Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva Blue runs?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi..

Can someone help with the blue runs in Selva please? From the online piste map it looks like you have to use Reds to get to any decent length blue runs. Yes there are some in the village but to get to those up near Sasslong you can only reach them via reds

I have been but it's a few years ago and I tend not to take that much notice rolling eyes I'd like to know for my 14 year old whose had 2 weeks, so not quite confident on reds

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For the first few days you could take the 352 bus up to Plan di Gralba where you can jump on the gondola and get access to easy blues. After a few days he will be confident to tackle the red runs around Selva, they’re really not that difficult.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jellylegs, thanks. Do you know where lessons meet in Selva or Santa Christina?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gaz_H, my group met at the Nives slope in Selva (was some years ago, could have changed)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are many runs accessible from the Danterpidies lift or whatever its called, im staying near here (Hotel Oswald) and wandering whats the best way to move around from herE?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Selva and St. C schools are seperate. The Selva school generally meets on Nives or Resaccia depending on ability. Selva is tricky if you only want to ski blues. An alternative to the bus to Plan could be to catch the Dantercepies lift to the top, pop over the ridge and head to Colfosco and then perhaps on to Corvara? It's very bluesy cruisy over there and if you don't fancy skiing Dantercepies on the return, take the lift back down to the village.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sarny wrote:
Are many runs accessible from the Danterpidies lift or whatever its called, im staying near here (Hotel Oswald) and wandering whats the best way to move around from herE?

Ciampinoi is the best lift out for you ( up the street 200m on the same side as the Oswald). If you're a half decent skier, the World's your lobster from there. Razz Say Hi to Werner at the Curona Hutte on Seceda.It's the best hut literally in the World. Cool

Yes, Dantercepies sets you off on the Sella Ronda. There's a vast amount of skiing in the Arabba valley and beyond. Grab a piste map! Razz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys. My daughter hasn't been for about 4 years so will probably want a couple Blue days.... she'll be on reds asap as she is fearless

Thanks for the advice. I've not booked yet but will go for Selva, SC or Arabba depending on snow cover
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaz_H wrote:
I've not booked yet but will go for Selva, SC or Arabba depending on snow cover

Your first post stated that you were concerned about red runs. That being the case, I’m surprised that you would consider Arabba as a base.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jellylegs wrote:
Gaz_H wrote:

Your first post stated that you were concerned about red runs. That being the case, I’m surprised that you would consider Arabba as a base.

That's good point. Arabba is probably the least blue friendly of all villages in the area.

Alpe di Suisi (Seiser Alm) above Ortisei on the opposite side of the valley to Seceda/ Col Raiser, is the ultimate blue playground. It's a massive high plateau with plenty of not too challenging runs and some great places to eat. Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gaz_H wrote:
Thanks guys. My daughter hasn't been for about 4 years so will probably want a couple Blue days.... she'll be on reds asap as she is fearless

Thanks for the advice. I've not booked yet but will go for Selva, SC or Arabba depending on snow cover

Don't worry too much about snow cover. This area has possibly the most comprehensive snow making facilities in the World. In 22yrs and well over 30 visits, we've never not been able to ski. Slush on sunny South facing slopes is the only possible minus and that's rare until the tail end of the season.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mollerski wrote:
South facing slopes is the only possible minus and that's rare until the tail end of the season.

Very true. In my experience, the Dolomites seem to have their own micro-climate, and it tends to stay much colder in the valleys. This is probably why the area is a world leader in artificial snow backup.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jellylegs wrote:
Gaz_H wrote:

Yeah, get where you're coming from..... I only need blue for the first couple of days..... my first post was because the Selva blues looked hard ro get to
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Selva blue runs are definitely not easy to reach from the town. Corvara or Colfosco have much easier access to blues for sure. Dantercepies has great runs but they’re red/black. The Plan Gralba bus is a Pita tbh.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gaz_H wrote:
jellylegs wrote:
Gaz_H wrote:

Yeah, get where you're coming from..... I only need blue for the first couple of days..... my first post was because the Selva blues looked hard ro get to

Yes, they are.

If you take the Ciampinoi gondola up from the village, there is a nasty red pitch that drops to the left towards the blues of Plan de Gralba, it gets very cut up, wouldn't be the best introduction for a second weeker. You can avoid it by going right and round the back of the top station, it's a road but takes out some of the steepness of the pitch. Might be OK for a second weeker who has got ski legs back on the nursery slopes.

Using the Dantercepies gondola and dropping towards Colfosco is an easier red, just the first pitch is a little steep, then flattens out. As others have said, you can then cruise blues all day toward Corvara and beyond. And download the Dantercepies on return to Selva.

The other option is to drive or take the skibus up to Plan de Gralba to access the blues there and up to Passo Sella, you can ski all the way back to Selva at the end of the day.

Or take the ski bus down to Ortisei to access the blues of Alpi di Siusi.
ski holidays
If my experience in February a few years ago is anything to go by, you won't enjoy waiting for the bus from Selva up to Plan di Gralba. Plenty of buses but mostly not the right one. Every bus driver told us 'next bus' but this could mean next plus 4 or 5.
ski holidays
luigi wrote:

Using the Dantercepies gondola and dropping towards Colfosco is an easier red, just the first pitch is a little steep, then flattens out. As others have said, you can then cruise blues all day toward Corvara and beyond. And download the Dantercepies on return to Selva.

There is a way to avoid that first pitch. Actually probably two ways. But the way I am specifically thinking of is a bit counterintuitive. Come out of the Dantercepies gondola and keep left as if you are going back down to Selva. As soon as you make to ski off, keep left as far as possible so you are close to the top station building wall with it on your left. Then keep left again and you drop out at the end(ish) of first pitch.

But the other bit of the route down that valley which sometimes spooks people (aside from going under the road bridge) is the last pitch before the mid station of the gondola coming up from Colfosco (Frara) as it is all at a bit of a strange angle. Like many, easier at start of day after overnight grooming, not so great at end of day.
snow report
following as I’m in the same situation and going Saturday.
Been told to ski these areas;
Alpe d’suisi & Alta Badia
Dantercrëies (over the ridge to Colfosco but stay left as if going back towards selva)
Plan de Gralba (piz sella cable car)
Monte Pana
S.Cristina
Ortisei (bus there then red bubble lift number 1 on alpe de suisi map)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy