Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any solo skiers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

None of my family or friends ski, which means I go alone. I like chalets cause I get to meet people and I usually manage to get someone to ski with in the chalet. The problem is booking.

As most companies prices are based on 2 sharing, they want to charge double, or a supplement for under occupancy. This means I have to wait till the last minute to see if I can get a deal and this isn't always successful.

I'm a fairly good skier and like to ski all day to make the most of my ski pass. I'm not really into apres ski and prefer to relax in the evenings. The company I usually go with is Ski Beat. Used to go with Ski Total, but they've been taken over by Inghams.

I live about 15 minutes from Gatwick.

Is there anyone out there in the same situation who would like to join up to improve their opportunities.

Cheers,
Kevin.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Kevin, have you thought about self booking into an apartment using something like vrbo or airbnb? That's what I do and the costs can be manageable then based on your own level of comfort required.

Alternatively there is an entire forum devoted to solo skiers finding a partner on this very site!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey mate, Have you tried UCPA? I'm rebooking a cancelled trip and none of the original party can come, so I booked UCPA Val Thorens for 29th Jan.

I've done solo before and met solo people there when I was in a group. It's pretty good for that!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also try here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=19
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like you need to go on the Bashes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Plenty of single skiers out there and if you're reasonably personable no reason your plan isn't a sound one. Main challenge is actually what sort of skiing you want to do etc and finding people who want the upfront commitment of skiing together everyday but if you're relaxed on that even better.

Also there are of course bashes. They aren't for everyone (some find it hard to get their head round them not being a regimented TO affair) but they are ideal for single skiers (and of course plenty of non-single ones) to have fun and make plenty of skiing pals.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Also there are of course bashes. They aren't for everyone (some find it hard to get their head round them not being a regimented TO affair) but they are ideal for single skiers (and of course plenty of non-single ones) to have fun and make plenty of skiing pals.

This has been key for me, if I have a trip which doesn't suit an existing bash (e.g I'm limited by time off I have) then I now have a reasonable list of people I can call on to make up the numbers, all of whom I already know can tolerate each other for a week and are similar level.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1. Book on a Bash - just stand outside the boot room looking lost and it won't be long till someone asks if you want to ski with them.
2. Check the Solo/Group forum for people with space.
3. Book something and post on the solo/Group forum for people to join you.
4. Look at companies like UCPA and HOFNAR - both aimed at solo skiers so you're in a group of people in the same boat.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kevheadbanger, Some good advice about the bashes, as they cater for single folks - you may not return single tho wink

A number of years ago I went for 2 weeks solo to the States ( SWMBO broke her ankle prior to our trip ) Rooms there are as priced, regardiess of occupancy.
Have you checked this with hotels, if you were going DIY rather than using a travel company ? There may not be any suppliments.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kevheadbanger I’m in a similar situation. Couple of ideas based on places I’ve been.
Le Ski have some (few) single rooms in their chalets - good setup and a nice mix of fellow skiers / boarders.
People sniff at Snowcoach sometimes but St Gervais is a good resort and they offer a room share option.
Obvs bashes as well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy