Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Innsbruck to Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow Snowheads, just looking for some opinions from anyone who's transferred from Innsbruck to Kitzbuhel in the past?

My wife, who has no interest or experience in snow holidays, went and surprised me with a week in Kitzbuhel at the start of Feb so it's her first experience on the mountains and I'd like to make the trip as enjoyable as possible. Looking into transfers, it seems that options come on the more expensive side at around €230 there and back but then we've got the options of training it which I've never had the joy of experiencing before.

The train option appears to be a bit of a faff, with getting a taxi or bus to the main station in Innsbruck and a change at Worgl but it's obviously significantly cheaper. Has anyone experienced this before and got some insight as to whether it's worth it? Kind of tempted just to splash out on the shared transfer option to make it an easier experience for my wife...

Appreciate your time and attention, folks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got the train from Innsbruck to Brixen-Im-Thale (about three stops before Kitzbuhel) in 2020 (about 3 weeks before Covid really kicked off!) and it was super easy.

Got the OEBB app on my phone (which you can have in English) so I could buy the bus and train ticket for the whole journey in one go and just needed to show the QR code. Bus from the front of the terminal to train station, train to Worgl then a few minutes to wait for a connecting train on towards Kitzbuhel.

I was on an evening flight so it was almost the last train of the evening and got me in just in time for dinner.

I DEFINITELY would not spend €230 on a transfer.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We travelled to Kitz by train in 2018 and it was a breeze - bus from airport (every 15 mins).

I used OBB website and app that lets you buy a ticket which covers bus and train all the way through to Kitz (changing at Worgl):

https://tickets.oebb.at/en/ticket
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@brownbown, €230 for a return private transfer between Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel is very cheap, if that’s what you are looking at. Cheaper than the best price I can find for the shorter Salzburg to Zell am See return.

I’ve hired a car in the past but car hire this year is ridiculously expensive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@brownbown, Austrian railways are fairly cheap and efficient. Yes it is a bit of a faff getting the shuttle bus from the airport to the train station but the bus runs every 10 minutes or so. There are very regular trains from Innsbruck to Wörgl, if you get one of the fast trains (RJ or EC) you are best booking seats, no need with the regional ones. Easy change in Wörgl for the train to Kitzbühel. It is a fairly scenic ride, there are two stations in Kitzbühel (one next to the main lift station) so you would need to check with your hotel as which one is better and whether you need a local taxi. As mentioned above the Austrian railways app is the best way to book tickets and is easy to use, one ticket all the way from the airport. You can reserve seat separately to booking a ticket.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought the Innsbruck airport to the main railway station was one of the least-faff bus shuttles going. Departs from right outside the terminal, arrives in the right place at the station. Runs every 10 minutes or so. A taxi for this stage of the journey is also a relatively good value option too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To everyone who's given advice - I very much appreciate it. I'm afraid the decision was made to book a transfer there and back (I don't even want to say how much!) simply for the sake of ease of mind and luxury, we have an early flight out going back and want minimal fuss. BUT I think I'll be heading out on my own via Innsbruck later in the season so will definitely be using the trains for then.

That, or possibly attending the End of Season Bash in Val Thorens if it's still possible, whatever ends up being cheapest!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brownbown wrote:
To everyone who's given advice - I very much appreciate it. I'm afraid the decision was made to book a transfer there and back (I don't even want to say how much!) simply for the sake of ease of mind and luxury, we have an early flight out going back and want minimal fuss. BUT I think I'll be heading out on my own via Innsbruck later in the season so will definitely be using the trains for then.

That, or possibly attending the End of Season Bash in Val Thorens if it's still possible, whatever ends up being cheapest!

Depending where they are booked transfers can be cancelled. I found cheapest taxis through booking.com (cancellable too!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy