Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A warning to all , so sad , accident in Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
greengriff wrote:
As a parent of young children, reading this is just crushing. Thinking, I wonder what the options are? Mixing large numbers of people of very different skill levels and very different goals for their skiing is clearly fundamentally risky. It's truly remarkable that there aren't more stories like this.

I'm just throwing random ideas out there, so don't be too harsh on me: What about segregated 'expert' slopes, where kids are banned and adults accept the risk of accidents? It would only need to be one red or black in a resort, perfectly possible in the large mega-resorts, but perhaps less practical in a small resort. Or 'expert' times (e.g. 8am to 8.30am) where people can go as crazy as they wish?

It is crushing indeed - the bottom line is that this bloke took a liberty on a slope that regularly has classes on it and as I say above, there should be no forgiveness for him........but also, anyone else that has sped around a class of kids without due diligence. They have as much right to be there as any of us.
There is plenty of room and other opportunities to let rip in that area with respect for others.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
greengriff wrote:
As a parent of young children, reading this is just crushing. Thinking, I wonder what the options are? Mixing large numbers of people of very different skill levels and very different goals for their skiing is clearly fundamentally risky. It's truly remarkable that there aren't more stories like this.

I'm just throwing random ideas out there, so don't be too harsh on me: What about segregated 'expert' slopes, where kids are banned and adults accept the risk of accidents? It would only need to be one red or black in a resort, perfectly possible in the large mega-resorts, but perhaps less practical in a small resort. Or 'expert' times (e.g. 8am to 8.30am) where people can go as crazy as they wish?

This already happens. Steep and icy black pistes have many less speed freaks skiing beyond their ability or faster than others than blue slopes have. Off-piste that is even more the case.

Many resorts have an early ski option where you pay a bit more to get on the lifts early. Ideal for experts who want to have a blast. I often take advantage of this as it is really the only time you can really carve properly at pace.

There are already nursery slopes, in many resorts these are separated from the main slopes.

What is lacking is enforcement of basic standards on pistes in general. In most other sports dangerous behaviours which are against the rules of that sport are sanctioned. And in lots of more individual sports there is a culture of peer pressure and willingness to intervene when individuals are seen to behave in ways inconsistent with the spirit of the sport.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very very sad indeed, life is precious and to lose one so young is heartbreaking … I can’t begin to understand how the family must be feeling … perhaps this thread should be moved to the Apres section which does not turn up on searches ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
zikomo wrote:

This already happens. Steep and icy black pistes have many less speed freaks skiing beyond their ability or faster than others than blue slopes have. Off-piste that is even more the case.

Many resorts have an early ski option where you pay a bit more to get on the lifts early. Ideal for experts who want to have a blast. I often take advantage of this as it is really the only time you can really carve properly at pace.

There are already nursery slopes, in many resorts these are separated from the main slopes.

What is lacking is enforcement of basic standards on pistes in general. In most other sports dangerous behaviours which are against the rules of that sport are sanctioned. And in lots of more individual sports there is a culture of peer pressure and willingness to intervene when individuals are seen to behave in ways inconsistent with the spirit of the sport.

Yes, that's a good point actually. There is a kind of natural segregation by terrain. Dealing with the unsegregated (i.e. reds and blue where you're likely to find people making tottering slow turns mixing it up with the hometown heroes straightlining down one edge) is the 800lb gorilla that needs tackling. I've never seen that early ski option. What a great idea.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is so sad.

Having kids of similar age I cant imagine what the family are going through. Saying goodbye to your kids in the morning expecting to pick them up at lunch after a fun morning and the worse happens is just awful.

I skied with my kids earlier this year it was noticeable the number of close calls on the slopes not just with the kids but ourselves also. We had two ski instructors through the week comment about close calls (also they both also caught up with the people to point it out which was good to hear!). I do wonder if this is partly due to pent up demand with people hitting slopes after a lack of skiing, possibly mean standards have dropped. Though any responsible adult should give a ski school/learner or nervous skier a wide berth on a beginner slope so no excuse really.

I wonder if there is some redesign needed to ski resorts, beginner areas are often market as such but are so often not - Val d'isere as an example up on Solaise has a beginner area with the Madeline run but at the end of the day you have to come down part of it from the Datcha lift which hardly helps the situation as it basically becomes an end of day home run. Likewise the carpet lift runs are openings to the whole of Solaise. I've been in many resorts with similar set ups.

I cycle and run often and etiquette when overtaking is a friendly call 'on the left/right' and is always welcome as you know to hold your line or move across a bit. Not saying that would work in this situation but noticeable that it rarely happens on the slopes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
therock wrote:

I cycle and run often and etiquette when overtaking is a friendly call 'on the left/right' and is always welcome as you know to hold your line or move across a bit. Not saying that would work in this situation but noticeable that it rarely happens on the slopes.

A whole different can of annelids there - for everyone who considers it a basic courtesy there will be another claiming it amounts to a bulling "out of my way" or will send a timid person into an uncontrollable panic (I do it when I think it is useful for them to know).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
greengriff wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@greengriff, or segregated kids slopes called the bunny hill or nursery area which most resorts actually have? I know the counterpoint is how dare anyone suggest restricting kids and families from the whole mountain but reality is dickheads don't keep themselves to a designated expert slope (for starters its too bruising to the ego of a typical blue run hero to feel a bit of fear) and they still need to get down the mountain for lunch or at the end of the day etc.

Fair points. I should have made myself clearer sorry: by 'expert slopes' I didn't mean that they were the only ones people inclined to go fast on could use. I meant that they were provided as a place for you to go hell for leather on in exchange for you agreeing not to do so on a crowded blue.

Even alleghe (not exactly a large resort) had timer setups, with gates to see how fast you could go. (I seem to remember Ronald demonstrating how much quicker he can ski gates than me, especially given slalom vs all mountain skis (n.b. I fully expect he would still be faster if we had swapped skis...))

I expect most of the 'experts' flying through aren't actually experts, hence them going fast on blues rather than going and finding gates etc (where they are far, far slower...)

Generally I expect most of us could point at a ski map and make good guesses of which runs are likely to have beginners on, due to a combination of access and difficulty. Certainly in most places you will have determined where within a day or two; Unfortunately beginner areas have to be reachable; they can't put them out of the way because they need to be on lifts with direct access to the resorts;
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
therock wrote:

A whole different can of annelids there - for everyone who considers it a basic courtesy there will be another claiming it amounts to a bulling "out of my way" or will send a timid person into an uncontrollable panic (I do it when I think it is useful for them to know).

I guess so but if everyone did it or it was expected then it wouldn't be a surprise. Anyway, reading about this incident I'm not sure it would have helped.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I remember an incident over 30 years ago, just above Plagne Soleil. The young teenage Son, of a Father that had come out with Crystal (same as us), was standing off the side of the Piste (on the "Off Piste") above the village. As he waited there, a group of "weekender" French older Teenagers slammed into him, breaking both his legs....and then skied away. He was helicoptered to hospital and there was a Police investigation the following day.

I suspect the culprits weren't caught, as they did a disappearing act.

I know he was older than the poor child in the awful incident in Flaine - but it brought home just how dangerous the actions of reckless skiers can be.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Although the segregation idea is practically flawed, what about enforcing a 'level' license so to speak. So may people do 2 weeks on Tamworth/Hemel and then never have another lesson . . .I'd hazard a guess that some of these are an accident waiting to happen.

I always get a lesson (or clinic which sounds better!) or two most trips and have been skiing since I was a kid - what if everyone did a regular annual ski school 'test' at the outset of their holiday and prior to lift pass purchase to ascertain their actual ability; this could be colour coded to either 'enforce' additional lessons and/or perhaps limit specific ski areas based on that ability . . .with today's tech this could be more than possible . . .it could also be linked to insurance purchase if perceived too stiff - ie. you could shortcut levels or access at previously curtailed times but only after paying a heavy local premium . .

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 17-01-22 16:12; edited 5 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is an absolute tragedy and I can only imagine the family's pain and anger.

A similar incident happened to my son but without it resulting in a casualty. An out of control boarder crashed through the middle of my then five year old son's ski school group (in a slow zone). The instructor remonstrated with him but he got up and tried to leave. The instructor was relatively small ... but, fortunately, I'm large. I took his board and told him I was going to deliver it to the ski school and tell them to only return it the next day. However, when I took it there, whilst they thanked me they also said that if he demanded it back there was nothing they would be able to do.

So, I'm very glad that Alastair Pink raises the FIS skiing rules.

I was discussing this with friends and my, now grown, daughter only last weekend. I have the feeling that, in the past, the rules were much more widely promoted and known. In many resorts the rules were printed on the back of the ski passes for example. I certainly drummed them into my children when they were young.

I think we need more ski patrols and I think it should be a contractual part of buying a lift pass that you agree to the enforcement of those rules. Most people seem to be completely oblivious ... I see people stopping in the middle of pistes, starting without bothering to look up, flying down a Black piste in a snowplough completely out of control and many other dangerous violations. I think that if the rules were clearly stated and enforced it would go a long way to improving safety.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yellow Snow wrote:
... the bottom line is that this bloke took a liberty on a slope that regularly has classes on it and as I say above, there should be no forgiveness for him...

If you know what happened, then your witness statement would presumably be with the police, and you'd certainly not be passing judgement.
On the other hand if you know little more than the rest of us, would it not be more sensible to avoid speculation?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some quite interesting and alternative views on this thread regarding up hill skiers and down hill skiers etc.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=151585&highlight=blue+run
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
greengriff wrote:

I'm going to force myself to be polite because you admit you haven't thought this through but it isn't sensible (or I think legally practical) to give people carte blanche to recklessly endanger other people. In case it isn't obvious I've written that with a boat load of British understatement.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
philwig wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:
... the bottom line is that this bloke took a liberty on a slope that regularly has classes on it and as I say above, there should be no forgiveness for him...

If you know what happened, then your witness statement would presumably be with the police, and you'd certainly not be passing judgement.
On the other hand if you know little more than the rest of us, would it not be more sensible to avoid speculation?

Try reading the whole post clever clogs....ffs
snow report
Yellow Snow wrote:
philwig wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:

Try reading the whole post clever clogs or the one above it....ffs

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 17-01-22 18:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Yellow Snow wrote:
philwig wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:

He's right though. For all you, I or any of us know, the guy could have been skiing along in a perfectly reasonable manner when his binding popped off because the shop wound them down when servicing due to a mistake on the DIN part of the form you have to fill in (yes, that actually happens) causing him to veer over 5 metres and crash. Sure it's unlikely, but it is possible, and premature judgements don't help anyone, no matter how understandable it is during events as sad as this.

Poor child, RIP.

Edit: also deleted the bit Yellow Snow deleted

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 17-01-22 18:07; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:
philwig wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:

You are probably one of these c**ts that can do no wrong wherever he skis.

He's right though. For all you, I or any of us know, the guy could have been skiing along in a perfectly reasonable manner when his binding popped off because the shop wound them down due to a mistake on the DIN part of the form you have to fill in (yes, that actually happens) causing him to veer over 5 metres and crash. Sure it's unlikely, but it is possible, and premature judgements don't help anyone, no matter how understandable it is during events as sad as this.

Poor child, RIP.

That is a fair point actually - unlikely but in worst case scenario, plausible

I have deleted the unfair comment back - we all feel sad about this.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 17-01-22 18:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@jedster, quite. And anyway, how could they police it? As in, who gets to go on them?

I'm quite in favour of the north american system of at least having the bunny slopes and lower home runs speed patrolled. Not always practical in all areas but appears to work pretty well where I've seen it.
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
Some quite interesting and alternative views on this thread regarding up hill skiers and down hill skiers etc.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=151585&highlight=blue+run

My opinion on this is that it is similar to some road rules; I would argue checking uphill before pulling away is similar to a pedestrian checking for turning vehicles before stepping out on a side road; Pedestrians should check, but rule 170 still makes it the drivers fault if a collision subsequently occurs.

Several complains in that thread are predictable;

It is extremely common for groups to follow the leader; If the first skier pulls off then everyone in the group is going to follow one at a time without checking uphill (not always, but often enough that if I am approaching from above I should assume and allow for this).

The bigger a group gets the more likely someone will start 'without looking'; Often they also start from somewhere I can't see clearly and have a run up before I see them because the rest of the group is in the way (so possibly did check) This means giving more room for bigger groups.

While I do think some ski school groups are too big; generally I don't have a problem with the instructor using the whole slope; it does get annoying when the tail is then crossing 3+ times on a wide section (let alone narrower bits) and haven't been taught how to stop correctly (depending on conditions above or below the lead skier at the edge of the piste (with some exceptions, e.g. around signage; I often stop BELOW slow barriers) to leave most of the width for people to pass rather than a horizontal blockage). However being annoyed at having to slow down or stop doesn't justify questionable attempts to squeeze past (let alone outright dangerous ones).

I have seen people complain about snowboarders laying down to mess with bindings in daft locations, but I have also seen people who have fallen and had wind knocked out stopped in similar locations; The snowboarder may be being daft, but it is still fully the fault of the uphill skier/border in a collision as it could just as easily be someone who has fallen; even on the flat, bad luck can result in significant injury (and a twisted ankle can mean not being able to stand)
snow report
jedster wrote:

I'm going to force myself to be polite because you admit you haven't thought this through but it isn't sensible (or I think legally practical) to give people carte blanche to recklessly endanger other people. In case it isn't obvious I've written that with a boat load of British understatement.

People are already recklessly endangering other people. Marshalling it into somewhere where the participants are all willing volunteers would be a step up in my view. As an analogy I'm not too keen on people walking along the high street punching strangers in the face, but I'm quite happy for them to go into a boxing ring and take their chances with someone else who wants it too.
snow report
Quote:

People are already recklessly endangering other people. Marshalling it into somewhere where the participants are all willing volunteers would be a step up in my view.

Are you actually suggesting assigning a part of the hill where the Skier Code doesn’t exist?
I really don’t think that is a clever idea (I’m showing @jedster, levels of politeness here too)
snow conditions
All these stories have reminded me of the last time I skied in 2020. A boy, had to be around 10 or so, skiing completely out of control down a blue run littered with ski school groups. He almost took me out after skiing across the back of my skis, coming from no where & basically then rampaged through a kids ski school group, sending them flying in all directions.

Both me & another passing instructor went after him, who by that time had rejoined his parents (I think they were Italians in an Italian resort). I didn’t hold back in letting them know what I thought of his behaviour & their lack of care in being bothered about what he was up to. I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry on the slopes or off, I’m not normally one to raise my voice, preferring mediation rather than confrontation. I just don’t get why you’d take your precious child skiing then just let them loose, seemingly without a care - or lessons.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t still mentally scarred by my outburst Laughing
ski holidays
dode wrote:
Quote:

People are already recklessly endangering other people. Marshalling it into somewhere where the participants are all willing volunteers would be a step up in my view.

Are you actually suggesting assigning a part of the hill where the Skier Code doesn’t exist?
I really don’t think that is a clever idea (I’m showing @jedster, levels of politeness here too)

I'm thinking rollerball. I'm buying my spiked armour as I type.
snow report
greengriff wrote:
jedster wrote:

People are already recklessly endangering other people. Marshalling it into somewhere where the participants are all willing volunteers would be a step up in my view. As an analogy I'm not too keen on people walking along the high street punching strangers in the face, but I'm quite happy for them to go into a boxing ring and take their chances with someone else who wants it too.

Many areas will have a race course set up if you want to go quickly. A boxing ring is a structure place with referees and rules I am not sure I have ever seen it suggested that you should have bars where brawls are encouraged and legal.
snow conditions
dode wrote:
Quote:

No. Think of track days vs driving on the road.
ski holidays
T Bar wrote:
A boxing ring is a structure place with referees and rules I am not sure I have ever seen it suggested that you should have bars where brawls are encouraged and legal.

That would still be way, way better than people running down the high street swinging their fists and occasionally connecting with the faces of people minding their own business.
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:

I've discussed this very point on Facebook with Charlotte Swift (Easiski) who is based in Les Deux Alpes. Apparently a few years ago at some French ski resort the pisteurs removed the lift pass from someone who was skiing dangerously, and being a lawyer he took them to court and won his case against them. Apparently the court ruled that as he had paid for the lift pass it was his property and the lift company had no right to remove it from him. It seems that it's not only in British Law that in the words of Dickens ""The law is a ass—an idiot." Sad

The normal way around that is to print on the card that it "remains the property of". A quick check shows that 2018 and 2020 Les Deux Alpes passes don't say that. Second putting my BOFH hat on, in the days of hands free lift passes there is no need to actually remove the pass, you simply disable the card. If fact you don't even need to see the card to know which card to disable Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
greengriff wrote:
T Bar wrote:
A boxing ring is a structure place with referees and rules I am not sure I have ever seen it suggested that you should have bars where brawls are encouraged and legal.

That would still be way, way better than people running down the high street swinging their fists and occasionally connecting with the faces of people minding their own business.

People are not doing that though in general and if you were to introduce such a bar there is nothing to suggest that people would decrease the rate at which they were doing it.
There already exists in most places the opportunity to go on a race- course should you wish to avail yourself of the pleasure of going quickly.
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
achilles wrote:
The accident in the OP is horrific. I think the French should legislate to allow effective slope monitoring.

Agreed. All (?) it takes is a change to French Law. And as regards other Alpine ski countries (e.g Austria, Switzerland and Italy) if they don't already have the authority to remove lift passes from dangerous skiers then similar legislative changes would be welcome.

In Italy today, a skier (proficient, skied from a child, but too fast) was fined €50 on the spot for too-fast skiing. He is staying at our hotel and that’s how I heard about it. There are Italian police in various spots on the mountain here, so…… personally, I feel taking young skiers like this to one side and speaking to them about the dangers as well as the fact a little girl got killed two days ago by an out-of-control skier/too fast, then getting their personal details and if caught again, they would lose their lift pass, would be effective. Even more effective would be a clause on the t&c’s of purchasing a lift pass, the right for it to be forfeited if the holder is found to being skiing out-of-control/too fast or inappropriately for the grade of piste. So police or ski patrol can then legitimately remove the lift pass straightaway, as I think is done in the USA.
My heart goes out to the family of this little girl, it is tragic.
snow conditions
@Kimski44, interesting. Are the slopes busy? I'd be somewhat miffed if some random carabinieri decided I was "too fast" on an empty slope ...

But as a general principle, good to hear Twisted Evil
snow conditions
T Bar wrote:

People are not doing that though in general and if you were to introduce such a bar there is nothing to suggest that people would decrease the rate at which they were doing it.
There already exists in most places the opportunity to go on a race- course should you wish to avail yourself of the pleasure of going quickly.

The analogy with skiing holds - there are currently a fair number of people behaving recklessly on the high street (piste) and occasionally injuring others. My intention isn't to decrease the rate at which people swing their fists (ski too fast), it's just to make sure that by doing it they are not endangering others that don't want any part of it. Track days are a much better analogy though. You go to a segregated area with a bunch of other people who want to go fast, and who are willing to accept a heightened level of risk in order to do so. There they can enjoy themselves with zero chance of squashing some poor beggar who wants no part of it.
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@Kimski44, interesting. Are the slopes busy? I'd be somewhat miffed if some random carabinieri decided I was "too fast" on an empty slope ...

Agreed.

I was out skiing this morning. Never seen the resort so quiet and at times I was entirely alone on several pistes. Not sure I’d have taken it too well if the polizei had jumped out and handed over a fine. Always assuming they’d catch up Toofy Grin
snow report
greengriff wrote:
T Bar wrote:

The analogy with skiing holds - there are currently a fair number of people behaving recklessly on the high street (piste) and occasionally injuring others. My intention isn't to decrease the rate at which people swing their fists (ski too fast), it's just to make sure that by doing it they are not endangering others that don't want any part of it. Track days are a much better analogy though. You go to a segregated area with a bunch of other people who want to go fast, and who are willing to accept a heightened level of risk in order to do so. There they can enjoy themselves with zero chance of squashing some poor beggar who wants no part of it.

I have never done a track day , but I doubt there are no rules. There would I imagine still be safety rules. As pointed out you can go on a race course , or you can skin up a peak with no other skiers on it.
snow report
Idris wrote:
abc wrote:
David B wrote:
I believe in America they are very proactive in policing the slopes and it is not uncommon for ski pass's to be confiscated from unsafe skier or boarders.

Many here complain about the high ticket cost in North America. I frequently see ski patrols when skiing in US/Canada. But I don't often see pisteurs when skiing in the Alps. That large number of ski patroller is part of that cost.

Things are very different in Europe vs North America. Patrol has NO policing powers. They/We are snow safety ( avalanche risk + signage) and medical help/rescue.
If someone is really up to no good we are advised to take note in case something happens but not to do anything about it. We can call the policw/gendarms If some is being dangerous. And we have to call them in case of any injury due to collision.

In Italy the Police actively patrol the pistes in certain resorts. Normally visible in Courmayeur.

The police are currently active on the pistes in Bardonecchia….
snow report
under a new name wrote:

But as a general principle, good to hear Twisted Evil

No, they’re not - very empty really and in some places, eerily so!
snow conditions
T Bar wrote:

I have never done a track day , but I doubt there are no rules. There would I imagine still be safety rules. As pointed out you can go on a race course , or you can skin up a peak with no other skiers on it.

There are indeed rules, but as you might imagine they are somewhat different to the standard rules of the road. Track days serve as a half way house for those who want to go fast but who don't want to get formally involved in racing, or even compete with other people at all. It's a way for people to push their personal envelope. In some ways the risk is reduced compared to normal driving, in some ways elevated. Crucially it allows people to get their fix of adrenaline and speed whilst not putting innocent bystanders at risk.
latest report
greengriff wrote:
T Bar wrote:

There are indeed rules, but as you might imagine they are somewhat different to the standard rules of the road. Track days serve as a half way house for those who want to go fast but who don't want to get formally involved in racing, or even compete with other people at all. It's a way for people to push their personal envelope. In some ways the risk is reduced compared to normal driving, in some ways elevated. Crucially it allows people to get their fix of adrenaline and speed whilst not putting innocent bystanders at risk.

Which is what skiing down a closed piste with poles allows you to do, Why have a piste which allows you to crash into others with impunity, without breaking the rules? Which legislature would allow this?
ski holidays
Man charged

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10411909/Man-40-charged-manslaughter-death-British-girl-five-killed-ski-collision.html
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
Man charged

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10411909/Man-40-charged-manslaughter-death-British-girl-five-killed-ski-collision.html

Crikey:

One skier described how he cradled a dying British woman in his arms on the same slope where the girl was killed.

The tragedy brought back terrible memories for those who witnessed another fatal accident in 2016.

Father-of-four Vincent Fouché, 43, from Yvelines, near Paris, said: 'The accident with this poor little girl has brought back horrendous memories of the day a British lady died on the same slope.

'I can still remember her face. And my children remember everything from that terrible day, of me trying to save her. She was dying in my arms.

'Skiers and snowboarders need to control their speed. Has no one learnt anything from this fatal accident in 2016? Obviously not.

'It makes me so angry the speed some people go. Speed kills. The need to be in control at all times is the ground rule for safety on the slopes.'

Mr Fouché, who works in the food industry, continued: 'We were on holiday in Samoëns and I was skiing with a friend and two of my children, aged nine and seven at the time, in Flaine. It was March 2016.

'It was so traumatic This poor English lady was skiing and an out-of-control young snowboarder collided with her. She was hit on her back.

'We tried to save her. In the end I had to leave the paramedics to tend to her on the slope because it was just too upsetting for my children. But there was nothing anyone could do. She died. Two deaths on the same slope within a few years. It’s not comprehensible.'
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy