Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canting/Alignment for AT boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I ski in Dynafit Zzzero4 (late carbon cuff model) AT boots, but my question would apply to most an AT boot i guess.

I also use Sidas custom footbeds, even DIY modified to better support the heels and improved pronation control (layers of tape where it matters).

I feel stable and planted in the boots. However, when i put a single boot on the floor, it comes into contact with the outside edge of the sole first, so sole is at an angle obviously. If no further correction comes into play, my kmees wil now roll inwards for skis flat on snow.

In the absence of cuff canting, my workaround are layers of stiff foam glued to the liners on the medial sides. This brings the boots flatter to the ground, and allows for reasonably balanced skiing. Skis track well on flats, and edging in steeps is intuitive. Yet, I see nobody else with similar solutions.

As I am about to buy new liners and will have top start the alignment from scratch, question is: Am I just too more/too sensitive? Am I missing some important tweak?

Would I leave this approx. 1cm of liner shimming away, I certainly would hate my inside edge control.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@danbre2022, you pretty much have it covered, due to the nature of the soles you cant do anything under the boot itself (you could have an under binding cant shim) the key is get the footbed as good as it can be and then using shims on the liner collarina, sometimes you have to fill the gaps which gets the ski flatter and sometimes you have yo push things in the opposite direction

canting on touring boots is normally ignored as when ion soft snow any adjustments are less noticed compared to on a race piste where 0.25-0.5 degree is a big change

the important thing is to get the footbed spot on, it might be worth revisiting that if you are having to stick stuff all over it
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy