Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna Di Campligio

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Anyone been here yet this year ? Are the chairlifts very busy. Have booked to go 19th February. Any other gotchas I should be aware of regarding ski passes / ski hire etc. This is our first venture outside of France so no quite sure what to expect.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Expect fantastic scenery and better value mountain restaurants!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was there in December, so not exactly peak season. In my opinion, the skiing doesn’t really rival the Big french resorts, but price, town and food is miles better. We saw no lift-ques anywhere, but again: Early season!

Would I go again: Absoutely! Plenty of good skiing, but expect a different experience. Prices for beer, food etc. is much better than France.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - has anyone transferred from Bergamo airport - had planned to drive but the nominates driver is getting nervous Eh oh!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@final patsy, skied in Madonna for about 5 half terms and you get some queues at pinch points points but those can be managed. There's some great skiing to be had but none particularly tough. Very good at grooming but some runs get bumpy at end of the day. Well linked around the 3 main areas, link to Folgardia is one of the steeper reds but worth going over, make sure you get full area lift pass. Mountain restaurants and town are great.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
final patsy wrote:
Thanks - has anyone transferred from Bergamo airport - had planned to drive but the nominates driver is getting nervous Eh oh!

I actually transfered from Bergamo. The hotel had a guy they work with, so they fixed us a private transfer for 4 persons + gear for 600 euros. They started higher, but we ended on 600.

Landed in Bergamo and headed straight to the private transfer, so no wait for a rental. We told them that we brought our own skis, and he arrived with a roofbox on the car….. Super guy. On the way back it was snowing, so the driver called us, and told us that we need to go an hour earlier - worth every euro!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just found the guys details: Matteo Armani

Leosarma@hotmail.it

The transfer was actually for 5 people.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've been half a dozen times, always early/mid March up to now. The only bad bottleneck seemed to be the Fortini chair which was replaced with a higher capacity gondola last year.
We've just booked for Jan 22nd with Crystal after cancelling self drive, self catering trip to Flaine, and it's cheaper!
We've always taken our own skis so no personal experience of hire shops but have heard good reports about the place next to the Spinale lift.
Plenty of blues and easy reds for a week, amazing snow making and great food on the mountain. A lovely town with a few nice bars.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did a TR, 1/2 term immediately pre-Covid.

https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3549685&highlight=madonna#3549685

Sounds like Fortini lift has been upgraded since.
The evening meals up the mountain were great, we did 2 and both were great fun. It depends where you are staying which one's are more easily accessible.
There are tricky little sections of 'blue' for the not-confident, at top of Spinale and 5 Laghi gondolas and a fairly steep red back to MdC from Folgarida, with a great view. Lots of easy runs off Pradolago (or Fortini) gondola with nothing tricky for a first run so head there first if you need to.
Very long gondola to Pinzolo, only worth it if going for a whole day really as >20mins each way. I liked the skiing over Folgarida/Marilleva and I went for the area pass but if you ski slowly Madonna only is OK. I think there is an even bigger pass covering other areas eg Passo Tonale etc but you'd need to drive and there's enough in the lift linked area for a week unless you are super-keen. Overall, the runs are generally very long so don't let the piste map convince you it is tiny, it definitely isn't. Avoid run 66 unless you like a long pole-out. It is really flat, especially below Nube d'Argento.
Decent sledge run with cracking views, try it. Nice town. I drove, it was fine but so was the weather. Enjoy!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
we're going in a couple of weeks so this seems like a good thread to ask what apre ski is like this year. We've been a few times before so now the place well but I expect this year to be a bit different.

Also, this year we will have 3 young ladies ca 20 yrs old with us so any experience of any appropriate bars would be welcomed.

@final patsy, we have driven from Venice before and it was fine. Obviously you might get unlucky. Have you seen the transfers on the local website ?
https://www.campigliodolomiti.it/en/pagine/dettaglio/trasportation,119/flyski_shuttle_transfer_from_airports,696.html

if you fill in the form it gives you numerous options from scheduled transfer to private coach.

edit - if you drive then there are two routes to get to MdC via Pinzolo or via Folgarida. IIRC the Folgarida route is less steep so better in bad weather, but double check I got that the right way around.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all - lots of great info / I’ve got a private transfer for 600 early on Saturday so hope to get skiing by afternoon / fingers crossed Eh oh!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, we are heading out on Sat fingers crossed. Any suggestions from those that have been before, for good quick food on the slopes? I'm thinking panini sandwiches/ pizza etc as we're half board. Also very importantly - where does the best vin chaud? Finally I've read somewhere what we have to do a 'sworn statement' to say that we've had no recent covid contacts but can't seem to find this info again??? Any ideas? Many thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I believe the “sworn statement” is a French thing.

Edited to add: you will need to do the EU PLF though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And it’s vin brulé in Italy wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can get decent snacky food pretty much anywhere. We had a good lunchtime pizza at the Hungry Wolf in the town centre. You can leave your skis at the bottom of the Miramonte piste and walk about 20 metres.

Ristorante Zalandria is decent and by the piste. Rifugio Boch was recommended by some of our group who grabbed a pizza and enjoyed it.

Enjoy your trip.
ski holidays
@richb67, thanks I'll make a note of those. @final patsy, good luck on your transfer. I'm looking forwards to vin brule @agw forms all done now
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy