything since. Always delays our departure from the house with some last minute thing of no import. AWOL at airports, more likely the closer to take-off time. Drives me nuts. Have taken to lying about departure times which seems to work as she never checks the timings.

I think the world will end if I am not 5 minutes early for everything! Which drives her nuts.

Been together 22 years with 4 kids so I guess it makes some sort of sense......

The world WILL end if one is 5 minutes late. This is a know fact.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy