Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Masks types acceptable in French resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all , probably been asked already but I’ve found nothing concrete yet .

Are Buffs etc still acceptable in french resorts ?
This was the case when we went last August but I’m reading conflicting information.
Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When getting on a main gondola the answer is a little grey, the rest of the time a buff is fine. At least in the Haute Savoie.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
advice from La Plagne
La Plagne have sent out this e mail just now

If you have any questions about the health situation in La Plagne, (almost) all the answers are here!
https://social-sb.com/mm/3bpzolxtaz4ttu?

In La Plagne masks have to be worn in the streets in buildings in lift queues and in Gondolas. Buffs (especially La Plagne branded and Govt. approved €10 in all lift offices) seem to be accepted but in shops and bars in villages (whilst waiting for QR to be checked) people are wearing standard NHS type masks.
On piste bars are happy for you to where buffs until QR checked then you can take it off.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 14-01-22 11:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin wrote:
advice from La Plagne
La Plagne have sent out this e mail just now

If you have any questions about the health situation in La Plagne, (almost) all the answers are here!
https://social-sb.com/mm/3bpzolxtaz4ttu?

PDS is my destination, the La Plagne information talks about medical grade etc .
Anyone actually in PDS Les gets morzine , Saint jean d’aulps etc ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Eagerly waiting, Its French Government Guidance so will apply in all resorts - theres a link to the French Gov. website.

Bear in mind you are coming to a country that will probably have twice the rate of UK infections by next week! So you need to be protecting yourself from the French not vice versa Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Idris wrote:
When getting on a main gondola the answer is a little grey, the rest of the time a buff is fine. At least in the Haute Savoie.

This.

I'm sure there's some variability but we've just been wearing buffs going up the telecabine to Brevent and Les Houches, and frankly, ignoring them on chairs.

And the prefectural arrete mandating masks in the street in Chamonix is being widely ignored - maybe 50-60% compliance?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very French.
Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, Yep, I can't see a need on a chair either, if there is a queue to get on yes but once on the chair in the open air it comes straight off!
Compliance on the street here is 90% and you get glared at if you are not wearing it - mostly by the older generation.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
@under a new name, Yep, I can't see a need on a chair either, if there is a queue to get on yes but once on the chair in the open air it comes straight off!
Compliance on the street here is 90% and you get glared at if you are not wearing it - mostly by the older generation.

I am the older generation Eh oh! Eh oh!
But exempt in the Uk Eh oh!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@boredsurfin, oddly, it's mostly the older generation not wearing them here. Tbh, I don't see any effectiveness of a mask out of doors, queue or not, nor do I see the effectiveness of putting one on to enter the pub and straight off again, 2 minutes later as you sit down and shout your order across the room to the bar staff.

Contagion theatre.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Eagerly waiting, i was at Xmas. Most people were in masks but some in buffs. Les Gets sells an approved one in thr TO. You also need to wear them on the main streets and there were security asking people to put them on in Morzine on two days.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Nadenoodlee, I heard last year the Morzine gendarmerie gave up enforcing them? Anyway, precious little enforcement going on in Cham, the few times I've been in town.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fresh air been good for many years.
Especially alpine air .

Looking forward to it regardless Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any kind of mask seems ok, also buffs, scarves and, most commonly seen here, nothing at all........
latest report
@under a new name, no one enforcing here, and like Cham, 50-60% compliance.
Anything goes on the lifts.
ski holidays
Last week en Les Arcs, I am confident that they would have approved toiletpaper - 8 out of 9 persons tested positive when we got back home, but fortunately it was Omikron, so basically the flu for us younger persons under 50.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy