Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resorts have the best closing weeks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a big fan of late season snow and the relaxed atmosphere that seems to go with it.

I tend to aim for a family trip over easter and now my son is a bit older I can fit in a week on the snow for myself when the school holidays are over. This will involve the closing week for many of the big European resorts.

Any views on which resorts have the best closing weeks and which have special events like VT Dutch Week?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe a bit ironic given that I have just done a post saying how much I dislike the place. Ischgl remains open until 1st May, conditions are usually good until the end though clearly some of the lower runs will close (no big loss). There is usually a large "free" concert on the final day with a big name headliner (a couple of previous names would be Robbie Williams & Elton John). Whether that will happen this year a bit difficult to say though given it is an open air event in a few months time there is a good chance it will.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ischgl is the best known but who knows what this year will be like, they cancelled the opening concerts.
Mammoth is nuts towards the end of season, djs, bands, pond skimming, freestyle comps, fancy dress etc etc...long and expensive trip mind!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Henwc, there's usually a closing day party up the Grands Montets but in 16 years I've never been able to make it and suspect I couldn't cope any more!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Often more a factor of which bars shut when - from doing ski seasons I can say the bars in a resort tend to stagger their closing dates to maximize the number of people (ie seasonnaires) left in resort to help drink them dry.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, I saw Deep Purple the other year in Ischgl, who were very polished, like they'd been practicing for half a century.

Sölden opens slightly longer and has bands and stuff too, albeit on a smaller scale.

As someone said most / many bars will be closed at that point, mind. That said you're safer eating egg
based puddings at the end of a season rather than at the start of the next.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philwig wrote:
Yeah, I saw Deep Purple the other year in Ischgl...

I though the acts in more recent years had been rather...unimpressive. But then checking on Deep Purple that WAS back in 2013 so pushing "the other year" a little Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy