Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideas where to stay one night Geneva/Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've booked a ski holiday! That's so amazing to say after a 2 year hiatus.

Anyway we're arriving at Geneva Airport Sat afternoon but our accommodation is from Sunday.

Ideas of where to stay for one night either around Geneva or in/around Morzine? With 2 x kids in tow!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How cheap do you want? There are hotels that are part of the low-cost French chains in Ferney-Voltaire and Annemasse.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're using one of the transfer companies from Geneva airport there are plenty of cheap hotels just over the Swiss/French border. For example the Premiere Classe Geneve - Aéroport - Prevessin will do you a 2/3 bed room for £44/night and just means a cheap (for Switzerland) taxi hop across the border.

If you've got a hire car then you'll find all the usual French chain hotels between Geneva and Morzine - though probably still looking at about £44/room/night. Might be a better bet if "With 2x kids in tow!" means half term/Easter and you don't have anything booked yet.

I think you'll struggle in/around Morzine, especially if we're talking half term as everyone's going to be looking for full week bookings.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What dates? I’m looking after an apartment next to mine

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 15-01-22 5:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is an Ibis Budget not far from the airport, a few stops with the trolley-bus. Not exciting but clean and OK, and easy access if your transfer next day leaves from the airport.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ttps://stars-geneve-aeroport-hotel-ferney-voltaire.hotelmix.co.uk

Just outside the entrance to the French sector of Gva airport - used to be a Formule 1. Not sure whether it went up or down in the world being re-badged. A horrid walk, or very cheap taxi ride.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A friend of mine recently had the same issue thanks to easyjet changing their flight from Saturday to Friday. He arranged with his accommodation provider to get in one night early and had an extra day on the slopes. Got to be worth a try?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://sites.google.com/view/hotel-restaurant-les-tilleuls/inicio

small hotel in Le Biot on bus route to Morzine, about 20 mins
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ibis Styles hotel at Vitam Park just over the border - https://all.accor.com/hotel/7430/index.en.shtml
Free pass to the indoor water park to keep the kids amused plus shops, restaurants, etc
Plenty of free parking
Hotel rates reasonable too - even have family suites with 2 connecting rooms
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ibis budget at the hotel is fine, courtesy bus runs ongoing. There is also a nice Italian a short walk away. Forget the name suggest trip advisor as 4 years since we last did this
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sounds like this one https://all.accor.com/hotel/5653/index.en.shtml , we've stayed there a few times.
Bus no. 10 outside arrivals - I think you used to be able to get free tickets in arrivals somehow?
They also give you a free bus ticket in the hotel for the duration of your stay.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
caughtanedge wrote:
Sounds like this one https://all.accor.com/hotel/5653/index.en.shtml , we've stayed there a few times.
Bus no. 10 outside arrivals - I think you used to be able to get free tickets in arrivals somehow?
They also give you a free bus ticket in the hotel for the duration of your stay.

Machine in arrivals baggage hall BEFORE you leave airside and go into the public access arrivals area.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We stayed at the Ibis budget just near the airport, it was quite nice actually and very handy given our gear hadn't turned up (summer - 2 bikes) but we needed to collect a car the next morning anyway. That trip was notable for us walking in the front door of the hotel and the guy in front of me having a heart attack and me having to defib him and sort him out - hadn't even checked in, busmans holiday for sure. Anyway hotel management were lovely and gave us free dinner and drinks and didn't charge us for that night or one on the way back out, left us a bottle of champers and a free dinner somewhere fancy from the guy in question which was nice.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Use a Holiday Inn or an Ibis hotel. We've done it a few times. Use their free shuttle vans to get you from the Airport AND back if you've booked a transfer from Geneva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy