Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Train advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@iainm, sorry to dig up old threads and comments.

I'm travelling to Cervinia by train in August, and wondered if you'd know an answer to my question? Taking skis on the London - Paris train. Can I just walk on with these, or do they need to be booked via EuroDespatch which the Eurostar site seems to suggest?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can just walk on with them: https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/travel-planning/luggage/sports-and-camping-equipment

"On all other trains, they’re included as one of your two pieces of luggage."
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm with kieran on that. You can just take your luggage with you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kieranm, @iainm, thanks both, I had read that, but when I look on my booking it says this:

Screenshot-2022-06-28-at-22-06-25

Which contradicts the link from Kieran that i'd read as well
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sorry i can't confirm. We went on a train chartered by TravelSki and it was just included in the package. I think its ok. Its always been part of their marketing that you don't get charged extra for excess baggage. good luck with the trip.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are rumours of an overnight direct sleeper ski train from Brussels and Lille straight down the Alps next season. It looks very likely but the question is whether is will be chartered (as the direct Eurostar is from San-Pan) to include transfers and accommodation.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thats great to hear. Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It would suit me and my family very well. I don't suppose you know the best place to try and keep on top of these rumours and see if they become reality?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowfinders wrote:
There are rumours of an overnight direct sleeper ski train from Brussels and Lille straight down the Alps next season. It looks very likely but the question is whether is will be chartered (as the direct Eurostar is from San-Pan) to include transfers and accommodation.

I'm not sure this is a rumour - it's going to be operated by a Dutch company, starting in Holland going through Brussels on the way. Notionally it will be possible to buy that package and add on your own Eurostar. http://skiflightfree.org/sunweb-offering-night-train-to-the-alps-from-netherlands-belgium/

Watch this space, as I can't officially confirm yet, but there will also be packages to France available from Paris and Lille travelling by TGV from another tour operator.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
iainm wrote:
Snowfinders wrote:

I'm not sure this is a rumour - it's going to be operated by a Dutch company, starting in Holland going through Brussels on the way. Notionally it will be possible to buy that package and add on your own Eurostar. http://skiflightfree.org/sunweb-offering-night-train-to-the-alps-from-netherlands-belgium/

Watch this space, as I can't officially confirm yet, but there will also be packages to France available from Paris and Lille travelling by TGV from another tour operator.

There is seasonal TGV service called “Thallys Snow” - used to leave BXL at around 8 in the morning and at circa 15 I was already in Tignes/StFoy/Val Thorens
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thats great. Thanks. I'll do my best to keep an eye out on this thread but also look up those other ideas. I think we might drive this year but seeing as we have just bought a place near Moutiers, I am looking for all sorted of methods of getting there in the future.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy