Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb Half Term: France or Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Snowheads (first timer here so be gentle), advice please. I am driving down for Feb Half Term (usually go at Xmas so Feb + Covid is new to us). Currently booked a hotel at La Thuile as I presumed in Feb half term in Italy would be cheaper and quieter than France. However, now France are letting us in and driving through to Italy presents even more Covid admin headaches (2 countries not 1) I am thinking about driving to a quiet French resort like Serre Chevalier.

Anyone got any advice on the merits of how busy each of those resorts will be at this time of year?

PS Leaving after school on the Friday and planning on staying the night half way in France hence the additional Covid admin of testing twice (24 hr rule) for France and Italy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are doing this too, but to Pila.
I haven’t worked out the Covid logistics yet, including how my 12 year old 1 jab plus event Covid is going to get in
However will say Italy is lots quieter in half term, cheaper and def worth it. It’s not Italian holiday time so lots quieter
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hoping to make it to aosta and will ski pila 2-3 days and mix it up at the other areas.

It was pretty quiet 2 years ago but get the impression on here that more may go from uk (fly) due to late opening up of France.

It was great value in terms of food and drinks. Ski hire and lift pass similar to France.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MHskier, That's also our plan. Not booked accommodation yet but not sure what difference it's going to make with the Aosta Valle going orange. We were hoping to get the 6 day pass for La Thuile then two away days in Courmayeur and Pila, but looking at the La Thuile website and its says they are restricting the number of ski passes. We have flights booked to Turin so another option might be to drive to Serre Chevalier which we have done before, but I think our half term clashes with Marseille holidays, so I anticipate it will be busier than usual this half term.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
February half term when given the choice I would always choose Italy. Queues mostly no existent, prices much better etc etc. I'd second Aosta, big fan of La Thuile.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only trouble with aosta when we went half term was it was full of school trips from the uk, prices for the wk was acfair bit cheaper than France though
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

February half term when given the choice I would always choose Italy

This, though might be crowded at weekends if the weather is nice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
True, but we've never found that a huge problem once you get away from the bottom lifts.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We live in Serre Chevalier (France) and I'm currently planning on getting out of Dodge for at least one High Season week to Italy, and we're not the only Brits considering doing the same, so that should tell you something!

The only downside is the snow is not brilliant in the Piemonte but hopefully will change.

Via Lattea, Sestrierre / Oulx / Bardonecchia not too bad, bit like here.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy