Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Campitello di Fassa?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a last minute trip to the Dolomites in mid January. We have skied fairly extensively around the Sella region so know our way around. We are looking at a week based in Campitello but looking at on-line and paper piste maps there does not seem to be a route down. Does one have to download or are there ski runs down to the town or is it a bus from Canazei or Alba?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Indeed there are no runs down, so either you download on the Col Rodella cable car or you take the bus from Canazei or Alba.
Also, do not overlook the Alba-Ciampac skiing area in the mountain range just south of Campitello, it is much quieter than Sella Ronda and there are some good runs.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As @balso says, you have to download or get the bus back. The first Birthday Bash was based in Campitello, so we generally downloaded but did get a bus from Canazei once.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the confirmation - we have been down (and up) to Alba before and enjoyed it very much. Just waiting for any post Christmas restrictions to be announced and then we hopefully will be off.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just for clarity -- you can ski down to Canazei ; Alba and Campitello are download only : Bus runs from Alba-Canazei-Campitello-Pozza

Bus used to be free, but may have changed..

==== edit ===

3 euro a day or 9 for the week

https://www.fassa.com/EN/Skibus-service/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, Thanks for the link to the bus service. We stayed in Canazei many years ago, if i remember correctly the run back finishes a fair way out of the town, is this still the case?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, it is still the case. Not sure how far the closest bus stop is, but it is definitely quite a hike back to the gondola.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From memory, the nearest bus stop is a straight walk downhill (by the river) to the main road, a good walk ; but we only used it at the end of the day, so a stop for a beer shortened the distance...

Give google street view a go and you can see what it is like..

https://tinyurl.com/mubvyk4c

Go straight down, past church, through pedestrian area to reach main road

There is a little train that runs around to village, but not sure often ( I was staying on the main road, so never used it )

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes I remember the train now. We used to stop at a bar/cafe by the church for a beer at the end of the day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well we decided to go for it, had a look at Passo Tonale that was coming up with good prices but looks a little limited for skiing range/variety compared to the region around the Sella range. My only fear is the cable car queues may be quite horrendous, but we will be getting out early to beat the ski schools, which is normal practice for us. Then once up then I doubt there will be any queue problems but I doubt we will manage a Sella Ronda both ways day like we did 3 years ago Very Happy Have to wait for our week in Selva in late March to repeat that one.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@CP, Had my cheapest ski holiday in Campitello ever, but now I would prefer Alba with access to both sides and homerun on one side. Have you had a look at Alba?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:
Just for clarity -- you can ski down to Canazei ; Alba and Campitello are download only

My understanding is that you can ski down to Alba provided you are on Ciampac side, albeit it is a black run down Happy

Of course you are right re download if on the actual Sella Ronda circuit side.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SteveM wrote:
albob wrote:
Just for clarity -- you can ski down to Canazei ; Alba and Campitello are download only

My understanding is that you can ski down to Alba provided you are on Ciampac side, albeit it is a black run down Happy

That black down can be a bit sketchy. We're not too shabby, but a few of our gang have been known to round an icey bend or two on their bellies on that one. Razz
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SteveM, @Mollerski, Ahh the Alba Black -- one of my favourite runs Smile ::
'Beat the Cable car down' was a feat I achieved once, but it was a bit 'Hairy' ; Not possible now with the new Bubble...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes I don't think I would ever beat the cable down. Maybe, early in the day and with the right snow conditions. But maybe just wishful thinking. But it is still one of the classics in the area.

On another topic, perhaps back on track to the OP, if staying at Campitello it sounds like worth spending a bit of time to ski around Vigo/Pozza (Ciampedie) as well and even take a trip up to San Pellegrino. But I have to say I have not yet reached either of those areas.

My very first snow heads bash was the inaugural birthday bash based in Campitello and we had a blast Happy
latest report
The Alba Black - March 2017

snow conditions
A little video guide to the area from our very own Cameron Phillips (or it could be his son...)

http://youtube.com/v/m0bjXnhGJ9Q
snow conditions
@CP, not to put a downer on it, but my memories of Campitello were always a big queue in the morning to get up the cable car, but I will add one of those trips was at February half term.

You'll have fun though regardless! Enjoy
snow report
Made it into Campitello this afternoon, looks like a nice town, let’s see what the queue for the cable car is like first thing tomorrow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy