Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Cham on saturday, Luton via Geneva... is this right?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Party of 4 off this Saturday, booked months ago, spent the last (seems like forever) couple of months checking here daily for updates/rule changes and real world advice please:

1 of us is flying from Manchester via Jet2, the other 3 from Luton via Easyjet. We have all booked antigen via Excalibur, which i still cant believe pass scrutiny given that you could get literally anyone to do the test for you and upload the result... We are all double vaccinated and boosted, and we all have NHS Covid travel passes which we have added to iphone wallet, screen shot and also pdf printed (belt and braces approach) but am still after some advice please as am struggling to make sense of the various open and now closed threads...

1. Flights out are at 0655 (Manc) and 0700 (Luton), and arrive in Geneva at 0955 and 0945 respectively. I believe this means to pass both French and Swiss regulations, with the former being a test 24 hrs prior to departure, the latter being 24 hours prior to arrival that we have to make sure we do the test Friday after 10am? Has anybody recently used the Excalibur antigen test to actually travel?

2. We need to complete the Swiss electronic passenger locator form: https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular currently only shows up to the 19th so presume that will be open to the 22nd in a few days?

3. We also need to complete the French 'Sworn Statement of Honour' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/130441/1038125/file/14-01-2022-engagement-sur-l-honneur-royaume-uni.pdf of which the French version is the updated one correct?

Anything else I've missed?

Thanking you all very much Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-01-22 11:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Spot on. You could also upload the QR codes to TousAntiCovid to add a corset to the belt and braces if you wanted

2. I would be doing the test at about midday just to be sure (so long as they guarantee the certificate comes back in time). No personal experience of Excalibur.

3. Don't know. Avoiding GVA this year

4. Yes, the 14th Jan version is the current one.

Enjoy the trip!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"..Has anybody recently used the Excalibur antigen test to actually travel?.."

GlasgowCyclops has tested it (but not for travel)

"..EXCALIBUR TEST REVIEW.

Hi all

I've just done a test using the Excalibur test kit.
App easy to use, picture of LFT taken and test confirmed as -ve. Result in the app with QR.

Checked my Gmail and test result emailed instantly with result, QR, test specificity etc.

Very impressed..."
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ukoldschool, just be careful - I specifically asked at passport control at Geneva when we were there before Christmas and the Swiss "24 hours prior to arrival" is in reality 24 hours before you actually have your passport/Swiss PLF QR code/vaccination certificate checked by passport control (many people assume it's their landing time).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah ok that’s good to know, thanks Eh oh!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Worth printing off hard copies of all docs'. Is a lot easier and faster than opening various files on your phone when asked for them.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ukoldschool wrote:
Has anybody recently used the Excalibur antigen test to actually travel?

Yes, multiple times, me & kids, worked seamlessly every time. Survived a very detailed grilling by the French border control at Xmas, who wanted every bit of paperwork for thorough review.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thats great to hear, thank you
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy