Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski passes - different areas in PDS on different days

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

I've been reading snowheads a lot this year but this is my first post. Firstly a huge thank you to the group, all the information shared on the forum has been fabulous in helping reassure us and help plan our trip. This is just our third ski trip (all to Les Gets / Morzinne) but we have developed a love for skiing and can't wait head out February Half Term.

As we have been to Les Get before we are wondering about heading out to the wider Avoriaz area for one day. As we have our ski pass cards from 2020 we are wondering it is possible to buy 5 days local pass (Les Gets / Morzinne) pass for to cover our first 5 days and lessons online. Then separately purchase online a full PDS pass for the last day of our holiday. Can I do this or will it confuse the electronic system / card?

I know it seems a silly question just over thinking / worrying, its the first year we will have purchased our own passes and everything feels extra complicated this year.

Ps if anyone can recommend at good company for transfers from Geneva that would be great too. Very Happy

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jillyg80, welcome to SHs snowHead I'd be 100% sure you can do the liftpasses onto your existing cards like that, but I'm equally sure lessons aren't linked to your ski passes.

It won't confuse the system at all.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can't buy the whole lot online in advance - but you can definitely go online and get your existing passes reloaded with the 5 day Morzine/Les Gets pass now, then on the 6th day just go to the lift pass office and load those same cards and buy 1 day Portes du Soleil passes.

You can do that at any of the lift pass offices so depending which is most convenient. There's one at each gondola bottom station so you can either do it at the Pleney or Super-Morzine in Morzine or catch the free bus to either Prodains or Ardent and do it there. I wouldn't expect there to be much of a queue at any of them on a Friday morning, if you're doing Sat-Sat but might have some day tripers on a Saturday, if doing Sun-Sun.

As for transfers it's a frequently asked question so Search will be your friend - but I can't actually remember anyone having anything bad to say about any of them! Personally I've used Ski Lifts/Getaway Vans and Skiidy Gonzales and been happy with the service from both. The only thing to watch with Covid is that not all are doing shared transfers this season, only private. May or may not be an issue for you.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mjit, presuming you can't pre-order all - although I'm not convinced you can't - all the back end is doing is hold what cards are valid which days - just recharge online (smart phones anyone?) the night the 5 days end? No need to go to any lift office.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can purchase multiple tickets. As part of the the PDS black Friday sale I bought 4 one day passes loaded on one card and loaded the 4 free one day passes on another card. However I do find it easier to use the lift office to get the passes unless the person in front is trying to buy some strange combination of passes with discounts and trying to pay by cheque, but that's unlikely on a Friday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy