Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@MontyP, Yes I think I was wrong about the Dutch. Better class of cloggie though wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@munich_irish, I'd agree with some of what you say but not all. The Schatzi bar I don't particularly like but it's OK if you drink at the outside bar. Sure there are some powerful families economically and politically but they don't own it all. Ischgl has a permanent population of about 1500 people and lots of families own lots of businesses. Yes , it's impossible for outsiders to buy property but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. They look after their own. Lots of people have become very wealthy through the development of Ischgl as a ski resort but for that they have provided world class facilities.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don’t be concerned about Austrian resorts being lower. The further east you travel, the colder the average temperatures and the lower the snowline.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Austrian Seagull, yes my wife's from the Polish mountains, its colder but it don't precip as much.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mother hucker wrote:

saalbach does look of interest from looking at piste maps but it's low I'm guessing struggles early and late in the season

Early season not really - height doesn't really matter much then as you're not preserving already-fallen snow, you just need it to snow, and as above that's a fairly snow-rich area (FWIW the ~6m of snow many high French resorts average per winter is rather low for much of Austria). Towards the end of the season it definitely gets slushy, mainly as many of the runs are south-facing, but it's not like there are any worries of actually running out of snow back to the bottom or anything like that.

Fun area for skiing and for biking!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@clarky999, MTB in sallbach good(morzine standard good)? I'm going to have a reccy mission to Saalbach with the wife later this month
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mother hucker, definitely comparable. Morzine definitely has more trails and lifts for biking, but Saalbach has much longer trails and you can still cover real distance up and the valley. Plus Leogang too. I only had one day in Morzine though so obviously didn't ride the whole area though.

Close to Saalbach you also have Schladming though, which is also one of Austria's MTB hotspots. So easy to hit both in one trip.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mayrhofen next Friday for a week. kids dumped on grandparents. flying in to munich best way to transfer hire car or can we bus/train?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mother hucker wrote:
Mayrhofen next Friday for a week. kids dumped on grandparents. flying in to munich best way to transfer hire car or can we bus/train?

It's doable by train, but for that area a car is very useful so I'd go with car hire, then you can get around to the other areas in Zillertal.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sah, After checking i couldn't get there on public transport cheaper than what I've just hired a car for.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy