Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feedback on Covid enforcement experience - useful info.

Poster: A snowHead
zikomo wrote:
@greengriff, Please stop. This is a useful thread. Your posts are irrelevant to its purpose. And clearly offensive to many, including me. Surely you can find somewhere more appropriate to air your views?

I will stop throwing back the moment that people stop throwing at me!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok... troll alert.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I come here hoping to be kept up to date with the subject of the title, as I am traveling next weekend.

Instead, I find very few on topic posts, and those that are would barely fill 1/2 page. This would make simple reading.

Instead this thread, like others has been hijacked into arguements regarding vaccinations.
Whilst I agree that this other topic may be relevant for discussion, This is not the thread for it.
There are numerous other threads where such contributions can and have been made.

If you can't stay on topic, please b*gger off to the other threads.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@greengriff, oh well. I tried.

You were the first to take this off-topic. In all sorts of irrelevant ways.
You made some very offensive comments, and when this was politely pointed out to you, you doubled down by posting more offensive content.
You have then attacked anyone who has disagreed with you or expressed upset at what you have written, no matter how polite their posts were.

I do not deny your right to say offensive things, that is the price worth paying for a free society. I merely suggested that you would be better off doing so elsewhere

And BTW if you have the right to say offensive things, and value that right, you should understand that others also have the right to challenge you for the offence you cause. It is fairly typical behaviour of those who justify offensive attitudes and statements by claiming it is their "right" to then decry any criticism, and fail to recognise that with rights come responsibilities.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@brianatab, To be fair there are numerous other threads where the headline subject could be discussed. Why did we need another one?
As such, it could be argued that the OP started an unnecessary thread and then appeared to deliberately derail it to spout both xenophobia and anti-vax views.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zikomo wrote:
@greengriff, oh well. I tried.

You were the first to take this off-topic. In all sorts of irrelevant ways.
You made some very offensive comments, and when this was politely pointed out to you, you doubled down by posting more offensive content.
You have then attacked anyone who has disagreed with you or expressed upset at what you have written, no matter how polite their posts were.

I do not deny your right to say offensive things, that is the price worth paying for a free society. I merely suggested that you would be better off doing so elsewhere

And BTW if you have the right to say offensive things, and value that right, you should understand that others also have the right to challenge you for the offence you cause. It is fairly typical behaviour of those who justify offensive attitudes and statements by claiming it is their "right" to then decry any criticism, and fail to recognise that with rights come responsibilities.

We'll have to disagree about what constitutes polite. Unfortunately people are too easily offended by mere words. It would be better in my view if they were offended by war, state coercion and violations of their freedoms and human dignity, but that all seems to be cool, as long as you don't say naughty things. BTW I've not talked about any 'rights' of mine, only the rights of the Austrians having their arms twisted to be vaccinated. Also calling out the occasional Germanic cultural tendency towards authoritarianism isn't xenophobic. Given half a chance, it seems that a very large percentage of Britons would love it too! Lastly I'm not anti-vax (I've had it). I just have empathy for the refuseniks.

Hey maybe I should be 'offended' at being labelled with these mean words! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Again just click the + beside Greengriff's profile name and ignore them. Then when people stop responding to the posts the problem disappears
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NoMapNoCompass, Give it a rest! You've had 16 posts, 3 of them are the same.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@MorningGory - fair enough then, if you're happy to condone someone posting racist/sectarian xenophobic nonsense and false information about vaccines that is okay
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
@MorningGory - fair enough then, if you're happy to condone someone posting racist/sectarian xenophobic nonsense and false information about vaccines that is okay

Guilt by association. Quick, you'd better denounce me good and hard @MorningGory or you must be a secret sympathiser!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is genuinely useful - at least I thought so...
I found a gov website which shows an exmaple NHS Covid Pass Letter and tells you what each barcode is. click HERE

As someone hoping to go away with 2 x 12-15 year olds at 1/2 term to Italy,I'm assuming that this will be enough to get them a super green pass.

(url text: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1007474/covid-19-vaccination-status-what-your-confirmation-letter-tells-you-easy-read.pdf)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jma, Thanks, interesting post. Lots of useful information like this to be had. I am particularly interested in real life experiences regarding this topic.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First request for ID in the Arlberg today - at the self service restaurant behind S1 at the Salober ski area. The guy checking was satisfied with an image of my passport on my phone.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jma wrote:
I found a gov website which shows an exmaple NHS Covid Pass Letter and tells you what each barcode is. click HERE

As someone hoping to go away with 2 x 12-15 year olds at 1/2 term to Italy,I'm assuming that this will be enough to get them a super green pass.

(url text: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1007474/covid-19-vaccination-status-what-your-confirmation-letter-tells-you-easy-read.pdf)

I didn't read the document you linked, but it's worth reading these FAQs about taking your kids to Italy and the requirements for qualification for the super green pass: Green Pass FAQs
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jma wrote:

The link in your post did not work for me -- but this one does ( thanks for posting something genuinely UseFul........)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1007474/covid-19-vaccination-status-what-your-confirmation-letter-tells-you-easy-read.pdf
snow report
DJL wrote:
I’ll let you know about online PDS passes later. Bought today’s in the “Flash Sale” so I wonder what will happen at first lift.

No check before internet bought passes became active in Chatel. No interest in masks in queues or on lifts (chair, drag). Pass checked in restaurant for lunch. TAC, paper print of nhs and download of nhs pass all worked fine.
snow report
@adithorp, Thanks, I hadn't actually looked at who started the thread Embarassed before it got derailed.
snow conditions
Bardonecchia - Italy. No restaurant has asked for our super green pass, carefully curated on our phones so far. Masks worn when going inside restaurants and bars and walking around hotel. On the day of our arrival, I nipped out to do an hour’s skiing and the local Police were in force on the entrance sections to the base area, enforcing the wearing of fffp2 masks. This was at the weekend when hordes of Italians from Turin come skiing. But during the week, virtually no enforcement except at the base lift. If you can get hold of the “flat face fffp2” masks, these are easier to keep tucked under your chin ready to pull up when necessary (I found attaching the mask directly to the helmet had more of a faff element than I was expecting).
As an aside, the Police ARE out and about, lurking up-mountain ready to catch speed skiers with an on-the-spot fine, delivered in a no-nonsense manner!
The super green pass was just checked on arrival at our hotel, that’s it. Will be using a resort bus tomorrow so will be interesting to see what the driver asks for then…
snow report
@Pamski, I hope you are enjoying Maria Alm, there’s a lovely lunch stop, bit tricky to find it’s called the Gramler hutte or something similar, at the top of the main gondola in the village you then walk through a wood to get to it, lovely food and views, assuming it’s still there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy