Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Antigen tests for Easyjet flights to Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is been asked many times before.

I'm flying to Geneva on Saturday and still confused on which antigen test I'll need to fly out- Either at home paid for test or at a test centre. I've tried speaking to easyjet and they are no use what so ever.

I've purchaced the fit to fly antigen at home tests via chromatics. Will this be ok or should I book a test slot to have one done at the airport to be safe?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.gva.ch/en/Site/Passagers/Preparation-voyage/COVID-19/Formalites-Coronavirus-arrivee
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-924144951

or ask the airline
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
should be ok, provided your arrival is within the 24hour window, perhaps make that 23hrs just in case.

'On entry to Switzerland: On entering Switzerland, everyone aged 16 and over must be able to show the negative result of a PCR test (performed no more than 72 hours prior to entry) or a rapid antigen test (performed no more than 24 hours previously). Anyone unable to present a valid negative test, must take a test immediately on arrival (PCR or rapid antigen test).'
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, this is what I've read but I've heard some horror stories of easyjet turning people away with home test fit to fly certs. I'm thinking to just turn up a good few hours early and ask check in, so if they dont accept it I can get another test done before check in opens.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flew with easyJet from Birmingham to Geneva on Boxing Day, we purchased the boots at home lateral flow tests (not the free NHS ones) and they were absolutely no problem. To be honest the check in agent really only glanced at the certificates and I didn’t even print them off, just had them on my phone. I think as long as it’s a test you have paid for and produces a certificate, you are good! Have a lovely holiday and I hope all goes smoothly for you Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@james_c,

You also need to complete the Swiss Passenger Locator Form (online) before you fly out to Geneva.

https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular

In the form if you are only travelling through to France you select "Transit" option.

You also complete a paper copy of the French "Health Declaration".
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
welshflyer wrote:
@james_c,

You also need to complete the Swiss Passenger Locator Form (online) before you fly out to Geneva.

https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular

In the form if you are only travelling through to France you select "Transit" option.

You also complete a paper copy of the French "Health Declaration".

Another stupid question but what if you are looking to join the digital society & don't have a printer
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
james_c wrote:
Cheers, this is what I've read but I've heard some horror stories of easyjet turning people away with home test fit to fly certs. I'm thinking to just turn up a good few hours early and ask check in, so if they dont accept it I can get another test done before check in opens.

I thought Swiss dont accept verified home samples & only a test administered by a professional?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sheffsnow91 wrote:
Flew with easyJet from Birmingham to Geneva on Boxing Day, we purchased the boots at home lateral flow tests (not the free NHS ones) and they were absolutely no problem. To be honest the check in agent really only glanced at the certificates and I didn’t even print them off, just had them on my phone. I think as long as it’s a test you have paid for and produces a certificate, you are good! Have a lovely holiday and I hope all goes smoothly for you Very Happy

What about passport control in Geneva, how were they with the documents please? I've got some Excalibur tests as recommended by others on this forum but I'm not sure if they provide a certificate as such or just a qr code saying your negative and I'm worried it may not be accepted by the Swiss authorities, so I may just a different test from Qured instead.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had no problems and I can’t imagine a QR code will be an issue. Boots email you a certificate to download but it’s not particularly official looking. I just showed it on my phone and they were happy. Relatives of ours did exactly the same and joined us a few days later, they were also fine.

When you fill in the passenger locator form above, you also get a QR code, so again I just showed my phone. No need to print, just make sure your phone is well charged!

If you wanted real peace of mind, it might be worth getting to the airport early like you say and just booking an antigen test there, saw lots of people doing that at Birmingham and all seemed to be a very slick operation.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flew Edinburgh to Geneva a week ago.

Easyjet staff checked our Randox test certificates (LFTs done at home, scanned into the Randox app, certificate emailed back within a few seconds) and the Swiss PLFs when we checked in our bags. We had paper copies, not sure if they would have been fine with copies on phones.

At Geneva immigration, the 3 of us in our party all had slightly different experiences (we went through separately). I only showed my passport, wasn't asked to show anything else. Daughter was asked if she had a PLF and a vaccine passport, but didn't have to show either (perhaps the border guard had seen that she had a bit of paper with a QR code on it). Son was asked if he had a PLF. None of us were asked to show the LFT certificate.

On the return to Edinburgh on Saturday, check-in staff asked to see our UK PLFs and vaccine passports. Phones were fine with this (fortunately, as we had no access to a printer while skiing).

All very smooth!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Sheffsnow91, & @chart_monkey_neil, thanks that's reassuring, I'm getting nervous as there's very little room for contingency should any problems arise. I am however staying in a Heathrow hotel the night before so I could always try getting one done there if the two different tests I have cause me concern.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm flying to Geneva on Thursday morning with EJ from Birmingham. If I have any issues will post on here. I just have the same DIY LFT's that I've used on previous visits to France
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@james_c, I used Chronomics LFT kits for easyJet flight Edinburgh to Geneva yesterday with no problems.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flown in and out of Geneva over the last 12 days; Testing for All home lateral flow test certificate (printed ) was perfectly acceptable to EasyJet and the Swiss immigration official.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the feedback

now to hope I dont get covid over the next 5 days as sods law its going around the kids school at the moment
latest report
For the Covid tests.
Check-in UK EasyJet they just check what you have has your passport number and that the test validity dates are correct. And that it is signed by Doctor/looks official. I haven’t seen anyone scanning test barcodes on the flights I’ve taken.

At the Geneva end it’s the same. The pile of crap I saw people presenting at the passport window is amazing. They will check same thing. Test is for you. Has your passport number. Test type and that the time stamp is valid.

Haven’t done France via GVA but for CH you need to have done the PLF. When you complete that it sends you an email with a barcode. I’ve shown that on my phone nobody scanned that barcode either.

Medicspot do the self tests (29 quid kits) with results cert in less than an hour usually. I’ve used those on several international flights never an issue.

Of course now no need for fit to fly on return either. Very Happy
ski holidays
I flew to Geneva on Saturday just gone. Used Chronomics for the test and had no issues.
latest report
Excalibur states they dont include passport number...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy