Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current best options for UK-based skiers (relating to Covid rules)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - hope OK to start a new thread.
Just looking for some general guidance on this subject but seems to be spread across multiple threads.
So, this week the rules changed for UK residents meaning we will no longer potentially get stuck overseas for 2 weeks in quarantine.
Just wondering which skiing countries offer the best options.
From SkiResortInfo it looks like most (or at least many) resorts across Europe are actually open.
However, I think Austria (and Germany?) shut almost completely to non-locals pre Christmas. Still the case?
Is it currently any easier to go to Norway or Sweden than the Alps from a Covid point of view?
And how about Canada/the US?
Any info much appreciated.
Apols if there is already a general thread for this.
Thanks.
N Neige
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Neil Neige, what’s your vaccination status? Might be a useful starting point if you’re looking at multiple, potential countries. At least respondents can then reply based upon your vax status.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And do you have any children that you want to go with you
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't France also still closed to UK citz, or did I miss something?

I think some kind of red/green/Amber matrix of countries against vax status and/or age would be really useful if there was a way of keeping it up to date.

As you say the forum is a goldmine of information but sometimes spread over 50odd pages as you say.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the responses.
I've had the three jabs and i got no kids!
Yes, I think France had closed down almost completely to Brits a week or so before Christmas - not sure if still the case...
Neil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
At the moment I think all the Alpine countries are "open" for fully vaccinated UK adult tourists, except France. France is a no go at the moment, but that is expected to change soon(ish).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Currently France is still closed, but Italy, Austria and Switzerland are still possible if you've had 3 jabs. AFAIK the main rules are:
Austria: Need booster jab, and must take Fit to Fly PCR within 48 hours of entry (the rules were relaxed on Dec 25th)
Italy: Need some immunity (not sure if has to be booster and/or if recent recovery counts), and either Fit to Fly PCR within 48 hours of entry or Lateral flow within 24 hours. Also need to fill in passenger locator form before you travel
Switzerland: Similar to Italy, but can take PCR within 72 hours

Also Sweden, I think, needs PCR or Lateral flow within 48 hours, and proof of vaccination (I think 2 jabs is sufficient)

For all there's a bit more detail re when the last vaccine was taken - typically needs to be more than 14 days before travel, and it can get way more complicated if you have kids. There's also the possibility of other local restrictions
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I flew London to Switzerland (Zurich) today and it was all really easy. Obviously much more hassle than pre-covid but I just had to do an antigen test within 24 hours before arrival (£17) plus fill in a passenger locator form. Used the Verifly app with BA so didn't have to show anything at the airport. Swiss passport control asked to see my vaccine QR codes. 100% mask compliance on the Swiss trains!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for these. That all sounds pretty positive.
Must admit I'd never heard of a Fit to Fly PCR - will do a bit of Googling!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@musehead, I've just installed the Verifly app. What does it do and how? Very Happy Very Happy I have a BA flight so would be nice if it could be used.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi - just wanted to push this back up in search of more general info about what's currently easiest from the UK.
Since a week ago, it seems we can now go to France a lot more easily which is good.
I'm keen to go to Innsbruck and also Norway.
Anyone know what the latest is for those? Apols if info already in other threads - thought a summarising one would be handy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This has some good information regarding the current entry requirements and what’s required within resort.
https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-140122-at-1533.pdf
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Andorra was OK a few weeks ago. I think some Brits flew to Barcelona then drove/bussed up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@MorningGory, Verifly simply gives you peace of mind that your docs are in order and saves you bringing tons of papers with you.

It saves a few mins, but if you're the paranoid type (as I am), its re-assuring when you see the tick on the app as it means the app at least thinks your docs are in order so its unlikely you'll have a problem.

But its not essential and I'd imagine most people just ignore it (tbh our last trip it worked, the one before it didn't and even this time the app was down the night before we flew so it is a bit unreliable)!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy