Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing during Covid

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A week before the annual ski holiday and we are usually buzzing about getting onto the slopes. This time we are walking on eggshells and paranoid about coming into contact with anyone who might even remotely have Covid symptoms! Taking a PCR next Saturday before flying to Austria on Sunday is a real heart in mouth situation we are dreading!!

Anyone else feeling like this?!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had the same thing with our trip just before Christmas. All you can do is minimise your risks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Exactly the same before the 29th. Can’t get excited for fear of being the one who gets +ve test!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yup, I'm pretty much self isolating now, pcr on Thursday and hopefully flight on Saturday!! I had covid just before Christmas, and hoping you can't catch it again so quickly, but not taking any chances this week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same same. Stopped going to the gym (any excuse), pubs and restaurants - essential shopping trips for food, medication and stuff for ski trip only. LFTs every couple of days just to be sure. Roll on Saturday, 22/1!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know what you mean although we booked ours on the 13th and left on the 15th.

Tbh (France) most people seem pretty good even in lift queues. At least my skis don’t get skied across by idiots. In the main we’ve been able to get on chairlifts and bubbles alone. Although a couple of times today people got on. But everyone is masked (ish) in lift queues and indoor spaces.

We are self catering so essentially it is supermarket and skiing that’s it. We’ve eaten outside but it’s not terribly busy. So you’ll be fine
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a good point, how are you approaching this on an individual basis?

As an example we're off to Corvara on the 29th, both my wife and I are triple jabbed and have recovered from Covid. Both have taken part in an enhanced screening program for the NHS and have antibodies developed from natural immunity and the vaccines. My parents (73yrs) are in a similar boat having recovered this last week and are triple jabbed.

Chances of us catching it again are minimal but I may take some sensible precautions prior to traveling.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kennyboyo wrote:
Same same. Stopped going to the gym (any excuse), pubs and restaurants - essential shopping trips for food, medication and stuff for ski trip only. LFTs every couple of days just to be sure. Roll on Saturday, 22/1!

I'm the oposite with the gym, skiing was my only incentive to keep fit. Each time there is a glimer of going I'm back to the gym Very Happy

Normally I ski in early Jan so spend most of december hiting refresh on the the weather and snow conditions. This year I'm doing the same but on the covid cases, foreign policy sites and UK covid news Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dklemm wrote:
Kennyboyo wrote:

I'm the oposite with the gym, skiing was my only incentive to keep fit. Each time there is a glimer of going I'm back to the gym Very Happy

Normally I ski in early Jan so spend most of december hiting refresh on the the weather and snow conditions. This year I'm doing the same but on the covid cases, foreign policy sites and UK covid news Sad

The snow is fab and you could get a late deal in France. Look for self catering to reduce the opportunities to mix with people
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lucywuk wrote:
dklemm wrote:
Kennyboyo wrote:

The snow is fab and you could get a late deal in France. Look for self catering to reduce the opportunities to mix with people

I'm traveling with kids so at the moment just trying to get anywhere that will let them ski Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tbh I wouldn’t go with kids. It’s too flipping confusing. I think I’d wait if you can face it. It’s easier with 2 filled vaccinated adults
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy