Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss COVID entry requirement- is home test OK ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello- I am going to Geneva in a couple of weeks and am trying to work out whether I can enter with an antigen test administered at home, like those sold by Collinsons. I have seen on the Geneva Canton website that “Self tests not accepted” but dont know what that means in practice and none of the official websites are any use at all- they just say “rapid antigen test” without saying what kind of rapid antigen test is acceptable. Can anybody help to put me out of my misery on this ? Many thanks in anticipation !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Blueinsmoke, NHS tests where you self certify are not acceptable, ones you paid for that supposedly someone checks your result are fine. Good luck!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Definitely not - they need to be independently verified with a certificate produced. Mrs F did one yesterday morning (Randox) - she uploaded picture of the negative test, verification emailed back within 15 minutes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
franga wrote:
Definitely not - they need to be independently verified with a certificate produced. Mrs F did one yesterday morning (Randox) - she uploaded picture of the negative test, verification emailed back within 15 minutes.

But isn't that a "home test"?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interestingly, this is from the Q&A on the Swiss BAG.ADMIN site

Question:
Some laboratories offer home testing kits. Samples are taken at home and sent in to the laboratory to be analysed. Are these tests’ results reliable?

Answer:
No, because taking a proper sample takes training and experience, and therefore needs to be done by an expert. You should not attempt to do this in your home.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 15-01-22 13:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We flew out to Geneva (staying in Switzerland) on Boxing Day and I don’t think the rules have changed since then.

We bought boots at home lateral flow tests and took them on Christmas Day at home. You then have to upload a picture of them to the boots portal (very easy to do) and someone “verifies” your result. We got a certificate confirming negative status within 5 minutes and that seemed fine for travel.

I think the at home tests that aren’t allowed are the nhs free tests. You basically have to pay for someone to independently check the result. Hope this helps!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes as long as it is independently checked via a provider and also not an NHS one. We don't have the same options like Collinson etc here so the Swiss wont have a separate rule for them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think there's often confusion over terminology. In the UK we're using what we call 'home' LFT NHS tests all the time. They're free, but not supervised in any way. There are also private providers of LFT tests, often using the same kit as the free NHS ones, which are also done 'at home' (or whilst travelling) but you either have to do them while supervised on video, or upload a photo of the result with some i.d. Then the test provider sends certification by email. Which is what you need to get into your destination country.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@caughtanedge,
I agree with your definition/clarification but the bit I quoted from the official Swiss website Q&A clearly goes further and advises against commercially provided home tests. Clearly, people are getting across the border having used these, but there must be a risk that the Swiss will spot this and refuse entry to people relying on these tests.
I’m going to play safe.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’m going to Switzerland and have followed all the instructions from Crystal’s website - bought a lateral flow from Randox and will test within 24hrs of departure.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DCG, I think you are right in your reading, but I dont think you can tell the difference between a certificate issued by one of the test providers that you do at home and upload a picture/video for a remote "technician" to certify and a test taken by an expert.

There was an EU document that I came across early in the pandemic when travel restrictions first came in that some EU countries referred to in their definition a to what constituted an appropriate test that said much the same thing but again they can't tell and its been shown that these home self-tests have been accepted by border authorities.

So doing what you are doing will give you total peace of mind and certainly but you could get away with these home self-tests.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just flown in and out of switzerland with test at home lateral flows (antigens) from c19. do the test at home take a photo of it alonside your passport. accepted no problems at the airport.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have passed through Geneva airport outbound and inbound in the last couple of weeks. The lateral flow test certificate from Testing for All was perfectly acceptable to the immigration officials. This was an unsupervised test with the result verified by registration, uploading a picture of the test cassette/id number etc. Verification came through within five minutes with a piece of paper signed by the company's registered manager and a clinical adviser (doctor).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rich D wrote:
just flown in and out of switzerland with test at home lateral flows (antigens) from c19. do the test at home take a photo of it alonside your passport. accepted no problems at the airport.

Is that with Randox? If so, is the Certfly app also accepted when travel across the boarder into France? We fly into Geneva and transfer to Morzine.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Roscoe, C19 is a testing company, but Randox works in the same way
latest report
albob wrote:
@Roscoe, C19 is a testing company, but Randox works in the same way

And both are accepted by both countries?
snow report
Also keen to understand if the C19 or Randox test and picture upload are okay for flying into Geneva and then entering France. It is all very confusing.
snow conditions
Hi we flew into geneva, had to show NHS vaccination - QR code worked fine. Passenger locator form - easy took ten minutes to fill out. Then the QR code for negative test result which was the done at home the night before travelling - results within about 3 hours. C19/randox pretty much the same.
We were skiing in Switzerland so didn't engage with any French stuff.
snow report
Rich D wrote:
Hi we flew into geneva, had to show NHS vaccination - QR code worked fine. Passenger locator form - easy took ten minutes to fill out. Then the QR code for negative test result which was the done at home the night before travelling - results within about 3 hours. C19/randox pretty much the same.
We were skiing in Switzerland so didn't engage with any French stuff.

Thanks @Rich D - We fly in March (but my brother goes in 3 weeks) so hopefully some of these restrictions (after the UK announcement earlier) are removed by that time.
snow report
honestly it's really easy. No hassle whatsover in the scheme of things.
snow report
Press release out today:

"Amended rules on testing to enter Switzerland
From Saturday, 22 January, persons who have been vaccinated or who have recovered from COVID-19 will no longer be required to present a negative PCR or rapid antigen test before entering Switzerland. Persons who are not vaccinated or who have not recovered from COVID-19 will still have to take the tests to enter the country."

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-86839.html
latest report
ThreeBlades wrote:
Press release out today:

"Amended rules on testing to enter Switzerland
From Saturday, 22 January, persons who have been vaccinated or who have recovered from COVID-19 will no longer be required to present a negative PCR or rapid antigen test before entering Switzerland. Persons who are not vaccinated or who have not recovered from COVID-19 will still have to take the tests to enter the country."

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-86839.html

This is great news!!!!!!
latest report
I don't know what the new rules mean for 12-16s, guess it follows the rules per the guidelines and no special exemptions for that age now.
snow report
A shame that Verifly still has the test requirements that were dropped today. BA insist on the use of this app if you want to check in online. More airport queues await instead I suppose.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy