Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire - 24hr Free cancellation ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Most of the car hire brokers ie:Opodo , Holiday Autos etc offer Free cancellation upto 24hrs before collection
Has anyone recently cancelled their booking and how did the refund go .

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have cancelled a few recently. Some refund was instant some took a while. They refunded back to the original payment method.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used Autoeurope.com in December. 48 hours notice of cancellation.

There was no online cancellation. It was when Geneva was closed.

I had to wait in a phone queue for 20 mins it was cancelled no problem, full refund.

Planing to cancel my second boooking in Jan for Italy for Birthday Bash as now it looks like we Brits can drive through Germany.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I requested cancellation on 30th Nov, full refund on 1st Dec.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Auto Europe have been excellent. Another booking made directly with Europcar who have been dragging their heels, apparently '21 working days'. Not quite sure why given everyone else is within 3 or 4.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Autoeurope were great with me. Europcar pulled a sly move and took 18 months to refund me (they used a French rule about the pandemic despite my booking being with their English company) Whilst I got my money back I felt it was a little bit of a mean spirited move.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have cancelled several car hire bookings with Holiday Autos and got refunded almost immediately. Refund requests were completed online, in one case it was about 7 hours before the booking was due to start so we paid a late cancellation fee of £40.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats good to Know
Hopefully my Mayrhofen trip Via Munich goes ahead in March
So may book the car now ,if the cancellation is that straight forward
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had recent 2 bookings which I cancelled with rentalcars.com quite close to one another, one was refunded quickly (within a few days) the other I am still waiting on getting on for a month. The second was from Geneva just after the Swiss quarantine requirements were brought in for Omicron when I guess they would have been having a lot of cancellations. I reckon its a manual process the timing of which they manipulate for their own purposes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Europcar still b@ggering around six weeks after I cancelled. Credit card chargeback initiated this morning.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy