Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can we go with one vaccine plus recovery?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m after some Covid / vaccine related advice now that our Feb half term holiday in France looks unlikely due to vaccination status of our young adult daughter ( a positive pcr is likely to delay her second vaccine).

So where can we go?
Our group consists of :
fully vaccinated parents (with booster)
17 yo with one vaccine and recent recovery certificate
19 yo with one vaccine who’s unlikely to be able get second in time (positive test result seems imminent)

I think I’m right in saying that (surprisingly) we could get into Switzerland but am concerned about the cost.

Bansko looks just about okay as an alternative to no skiing at all (but only just) apart from the gondola queue.

Level wise, in my old age I’m getting more nervous so try to avoid blacks at all costs but the teens ski blacks with ease so a tiny resort would bore them (they’ve done about eight- ten weeks skiing each. We’ve done a bit more but are worse skiers as we learnt later in life). That’s my excuse anyway!

Any ideas where we would be allowed in without breaking the bank or getting bored? We also have three fully vaccinated competent snowboarders to consider (making numerous drag lifts a pain, obviously).

Any ideas much appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I now think I’ll missed the Swiss equivalent of the French vaccine pass… in other words the 19 yo could get into the country but not into restaurants. Off to do some research…
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Italy looks like a viable option as long as you can get a proof of recovery. I'm struggling to find out exactly what documentation you need to prove recovery that will be accepted.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You mention a recent recovery certificate, could you let me know how you get one? I have a 13 year old in the same postion but it may be different with him being under 16.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Still unsure if we can go to France or not. Think I might've panicked unnecessarily...

Covid recovery cert can be bought...
EG
https://www.zavamed.com/uk/covid-19-recovery-certificates.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA_omPBhBBEiwAcg7smazey0wtUoIgs9UmOuE8EKnth8yCIxI5Qjph7Gjm-JHuyI5wSrd9sxoC5LkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or if they have the NHS app, ours came up automatically when you request the travel QR/ pdf
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy