Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a UCPA-type break but for age 50

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

A UCPA short break would be ideal...but one of the group travelling will be 50, which rules out 99% of UCPA options due to their age limit.

Any suggestions for an alternative that would:
- be cheap
- be convenient with as little faff as possible
- have short break options.

Dates are reasonably flexible and it'd be a group of 4 with beginners and intermediates. The UCPA setup of in-house equipment hire, proximity to slopes and breakfast/lunch/dinner is ideal so something as close to that as possible would be preferred.

Any ideas gratefully received!
Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@milzibkit, I thought UCPA did allow over 40 people...its a state of mind not an age. Suggest you check with them
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I remember meeting a couple of old Swedish gents many years ago, 60+, FAST and a good laugh. They were on UCPA Flaine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@milzibkit, I thought UCPA did allow over 40 people...its a state of mind not an age. Suggest you check with them

They do...but based upon the Action Outdoors website it's only for 1 week of the year (1st Jan) and only to Les Arcs. Unfortunately that week wouldn't really suit.

It's a bit frustrating as it's only one of the party and she is probably more like the archetypal UCPA guest than anyone else in the group! I have just had the thought that I don't actually think they ever check your details including DOB and flights are booked separately, so it'd probably be possible to say she's under 45. But I think that's a risk that's a bit too big to take!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@milzibkit, go to UCPA direct to ask? Plenty of reports on here of making it work. You can book direct with them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
UCPA will accept older people any time - you just have to ask. They don't want older folk turning up and then complaining about the noise of the youngsters. But it's up to each centre manager to decide, so ask.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, sounds relatively promising then. Thanks all.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowhead bash would be ideal for your group.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@milzibkit, I went to UCPA Argentiere and Flaine while well over 50, and the other two were well over 40. For some reason then the only place we weren't welcome was Tignes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@milzibkit, contact Action Outdoors directly and they will sort it out with whichever UCPA centre you want to visit.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
While the Action Outdoors website shows only the one holiday, a quick (basic) search of the UCPS French website reveals several.... (for up to the age of 55)

https://www.ucpa.com/sejours/recherche?activity_label=ski-alpin&age_list=50&age_list=25&age_list=50&age_list=25
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent. Thanks everyone!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just to add, most UCPA centres have an age limit of 40 but we've been 3 times during our 40s and just 'adjusted' the dob. Were never questioned once (probably due to my immaturity!) Centres like Chamonix attract older more exprienced adventurers and its common to have people in their 50s. If you want to be sure ask action outdoors to recommend the best centre for your group.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you dont mind the God Squad you could try Richmond holidays or oak-hall. Plenty of joint ski lessons, skiiing together, eating together etc, not much hardcore drinking mind!
Any God quad bits are optional except saying grace - but im always thankful for a hot meal after a good ski! Ive been on a few trips and they often have a few quite a few non Godder's. Age range tends to be very mixed from young to older.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@milzibkit, Where did you end up booking in the end as our group has the same issue. Did UCPA accomodate you all? Thanks!
ski holidays
It was actually a booking for my wife and her friend. Action Outdoors/UCPA wouldn't budge on the age limit and whilst I don't remember ever having to show my passport or DoB at UCPA, she didn't want to risk it this year with the additional Covid checks in place, as we thought it more likely they might notice someone's DoB.

They ended up booking a self-catering package deal through Sunweb. I however booked UCPA again for my trip!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy