Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NHS Covid Pass in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Will an NHS Covid Pass (QR code) saved into Apple Wallet work ok as proof of vaccination in Austria? I’ve transferred mine into Green Pass (as the NHS App doesn’t work for me), but my wife wants to use Wallet instead, if it’ll work.

TVM Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timmy T, we are in Austria at the moment and my two jabs and subsequent booster are in my Apple Wallet and that is working fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pamski wrote:
@Timmy T, we are in Austria at the moment and my two jabs and subsequent booster are in my Apple Wallet and that is working fine.

TVM Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The printable version laminated and kept in a pocket is also a wise move. Just need the 3rd QR code.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need to make sure you carry photo id with you, driving licence will do if you dont want to carry your passport. It is a legal requirement anyway in most countries at any time but some places are insisting on seeing the photo id as well as the vaccine pass (which is the legal position even if many places dont bother)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@munich_irish, is that the case with the Grünerpass app? We have been here now for a week and have never been asked for ID, other than when buying our season passes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ulmerhutte, yes, if you look at the text on the app it says 'Only valid with an official ID'
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was going to stick the QR code part of my covid pass on my helmet to save me faffing with phone etc.
Is the QR code and expiry date sufficient?
I have also laminated the same portion to carry with me (like to be sure)!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ulmerhutte, many people wont bother but the official position is as @Chris_n, said. Here in Germany all the locals have a credit card sized id document, I presume the same in Austria. If you have any involvement with officialdom (say an accident whilst skiing or checking into a hotel) they would want to see id, my understanding is it is quite a big issue in Austria if you dont have it. It is a bit of a pain for people who only have a passport which is not always the easiest thing to carry around.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I assume a photocopy of a passport would be ok? I was planning to copy the photo page of each of our passports then laminate it. No way I’d trust my son to ski with his passport, and I’ve mislaid my driving licence
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@munich_irish, yes we have an Ausweise here too and if you are resident here should be able to produce it. Usually if anyone asks for ID a photo card driving licence is fine for non residents although if you are involved in an incident the police will go with you to your accommodation to get your passport.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was in Obergurgl last week and entry into the Neiderhutte was allowed if you could show your NHS vaccination record ( I have mine stored on Google Pay) this was backed up with my UK photo driving license. Once in it was table service only, mask wearing compulsory if leaving your table to go to the loo. There was some live music but dancing was strickly not allowed or indeed singing, this was mentioned over the band's microphone. Everyone was very compliant and bars close at 10 pm sharp. We're off to Grindelwald this Saturday so I'm sure there'll be similar restrictions. At the end of the day my primary focus is the skiing as is the case with my wife and fellow group of four friends.Apres is a little low key and might be an issue for party animals. It's just great to be back in the mountains and I feel privileged to be able to enjoy them.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here in Obergurgl we were given a wrist band once the hotel had checked the vaccine docs. Now just show the wristband if asked. Once it's on your wrist you can't take it off. To stop swapping them between people, great idea.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was going to take a photo of the passport as I don't fancy skiing with it as It would look like it's gone through the wash after a day. I also have the paper driving licence still so do we think the photo would do or will it have to be the passport?. I could put it in a dry bag I guess
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Those that have taken a laminated copy of your pass as a back up, have you done the whole A4 sheet or just cut out the latest Booster section with QR code?

TVM Cool
latest report
Photos or screen shots on your phone are fine everywhere.
snow report
@Timmy T, I have just the Booster QR - verifiac app scans as a 'tick'

I bought some credit card size self-laminating things

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00S9NBMZW/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_3p_dp_1?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
Shunt wrote:
Photos or screen shots on your phone are fine everywhere.

I’m just old fashioned and just as likely to drop my phone down the loo or smash it when I wipe out, then I’d have nothing!

I always print out our boarding cards and hotel reservations just in case as well!!
ski holidays
@Timmy T, +1 - I do the same, this year I may have destroyed a whole forest....
latest report
I don’t usually print anything, but my battery is unreliable, my son isn’t old enough for a phone and a laminated copy might be easier to grab with gloves on!
snow conditions
In Bad Hofgastien just now, most places only have a cursory look at your QR code (paper or phone) and no one has asked for ID, the remainder haven't asked to see anything.

No checks on lifts or busy restaurants on the hill.
ski holidays
Here in Vorarlberg all that is needed is a download or screenshot of the three vaccine QRs & associated info…but you will get asked to show it in any non essential outlet…ie in every pub/bar/restaurant/sports shop etc etc…
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy