Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine restaurant recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Flaine (woop woop!) on Sat 22nd Jan. We'll arrive at about 1pm into Flaine, and apparently the apartments' reception won't be open until 5. Can anyone recommend a restaurant for a couple with an 8 year old? We're staying in Flaine Foret. Nothing fussy - just good authentic food (either French or Italian). Seemingly the apartments don't have a secure left luggage room either, so if you know anywhere that wouldn't mind us dragging in a couple of large suitcases, all the better.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you can drop the bags, I’d go to the Bisac hut which is just on the slopes in Foret, it’s canteen style but does some good local food, the Tartifilette in particular is great, and it has a big outside area if it’s sunny enough to sit out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Unfortunately, food & restaurants isn't something I'd associate with Flaine - we really struggled a couple of years ago in the evenings - skiing is great though, especially over towards Carroz etc
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is/was a fantastic burger bar but I think it’s takeaway only, but if it’s nice weather you can sit on the luggage and watch people on the hill.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure if they're open Sat pm, but i love Brasserie les Cimes down in Forum, reckon world's best Tarti-Pizza...

Otherwise +1 for sitting outside the Bisac, or the little cafe at the bottom of the Grand Platieres telecabine: both good for post-ski beer and chips too...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@oldschool72, if you've no car etc ? Then just take the "red devil" lift (there's two automated small funicular ) down from Foret level to Forum level below as it's whole side walk of cafe etc right there. It's only literally a few mtrs walk from the lift with seating both in and out and large choice of food to eat.
Forum is the main pedestrian square and central to most things going on.

As mentioned by @geoffknight, if there's anywhere to drop bags at Foret, then you can walk out onto the snow to reach that restaurant and others too. There maybe (right where the road finishes at the far end of Foret and the piste begins a place for luggage as there's a pass office there with lockers I think (not used them but seem to recall) that may be of use.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the tips. I might contact the Tourist Office about luggage lockers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brasserie des Cimes in Forum or Sabaudia in Foret , best value , very child friendly and good food . Sabaudia is right next to Madame Vacances , Odalys and the Pierre Vacances Foret .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy