Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways Flight Changes

Poster: A snowHead
Had tons of changes and cancellations for flights in Jan.

BA been the worst, splitting up our group to different flights several hours apart. Refused any refund too! Overbooking apparently…

Trying to get back to Manchester on Jan 12th but having trouble.

Anyone know about transfer times in Paris CDG or Brussels?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bezthespaniard, if they can ell your flight then they can't refuse a refund.

You also don't need to accept their "rebooking" because it is only a suggestion.

You can choose another time or day. I did this last week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They cancelled my flight for the Jan 19th, but luckily LHR-GVA has flights every 3 hours so, I just switched to the next one - no dramas. I guess there's not quite so many direct flights for provincial airports.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have had two changes too, both in Feb - and both worked out better for me once I selected something else to switch to rather than the suggested flight - hope you find something that works.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This seems to be a new and recurring pain these days (for obvious reasons) - it's just incredibly frustrating; a holiday is generally made up of several links in a chain, and if one breaks then it can throw all the rest out. For our trip last Easter, the flight was moved to a different day and a different airport. In the end the holiday was cancelled, but if it hadn't have been then I'm not sure what we would have done.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

You also don't need to accept their "rebooking" because it is only a suggestion.

They moved half the group to a flight 4 hours earlier which is allowed under their T&Cs apparently. No refund or compensation.

Livid
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WindOfChange wrote:
They cancelled my flight for the Jan 19th, but luckily LHR-GVA has flights every 3 hours so, I just switched to the next one - no dramas. I guess there's not quite so many direct flights for provincial airports.

Less of the provincial Wink

No direct flights to Manc it seems so we either go via Paris or Brussels
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WindOfChange wrote:

I think there are NO direct flights from provincial airports. All BA flights go via LHR (certainly in the case of Newcastle). rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bezthespaniard wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

They moved half the group to a flight 4 hours earlier which is allowed under their T&Cs apparently. No refund or compensation.

Livid

you should have the right to refund.
Where you flying from?
Does it have to be into Manchester? Would liverpool be an option?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bezthespaniard, did you book direct, or through an agent? If the latter, then ignore all the above as it's the agent's rules that count, and those are often less customer-friendly than BA's own rules.

If the former, then BA's rules always used to be (and I don't think have changed) that any of the following count as "cancellation" and entitlement to full refund or move to flight of your choice within 24 months of original booking date:

1) Change of flight number (even if the flight time is the same, this is a cancellation)
2) Change of flight time > 2hrs
3) Change of airport

In the current environment, flying from regional airports is hugely risky. There's been a number of threads like this one. Major airline, major airports, high route frequencies is the least risky option at present, tho' I appreciate that's not very convenient for those living far from London. Indirect flights/anything with a transfer has 4x the risk of disruption.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Direct with BA. They finally gave me a refund following a complaint and I’ve booked with Brussels Airlines via Brussels.

Frustrating
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just had BA cancel another flight, think that's the 4th time they have done it for this trip alone, now having to fly into malpensa, but fly out of Linate, so involved all sorts of hire car re booking etc, pretty annoying
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MountainIdiot, it is so frustrating. The flight, transfer, accommodation are all links in the chain, and once one goes wrong then the whole chain can collapse - and in these crazy days, it feels like the flight has the highest chance of messing everything up. In fact, personally, it feel rare to have a trip where a flight doesn't get moved or cancelled at least once.

Previously we've had our return destination airport changed (even though we had our car parked at the outbound airport), and moved to a different day - it just doesn't work.

Hope you get it all sorted.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Handy Turnip,
Thanks, fortunately we had hire with sixt -this is one of the reasons I always go
With a known rental brand even if it's a little more ££) who have branches at both airports, the €20 alternate site drop off fee was far cheaper than getting 3 of us with gear over to linate from malpensa, and it's a bit later in the day so we can at least grab breakfast before we head home, had already chalked off the day as wasted to travel anyway

Still within the original 24hr block so can keep the same parking at Heathrow

I can understand last minute changes due to covid etc, but 3 weeks (ish) out? That's just rubbish management, either you should have binned the flight ages ago, or just push on with it. Seemingly there is no BA flight from malpensa to Heathrow at all now on 1st of Feb, unless it's actually overbooked due to all the other cancellations and they have just hoofed us off it
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@MountainIdiot, Certainly from the LHR route, they cancelled a couple of flights due to low demand so rightsized schedule to match passenger numbers, but I don't really get the Linate vs Malpensa switch, as it doesn't seem demand driven, unless its a shared route with another carrier.
I have always found them very fair though wrt to changes and cancellations.
snow report
Yep. BA cancelled my flight for the 5th Feb from LHR to Verona yesterday. (originally from Gatwick but they cancelled that a few months ago). We're now flying to Venice but we had to phone them to rebook as the online rebooking wouldn't work for us.

I've now changed my car hire and saved a bit on that which surprised me.

In general, apart from the usual ski lovers here on snowheads, it looks as if demand is low this season. If I look at hotels in Corvara or San Cassiano for half term there is still plenty of rooms available which is unusual, car hire has some cheap deals and Ryanair has flights going out on the 5th Feb for £10 each way (£40 each way with all the extras). The flights are still £200 each way for half terms (Sat 12th) so I feel sorry for anybody who doesn't have the same flexibility as we do now our son is not bound by the school timetables.
ski holidays
I cannot think why they needed to cancel my return flight from EoSB on 23rd April at 15.10 hrs 4 months in advance on 30th Dec. People are gonna be skiing then if all the Covid goddesses allow, planes will be full.
ski holidays
Not just BA - we've had our EJ flights to Innsbruck cancelled, both out and back. We were suggested to rebook onto another flight at eight times the cost of the original flight... It's the impact on all the other arrangements is the headache.
snow conditions
Cinsha wrote:
I cannot think why they needed to cancel my return flight from EoSB on 23rd April at 15.10 hrs 4 months in advance on 30th Dec. People are gonna be skiing then if all the Covid goddesses allow, planes will be full.

And on top of that, apparently Jet2 have seen a spike in people booking holidays/flights since the travel restrictions were eased a couple of days ago - so will they now start adding those flights back in?!
latest report
BA cancelled out flights to Lyon on the 26th. We have cancelled and asked for the refund.
latest report
My flights to the preBB now gone but I'm used to it. I'm on version 4 now.
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

FFS!
What TF is going on at BA? Anyone find out yet?
snow report
Hope BA don't cancel mine. I've already lost EZY and RyanAir.... Mind you, I did find a TUI flight from Bristol to somewhere in Italy that would do. Taxi to Alleghe would probably cost a few hundred squids, but whateva Cool

Maybe as they're from LHR they'll be safe. I wonder why all the flights are being cancelled?
snow report
@AL9000, @MorningGory, Mine was a move from LGW to LHR (that was fine) then from Morning to early morning, then 19th to 20th with the 17.30 arrival gone, now the afternoon Glas flight gone. That means I would need a LFT at 7am, hope I get the result at 8.20 to get through checkin then a 6 hour wait at LHR then VCE at 20.30.

Now looking at LFT 20th afternoon, evening to LHR (as long as I can get on while waiting for my result), recheck bags (probably a good way to make sure I get my GLA-LHR flight) and morning of 21st from LHR-VCE.

My issue is I'm connecting so if one goes then it mucks up the next one.
ski holidays
@GlasgowCyclops, train to London not an option?
ski holidays
@MorningGory, It is but getting from central London to LHR with Ski gear. And it would be about 7 hours. Flying is better.
snow conditions
@GlasgowCyclops, use Excalibur LFT. instant result via phone app, so you can do it whenever you want. I take a spare one when travelling in case of delays or changed plans.
latest report
@snowdave, Thanks snowdave. I'll look them up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AL9000 wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

FFS!
What TF is going on at BA? Anyone find out yet?

The BA person who helped us said there just weren’t enough people flying so they were consolidating flights to the same region. In my case they were cancelling the Verona flight but keeping flights to Venice and Milan so people would still be able to get to where they are going, just with a bit more inconvenience.
snow conditions
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@snowdave, Thanks snowdave. I'll look them up.

Follow-up. I see they are recommended by BA. I'm impressed with the instant results which is crucial for me.

Local testing shuts at 1pm near me so using the instant app (and not a 1-3 hour gap) is very handy.

Note if you go via the BA site referral you get them for £15.50 instead of £17.50.
snow conditions
@snowdave, Good call. Will give them a try.

@olderscot, OK. Kind of makes sense. I guess their computer must be saying “No” quite a bit these days.
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops, @AL9000, they work really well, I’ve used them a lot.

Take lateral flow test, open app, hold over test and press “scan” button, certificate appears a few seconds later _and_ it triggers an email to you with lots more detail about testing protocol etc, which might be necessary for some countries to prove sensitivity and selectivity levels.
snow conditions
Thanks also @snowdave just about to order mine ready for half term. Looking to order 8 now (4 for outbound travel and 4 for when we get home). I guess we could take those extra 4 with us just in case for rule changes while out there for a test before return? Then we would need to immediately order more when we get home if that were to happen?
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
Thanks also @snowdave just about to order mine ready for half term. Looking to order 8 now (4 for outbound travel and 4 for when we get home). I guess we could take those extra 4 with us just in case for rule changes while out there for a test before return? Then we would need to immediately order more when we get home if that were to happen?

Isn't half term still several weeks away? Assuming it is, I wouldn't order anything yet, as requirements might change between now and then and it only takes a couple of days for them to turn up (in my experience).
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Isn't half term still several weeks away? Assuming it is, I wouldn't order anything yet, as requirements might change between now and then and it only takes a couple of days for them to turn up (in my experience).

Guess I am just worrying about shortages and delays…? Major rule changes only just happened, will there be more?
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Guess I am just worrying about shortages and delays…? Major rule changes only just happened, will there be more?

Who knows? The rules for England have just changed, but then they changed with no warning at all before Xmas. And what about the rules for where you're travelling to?
ski holidays
So only an LFT is required on return to the UK now, but do we still need a reference number for the locator forms? Don't see mention of this being provided with LFTs on the Excalibur website.
snow conditions
@StuHolmes_73, When you book the LFTs you get a reference number for each test (EG I got 4 references) and you use one for the Passenger Locator Form.
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops,
Quote:

Now looking at LFT 20th afternoon, evening to LHR (as long as I can get on while waiting for my result), recheck bags (probably a good way to make sure I get my GLA-LHR flight) and morning of 21st from LHR-VCE.

I have no idea how feasible (or desirable) this is for you, but if you could get a flight to Birmingham Thursday (20th) pm, I'm driving down to LHR Friday for what I presume is the same flight your on.

I'd be happy to take you down.
ski holidays
Well, outbound flights have just been changed (again) now flying into linate, so at least I can scrub the €20 fee as I'll be picking up and taking the car back to the same place after all. Means a bit of a lie in on the way out too, so all things considered, not as bad as it could be
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy