Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea - Sauze D'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
4 of us (all confident skiiers) are off to Sauze for the first time on Jan 29th and are very pumped - just had a few questions for any Sauze Heads out there snowHead :

Really keen to get over to Sansicario and Sestriere but struggling to find the best route for Sestriere on the Piste Map - I'm sure I'm misreading it but it looks like we might have to cross the village to get over to the pistes? Also, what would be the best route back to Sauze? I've also heard that it's harder to ski out to any of the other towns as the routes aren't very fun and it can take a while, so are we just best sticking to Sauze, Sansicario and Sestriere?

Apologies for the nooby questions, but I've got one more - are there any Sauze bars on the pistes that have live music/DJs for apres? I've heard Capanna Kind or Rocco Nere might have a bit of this going on.

Thanks in advance for the help Very Happy !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sestriere: About 45 mins (maybe even less) on lifts and skiing

Clotes Lift (4) -> Sportinia Lift (5) - short ski to bottom of -> Lago Nero lift (15) -> ski to bottom of Lift 12 (slow 2 person lift) - > Get on Gondola to Sestriere
OR
Jouvenceaux Lift (10) - Lago Nero lift (15) -> ski to bottom of Lift 12 (slow 2 person lift) - > Get on Gondola to Sestriere

Sansicario
Same lifts except you dont take gondola and simply ski down into Sansicario

Return from Sestriere - just take GOndola - ski to bottom of lift 11 -> lift 11 -> you are then able to ski to anywhere in Sauze

Return from Sansicario
You need to take drag lift 34 or 35 - from there ski to bottom of lift 11 -> lift 11 -> you are then able to ski to anywhere in Sauze

Absolutely make sure you do at least one day in Sestriere and one day in Sansicario.

One my recent trip we did Day 1 in sauze - assuming the pistes are ok there are some really lovely runs from the top of lift 5. Day 2 in sansicario. Day 3 in Sestriere. Then you can decide if you want to revisit anywhere - or if you want to try for example to ski to Claviere and Montgenevre.
We didnt - but I am told the trip to Montgenevre is about 2/2.5 hours to get there - I suppose the same back. And you dont want to get stuck with closing lifts - so you can be clock watching. If there are 4 of you - you may be able to take a taxi to Montgenevre at a reasonable price. Apparently they have great snow at the moment. And 1 day in Montgenevre is included on your 6 day Via Lattea ski pass.

On piste apres ski with DJs etc saw none when but I was there a very quiet week. Some of the places do play music etc but nothing raucous. Coming down into Sauze there are DJs in Ghost and Village bar (Thje Sports Bar and Marvellino (sp?) were also popular lively spots. Ghost has loud DJs, Happy Hours, people dancing on tables and the normal apres ski fun - so if thats your thing then maybe start there. Its very close to the bottom of the Clotes lift at the top of the village.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy